us3catsbeading - all messages by user

3/25/2012 9:40:45 AM
Tues, 2/28 - D Bliss Donegal Luxury Tweed Chunky I got this yarn in the charcoal color, put up a couple in to balls, and it has a very strong smell that reminds me of petroleum distillates. Is this the dye or what? I was really looking forward to doing the coat on the cover of the Debbie Bliss magazine of a couple of winters ago. I don't know if I can work with it 'til the smell dissipates, and I'm wondering if I should wash it before I ball it up, or give up and return it.
3/26/2012 11:18:19 AM
Tues, 2/28 - D Bliss Donegal Luxury Tweed Chunky I took a sample this morning and washed it first in the Eucalon, it smelled even more wet, so I went with 75% white vinegar with cold water for about an hour soak. I rinsed it, and rolled it in a towel to partially dry. It's hanging in a window air drying now, but at last sniff, it hadn't improved enough for my nose. I'll check it after a few more hours of fresh air.
3/26/2012 2:33:24 PM
Tues, 2/28 - D Bliss Donegal Luxury Tweed Chunky It's in the mail, I shipped it priority. You should have it very soon. I'm really sorry to need to return it, but I couldn't get past the smell to work with it. I air dried it, and it didn't seem enough better to try to work with. It dried my hands as little as I really did touch it, and left a very dry feeling in my mouth when I had to breath the fumes from it. I do have a really strong sense of smell, so I may have smelled an ingredient that other people don't detect. I usually find that your yarn has absolutely no smell-which I love, and that's one of the many reasons I shop with you.
4/13/2012 11:22:22 AM
Tues 2/21 - Queensland Kathmandu Chunky Love this yarn! The teal is just beautiful!
pages: 1