Posts 67
Fibre Content: 50% Alpaca/ 50% Silk
Made In: Peru
Care: Hand Wash/ Dry Flat
Knit: 25 st/4 inches 3.0mm (US 2)
Yardage: 133 m (147 yards)
Size: 50g (1.75 oz) ball
Price: US$3.75

A sport weight with a perfect balance of soft as a cloud alpaca and lustrous silk!

Standard price for this yarn is US$10.95 - elann.com discounted price saves you as much as 65%!

Unblocked, Blocked & Ravelry page

Groundrules:

No pushing
No shoving
No cutting in line
Do not pass go and collect $200
Unruly buyers will need to go to the end of the line

OOOOoooohhhh! AAAAaaahhhhh! This is one to set up the camp chair and wait in line for. There were no problems with this one except it wanted to curl up in stockinette, which all yarns want to do to some extent. It knit like buttah, frogged well, couldn’t be broken, didn’t split. It did still want to curl some even after a good long soak, but I counteracted that by laying it wrong-side up to dry. I couldn’t even bring up a pill on it!

Lots of positive comments in project notes. And the one comment it has mentions dye staining. The color did run just a smidge, barely tinting the water blue, so beware of that if you’re planning to use this for color work. You might want to give it a pre-soak in some vinegar water prior to knitting it up if you plan on using dark and light colors together.

On the suggested needles, it’s a very nice tight fabric. I’d actually prefer using this on US4’s to get a bit more fluidity and drape. The alpaca fuzzes just the slightest bit, so if you’re sensitive to scratchy, don’t wear this against your skin, as it will tickle. You don’t notice the silk in this at all, as the alpaca gives it a nice, toothy feel, but you see it in the sheen of the end fabric. It would make a lovely shawl.

Notes:
- US2 (3mm - which is really a US2.5) bamboo
- Unblocked - 25s/3.5”, 8rpi
- Blocked - 25s/3.75”, 8.5rpi
- Frogged well
- Could not break
- Nice hand
- Tickly rather than scratchy
- Did not split
- Would work well on larger needle sizes (I did not hit gauge, so would have to go up a needle size anyway, for me)
- Showed minimal to no pilling tendency
pages: 1
HomeProduct ChatTues, 6/12 - Viking Alpaca Silk