maggie - all messages by user

4/11/2013 10:47:33 AM
Help w/pattern ... Hi Karen,

I took a look at the Wari pattern for you.

3rd Patt Row: K1, *(k2tog) 3 times, (yrn, k1) 6 times, (k2tog) 3 times rep from * to last st, k1.

You should end up with the correct number of stitches after doing this row. You'll notice you first take 3 sts away, make 6 sts and then take 3 sts away again. So for each stitch you make, you will also removing one.

Please let me know if this helps. You can also email me directly at maggie@elann.com and I would be happy to help.

All my best,
Maggie
4/11/2013 12:55:24 PM
Help w/pattern ... Hi Karen,

I plan on knitting this for myself at sometime in the future, so I thought I would grab my needles and give it a go. I cast on 64 sts which is half the number needed for the smallest size. Row 3 is knit over an 18 st repeat, so I should be able to repeat the pattern 3.5 times with the 1 stitch at the begining of the row. I was able to repeat the pattern a full 3 times with 9 sts leftover at the end which is correct.

May I ask how many stitches you have on your needles after casting on?

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

All my best,
Maggie
6/9/2013 9:06:11 AM
Joining Lara yarn I haven't used this method myself but perhaps it would be worth a try in your project.

Joining Non-Wool Yarns For Lace
http://www.eunnyjang.com/knit/2006/02/yeah.html

I hope this helps!
11/13/2013 2:23:58 PM
Adult Pinwheel Sweater The stitches that you set aside are half of the sleeve circumference, to create the other half, and to continue knitting the body, you cast on 30 sts using the provisional cast on, and work these sts with the rest of the body. Once your body is complete, you remove the provisional cast on, and work on both the 30 stitches that were set aside, and the 30 sts from your provisional cast on for a total of 60 sts for your sleeve.

I would recommend using a crochet hook in the same size, or one size larger than your knitting needle, and crocheting a chain that is 36 chains long. Turn the chain over, and pick up 30 sts from the small bumps in the back of the chain using your working yarn from the body of your sweater. Once you have picked up the 30 sts, continue working around the body with your working yarn. Repeat for the second armhole. When you are ready to release your provisional cast on, carefully unpick the chain, placing the stitches onto your needle.

You can see a photo tutorial for this technique at the following ehow link:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5947531_make-crochet-provisional-cast.html

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need additional help.

All my best,
Maggie
11/13/2013 2:25:29 PM
Baby pinwheel sweater The stitches that you set aside are half of the sleeve circumference, to create the other half, and to continue knitting the body, you cast on 30 sts using the provisional cast on, and work these sts with the rest of the body. Once your body is complete, you remove the provisional cast on, and work on both the 30 stitches that were set aside, and the 30 sts from your provisional cast on for a total of 60 sts for your sleeve.

I would recommend using a crochet hook in the same size, or one size larger than your knitting needle, and crocheting a chain that is 36 chains long. Turn the chain over, and pick up 18 sts from the small bumps in the back of the chain using your working yarn from the body of your sweater. Once you have picked up the 18 sts, continue working around the body with your working yarn. Repeat for the second armhole. When you are ready to release your provisional cast on, carefully unpick the chain, placing the stitches onto your needle.

You can see a photo tutorial for this technique at the following ehow link:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5947531_make-crochet-provisional-cast.html

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need additional help.

All my best,
Maggie
3/8/2014 10:43:48 AM
A-series DK 02 upcoming on 14 Jan Hi Bets,

First I would like to apologize for not responding to you sooner regarding the cost of our new A-Series DK02. This yarn is more expensive then what you may normally see with our elann.com yarns. It was produced by an Italian mill in business since 1663. With time being scare for most, this yarn is prefect for those small projects made in precious times of relaxation that cry out to be crafted in precious yarns. After knitting both the Hat and Mittens with a Bow, I can tell you this yarn is wonderful to work with.

All my best,
Maggie
3/8/2014 10:57:23 AM
Pinwheel sweaters Hi there, sorry for taking so long to reply to your question.

We have recently updated both the Adult and child Pinwheel sweater pattersn to try and make the instrucations for the sleeves easier to understand. Take a look at the wording now and let me know what you think.

https://www.elann.com/Commerce.Web/Product_freePatternsDetail.aspx?id=128782

Maggie
3/11/2014 8:14:28 AM
Mercerized wool Oh dear, I sincerely apologize for not responding to your question sooner.

In general, all yarns which are 100% wool, *not* superwash and *not* machine washable, can be felted. Since our A-Series W02 has been treated, it will not flet.

I hope this helps

All my best,
Maggie
3/11/2014 3:00:37 PM
Coin Lace Stole First , please accept my sincere apology for not responding sooner to your post.

Today, I grabbed a set of needles and knit up a bit of the Coin Lace Stole pattern to see if I could answer your question properly for you.

"So when you drop the stitch, it releases from the stitch beneath and do you let it fall in front of or behind the strand that you knit next? I have now started this stole 4 times and can't seem to get it right. Help is appreciated."

Once you drop the stitch, make sure the loop lets go, and pick up the bar that is left. You will then knit this as a stitch. Making sure you knit into the back of the stitch just before an after the dropped stitch.

If you have any additional questions, please email me at custoemrservice@elann.com.

All my best,
Maggie
5/7/2014 9:39:41 AM
Now Voyager Hi,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your question. I took a look at the Voyager Stole pattern for you. While this is a challenging pattern, once you have it set you should be good to go. I would recommend knitting a good size swatch first to practise. You can also use markers between each set of pattern repeats, so you don’t lose your way.

The pattern says that from one * to the next, is one pattern repeat. Depending on the size you are knitting will mean how many repeats of each pattern you will make. So if you are knitting the largest size (7 repeats), row 2 will look like this.

Row 2 - Sl1, k4, k2tog, p2, k3, p2, k4, k2tog, p2, k3, p2, k4, k2tog, p2, k3, p2, k4, k2tog, p2, k3, p2, k4, k2tog, p2, k3, p2, k4, k2tog, p2, k3, p2, k4, k2tog, p2, k3, p2, end with k1.

You should have 97 sts at the end of this row.

Let me know if this helps. You can also email me directly at customerservice@elann.com

All my best,
Maggie
6/3/2014 2:43:14 PM
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - Please Help! Thank´s Hello Kathrin,

Sorry for my delay in responding to your question regarding the Twinkle Twinkle Little Star pattern, i was away from the office for a few weeks.

At the end of Row 13 you are going to knit the last edging st together with the shawl st. This will be continued for rows 15, 17, 19 and then on row 21 you slip the last 2 sts of the edging to right-hand needle, knit the st on the shawl, pass over the slipped sts.

For rows 3, 5, 7, and 9 you repeat the same as row 13 for joining the edging. Row 1 - knit the last 2 sts of the edging together with the 1st on the shawl; knit 3 sts together. Row 9 - Knit the last edging st together with shawl st, and knit 1 st into next st on shawl - 14 sts.

If you have any further questions, you can email me directly at customerservice@elann.com.

All my best,
Maggie
pages: 1 2 3