Messages in this topic - RSS
6/26/2012 7:25:10 AM
duckbunni
duckbunni
Posts 67
Fibre Content: 55% Bamboo/ 24% Cotton/ 21% Elastic Nylon
Made In: Taiwan
Care: Hand Wash or Machine Wash, Gentle/ Dry Flat
Knit: 16-20 st/4 inches 5-6 mm (US 8-10)
Yardage: 83 m (90 yards)
Size: 50g (1.75 oz) ball
Price: US$2.28

A worsted weight blend of bamboo and cotton for super comfort, with elastic for superior shape retention!

Bamboozle Tunic with Texture Stitch is now available free for the printing on the elann.com website, while quantities of Bamboozle Solids and Bamboozle Prints remain, by generous permission of Crystal Palace Yarns!

Standard price for this yarn is US$6.60 - elann.com discounted price saves you as much as 65%!

Unblocked, Blocked and Ravelry.com yarn page link

Another strange yarn that didn’t knit like I expected it to. The elastic in this one is a quite evident if you look at the plies, yet isn’t that stretchy in the knitting. That, in itself, was a surprise. I have another yarn with elastic in it in my stash and I did not like swatching it at all. This one, to my surprise, wasn’t bad at all. While there are mostly comments on the splittiness of this yarn, I had no problems at all while knitting it, using bamboo straights, even though the bamboo needles actually have pretty sharp points on them. The one problem I did have was getting the needle reinserted after the frogging; had to pay close attention to get all the plies on. The few stitches that I missed, I was able to catch all the plies as I came to the stitch, so it was pretty easily corrected. You will just have to pay attention.

It was impossible to break this yarn. The cotton and bamboo are wrapped around the elastic, then the 5 plies are plied together. It’s not a tight twist and will definitely undo on any tails. You can see what I mean in the Unblocked photo in the upper righthand corner.

The fabric was nice, with good stitch definition and was soft before and after blocking. I couldn’t bring up a pill,much less even a fuzz halo. And I really put the elastic to the test, scrunching and pulling this thing out of shape. The elastic pulled it right back to shape. Mind you, it’s not like spandex, but will gently keep your garment in shape. I’m going to assume, as I didn’t do a hang test, that this will also help to keep the garment from sagging. I’d say, with the elastic, it’s a pretty safe assumption.

Frankly, I’ve always been a little hard-pressed to figure out what kind of knitting would need elastic in it, but I did keep thinking that this might make great baby pants. Yep, impending grandbaby on the brain. LOL!

Notes:
- US8 (5mm) pointy bamboo
- Unblocked gauge: 20s/4”, 7rpi
- Blocked gauge: 19.5s/4”, 7rpi (barely a change, but it’s there!)
- Can’t break
- Won’t pill
- Soft
- Will un-ply at any end (simple knot until weaving ends time)
- May be splitty (per comments)
- Elastic gives the hand a bit of stretch, but not too much
7/13/2012 2:15:44 PM
Kristi
Kristi
Posts 1
On the product page [url=]http://www.elann.com/commerce.web/product.aspx?catID=&id=128056 what do LA, LF and LG mean? It's in the drop-down box below the quantity box.
7/13/2012 5:30:08 PM
duckbunni
duckbunni
Posts 67
LA, LF and LG in the drop-down box below the quantity box are the different dye lots of the particular color.
pages: 1
HomeProduct ChatTues, 6/26 - Crystal Palace Bamboozle