7/12/2007 1:15:34 PM
omaw
omaw
Posts 270
Hi, Are any of you familiar with Aarlas yarns? I have a pattern book that has several great kids patterns some of which use 2 strands of different weight yarns which makes it difficult to find a gauge for each yarn so I can find a suitable substitute.
I checked with Yarndex and they dont list them. Any other place that I might be able to find gauge or perhaps someone has some of this yarn in stash?
Thanks!
7/12/2007 1:57:17 PM
Hello Omaw,

You might try a google search for information about this yarn. I found several sites that list Aarlan yarn but not Aarlas. I wonder if this was a typo.

Lorill
7/12/2007 2:03:04 PM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
It`s Swiss-

Try http://www.aarlan.ch
7/12/2007 4:45:43 PM
omaw
omaw
Posts 270
Thanks Lorill, Yes it was a typo it is Aarlan. I have googled and really couldn`t find what I was looking for. Most of the sites I found were old eBay ones and a few bloggers.
7/12/2007 8:11:35 PM
omaw
omaw
Posts 270
Thanks Bets,
Tried this site and they wouldn`t let me get into it.....thanks for trying though.
7/12/2007 8:45:23 PM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
Hi!

I was able to get into the site, but it wasn`t useful. The customer service address is
aarlan@tic.ch and you might try them to see if they are actually still in business. Good luck!
7/13/2007 5:24:53 AM
omaw
omaw
Posts 270
Thanks Bets,
Sent off an email so will see what happens.
10/30/2013 9:22:25 AM
zanol
zanol
Posts 1
omaw wrote:
Hi, Are any of you familiar with Aarlas yarns? I have a pattern book that has several great kids patterns some of which use 2 strands of different weight yarns which makes it difficult to find a gauge for each yarn so I can find a suitable substitute.
I checked with Yarndex and they dont list them. Any other place that I might be able to find gauge or perhaps someone has some of this yarn in stash?
Thanks!

If you are still looking after 6 yrs! Try etsy.com. I found an old stash of Aarlan Swalaine and located gauge there, plus more info
pages: 1
HomePrevious Website ChatAarlan substitute