Karin - all messages by user

3/21/2007 5:02:05 PM
Stash Sizes - Are these for real?? That, and if you hid the bag in the hedge until your DH (or other Muggle-type) left the house and you could sneak it in!
Karin (don`t ask how I know this technique!)
3/26/2007 7:08:51 PM
Return of the Blog Glad you`re back :)!
3/29/2007 3:22:00 AM
About those blog verification codes They are a HUGE pain - and they are part of what passes for security on my blog. That said, I`m one of the "little people" who was victimized by spammers and bots (and some of you know just how horrible it was). They don`t care who you are - they want your URL to post their garbage to and to lure people from what has been, a legitimate web page. If an option for "friends & family" login was offered, I`d back that up in a second. Until then - yay bifocals for typing!
4/1/2007 1:42:06 PM
Blogging Etiquette?? I`m glad you raised this here. I had to ask the question on my home blog `cause there does seem to be some variance in the expectations. Blogger doesn`t have a method for responding, unless your commenter is on Blogger to, so unless someone leaves contact info with their comment, you`re stuck. I use both the "next post" and the "in my own comments" methods - especially to answer questions. I heartily agree with Benne - we all have lives outside the internet, so, I comment when I can and respond as best I can. I`ve heard Haloscan comments (an add-on feature) can help to manage better, but I don`t think my little blog is there yet!
Karin
http://pointeshoespunkrockandpurl.blogspot.com/
5/28/2007 10:56:02 AM
I need some sock pattern advice Hi Benne, you`ve already received a wealth of excellent advice. I did my Horcrux in fingering weight on 2.25`s, with the worsted - I would recommend swatching - small needles with that weight might make for cramped hands. You might find some needle / yarn suggestions by searching the Six Sox knitalong database at Yahoo!
Sending the sock force your way :)
Karin
6/19/2007 6:48:35 AM
Mystery Stole 3 Hi Cate, I did sign up - I didn`t realize just how popular this was `til I read further down in your post - that is a phenomenal amount of participants - thank goodness for "digest" style emails! I`ll likely use Zephyr or stashed Baby Silk. The Supra looks lovely but I don`t think would get here quickly enough.
6/19/2007 6:48:35 AM
Mystery Stole 3 Hi Cate, I did sign up - I didn`t realize just how popular this was `til I read further down in your post - that is a phenomenal amount of participants - thank goodness for "digest" style emails! I`ll likely use Zephyr or stashed Baby Silk. The Supra looks lovely but I don`t think would get here quickly enough.
7/7/2007 9:09:52 AM
Mystery Stole 3 Just popping in on my weekly blog-hop and it`s nice to see all the MS3 participants. I`m knitting mine in Lane Borgosesia merino laceweight in ecru, still waiting on my beads to arrive.
7/7/2007 9:09:52 AM
Mystery Stole 3 Just popping in on my weekly blog-hop and it`s nice to see all the MS3 participants. I`m knitting mine in Lane Borgosesia merino laceweight in ecru, still waiting on my beads to arrive.
7/13/2007 5:02:54 PM
CatBookMom is here! Hey you guys! That is so fantastic (you can`t see me waving from Ottawa - too much hot air) :). I hope you`ll have pictures to share and lots of good stories, have fun!
7/28/2007 4:16:31 PM
Shawl Overload Oh Grace, I can so-o-o relate to this, but in my case, it`s socks. I have bales of sock yarn and buckets of finished socks (that I don`t wear). I get the shakes if I DON`T have 2-3 pairs on the needles. Perhaps we could trade obsessions for a while? I have some lovely shawl patterns and laceweight growing old in my stash :).
8/3/2007 3:07:04 PM
I Knit A SKIRT! Looks just gorgeous on you! You HAVE been busy. Definitely do a camisole to match - two beautiful separates or a two-piece dress. I have to start knitting something other than socks, feeling very inspired :).
8/6/2007 8:52:49 AM
Yarn Substitutions For Shawls Would any of our group`s shawl experts know if there is a conversion chart available for using different yarn weights? For instance: if a pattern calls for 1200 yds laceweight - I could look at this chart and see how many yds sport or dk to substitute. Needle size is not as important, as that can vary with each knitter. Thanks!
8/7/2007 1:20:04 PM
Yarn Substitutions For Shawls Thanks Gals, I think I`ll do as Bets suggested and when I`m more comfortable with the size results, maybe then I`ll experiment.
11/2/2007 7:36:37 PM
Karen and CBM and others Hi Les,
Thank you! Someone on one of the forums I read mentioned they are very similar, and on looking at "Something Red" (I have it stashed away) there`s virtually no difference. Mr. G has the cables, Something has a bit of short-row shaping. Other than that, I couldn`t tell them apart. (The long sleeves on Mr. G. were a modification that I made).
12/2/2007 4:16:43 PM
My Gift List Grows Shorter :)... I seem to always have some Elann on the needles or waiting patiently.... Here, at last is my Sunray. I had good intentions of joining the "shawl along", but other yarny projects had to be done. This is worked in HW Bisque and was a super-quick, super-easy knit. Will be MIL`s Christmas gift.
12/4/2007 6:28:55 AM
Marie: your scarf Another winner Marie! I love the Capri Blue, and thank you for the review of the DK - I`ll have to give it a whirl.
4/29/2008 5:33:00 AM
Hey there Elannites Guilty! I almost never get here or to my friends blogs anymore. Part of that has been that my former blog time goes to Ravelry (and really that is just a big `ole Mothership blog, Borg, whatever). I love the organization of it, but it isn`t social, as blogs are or Elann, IMO. I have such little free time, that I`ve found it a chore to update Rav & my blog and get around to read - even though I enjoy it thoroughly when I do! I don`t know what to let go - by the time I`ve done the computer thing, it seems there`s little time to knit or design, and that`s really what it`s all about for me.
5/4/2008 8:01:37 AM
My Ravelry curiousity continues! Reviews seem to be mixed. I hear harumphing and snorting and I hear rave reviews. I love it. I do pay close attention to the opinions of yarn stores - I actually was able to salvage a terrible purchasing situation, thanks to a tip from an Elannite on Rav. I still am very loyal to the online stores that I always frequented (elann among the top), the proven track record & not so much price (surprise!) is very important to me. For myself, as a designer, I like the easy/safe interface for people who purchase from my Rav store - I think it gives a feeling of security to buyers who are savvy on Rav but less familiar with online purchasing.
5/18/2008 1:01:51 PM
Tyarnasaurus Bets! Great Job! I am killing myself laughing - imagining Bets acting this out for her DH
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18