HomeTechnique Chatmore help with coin lace stole
Messages in this topic - RSS
5/9/2011 10:11:50 AM
axelrod192
axelrod192
Posts 1
Hi there:

I have just started to knit the coin lace stole and I cant seem to understand how to "drop" a stitch . Most directions tell you to wrap the yarn an extra time then drop on next row. When I try to follow this pattern's directions however, I dont know which stitch to pick up and knit ( eg which is the "top bar" of the drop stitch).

Hope someone can help

Thanks you
5/9/2011 3:57:22 PM
Mariah
Mariah
Posts 11
In this pattern what you are supposed to do is push the labeled dropped stitches off of the left needle without doing anything else to the stitch to put it on the right needle. Then you take that strand of the yarn and gently tug it free so that it is separated from the strand below it.

You can also do what I am doing but is going to take me some time and patience later. I did this when I made my Clapotis too. What I did was knit/purl the stitch that was supposed to be dropped until the row before I would purl it together with the edge stitch. That is when I would first let it slide off of my needle and then gently tug it free and knit it. I am knitting it in the Baby Cashmere, which has enough "fuzziness" so that it does not drop free all the way down to the bottom without some intervention (I can tug it apart and it mostly unravels but sometimes some of the fuzziness effects it). I like this so I do not have to worry about it snagging on anything in my bag and it keeps it narrower.

Hope this helps
Mariah
pages: 1
HomeTechnique Chatmore help with coin lace stole