maggie - all messages by user

8/12/2010 11:43:27 AM
Project - Lace Capelet maggie has just posted an new project picture here: http://www.elann.com/Commerce.web/forums/ProjectDetail.aspx?id=126038 - check it out!
8/16/2010 8:37:04 AM
Waxing Poetic on Limited Edition Naples I'm also thinking something in blue might be nice with the Naples, but then Petra and Angela always tell me I go for the blues. At the moment I'm finishing up a cardigan for my sister in our Donegal from Vogue Fall 08 (started it in March). I also just finished the tunic Opal, from Louisa Harding Bijoux for one of my daughters. What next who knows, I have a cedar chest full of elann yarns and I may just close my eyes and grab!!
8/17/2010 12:52:04 PM
Sublime Soya Cotton Savannah Pattern Hi,

Petra and I have looked at the pattern for Savannah knit in the Sublime Soya Cotton. Petra measured me in both ways so we could see which measurement would be the best one to by. We believe you should go with your bust measurement for this pattern.
This would mean 9 balls of the Sublime Soya Cotton.
Best regards,
Maggie
9/9/2010 9:55:04 AM
Help with rambling leaves shawl Hi,

I am more then happy to help you with the pattern for the Rambling Leaves Shawl. Could you tell me where in the pattern you are having problems and I can look it over for you?

Thanks,
Maggie
9/10/2010 1:19:45 PM
Help with rambling leaves shawl Hi,

Please accept my apology for the delay in responding to your post here on our Chat Center. To be able to answer your questions, we will need take a much closer look at the Rambling Leaves pattern for you over the weekend. We do hope this won't cause too much inconvenience for you.

Best regards,
Maggie
9/22/2010 10:34:04 AM
Help with rambling leaves shawl Hello,

I do apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help with the Rambliing Leaves shawl. We don't want you to think we have forgotten you, but it is taking a little longer then we thought to resolve this for you. I ask for your continued patience as we work on this pattern for you.

Best regards,
Maggie
9/23/2010 4:12:46 PM
bamboo fusion yarn I have about one and a half balls you can have, my dye lot though is 255998.
10/5/2010 3:16:07 PM
Help with rambling leaves shawl Hello Terrorcat,

Ann and I have gone over all your questions together for the Rambling Leaves Shawl. So here goes...

1. You are correct, the 4 sections of this pattern are worked in a row.
2. The shawl is straight across the top with the bottom being a half circle.

You mentioned that you have pulled it out a few times thinking you were doing it wrong. We have carefully checked and rechecked the chart serveral times and we can assure you it is correct. While it is hard to see how it is going to turn out in the end just take a deep breath, believe in yourself and follow the chart.

Good luck and please let us know if you need any further help.

All the best,
Maggie
10/15/2010 5:17:03 PM
HELP with men patter from Katia 55 the irish tweed I just wanted to let you know that I am still looking at the pattern for the
Irish Tweed Cardigan. I am here all day tomorrow and it being a Saturday it
could be quite quiet. I will have a better chance to try and figure out if
there is a problem with the collar for you.
3/9/2011 1:59:51 PM
elan sonata Hello,

Our Sonata is a DK weight or 8 ply yarn and has a gauge of 22 st/4 inches 4.0 mm (US 6). Each ball contains 106 m or115 yards per 50g ball.

All the best,
Maggie
3/11/2011 2:58:51 PM
Just to say Thank You! Hello,

We would like to thank you for your very kind post in our Chat Center. We are happy to hear that your order arrived on time and in good condition.

Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in the future.

All the best,
Maggie
edited by petra@elann on 3/17/2011
3/25/2011 12:59:28 PM
Tahki Nova Thanks so much for your very kind words.

I'm happy to report that I can provide all the information you're looking for. I will send you an email listing the colors and dye lots from your order. As well, this information can be seen in your order history when you log in and click "Your Account" at the top right of our website header.

All the best,
Maggie
3/31/2011 11:52:29 AM
Shui Kuen Kozinski Designs Contest! Hello,

We would be pleased to accept your entry using our Silken Kydd in #03 Pewter. While this color isn't in stock at the moment, the yarn is, and therefore is eligible for the contest. For those who are curious, we are expecting a new shipment of Silken Kydd, although we're not certain exactly when it will arrive.

Good luck,
Maggie
edited by petra@elann on 3/31/2011
4/15/2011 10:21:55 AM
Help with S. Charles Collezione Sahara Marilyn Top Hello Doris,

We have had a few questions about this part of the Marilyn pattern recently. Petra and I charted it out and believe it may work if you try following below:

Follow pattern for first 2 rows
Row 3: work 30st, W&T on 31st st.
Row 4: work to end
Row 5: work to 28st st, W&T on 29th st.
Row 6 Rep row 2
Row 7: work to 26th st, W&T on 27th st
Row 8: Rep row 2
Row 9: work to 23rd st,  W&T on 24th st

Continue on the odd numbered rows following the set pattern.

Please let me know if this works for you.

All the best,
Maggie
edited by maggie-861029 on 4/15/2011
edited by maggie-861029 on 4/15/2011
4/16/2011 8:02:23 AM
Help with S. Charles Collezione Sahara Marilyn Top Hi Doris,

"I don't understand your 3rd row (work 30 st, W+T on 31st stitch), because in the first row I have to W+T on 30th stitch."

You will knit to the 30th stitch and take the next "live" stitch from your left hand needle to wrap and turn. After completing the 28 rows you should end up with 4 stitches left on your needle.

Please let me know if this works for you.

All the best,
Maggie
4/19/2011 12:41:31 PM
Grafting - Kitchener Stitch Hello Donna,

Thanks for your question regarding "grafting" with the Esprit Chemo Turban.

The pattern asks you to maintain rib pattern in grafting by treating each set of knit and purl stitches in the ribbing as a separate unit. i.e. purl stitches should always face purl stitches on inside, with knit stitches facing outward, toward you on the front needle and facing away from you on the back needle, ready to graft. When you turn the work inside out, after finishing each 4-stitch section of K stitches, the back needle will now be the front needle, and you already have yarn pulled through the first stitch on that needle.

You may find that the link we made available with the pattern may be useful for you. It's my interpretation that you should then go directly to Step 3 at this point, and follow along from there.

http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer04/FEATtheresasum04.html

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

All the best,
Maggie
5/30/2011 2:10:02 PM
Liquid Silver Shawl again Hi Maureen,

From your post I believe you are looking at the first row of the pattern. It asks you to knit the first 7 stitches and then do the 24 stitch repeat 3 times. You will notice that "4" is a repeat of the first 4 stitches you knit in the 24 repeats. Without doing these 4 stiches again the pattern would not line up as it should.
Please let me know if this helps or if I may be of further assistance.

All the best,
Maggie
5/31/2011 12:11:46 PM
Liquid Silver Shawl again Hi Maureen,

I'm happy I was able to help. One suggestion I have for you is to make sure you print the chart out in color. There are two types of squares that appear shaded in a greyscale printout of the chart for the Liquid Silver Shawl. The squares on the left and right sides of the patterns do not indicate a worked stitch, they represent the fluidity of the increases and decreases within the pattern. Shaded squares appearing in the chart, for instance in the second row, seventh square from the right, indicate bead placement. When printed in color, these squares would appear red.

Good luck!
Maggie
6/2/2011 10:24:17 AM
PI Topper Chemo Cap Hi Ken,

Thanks for letting us know you are having problems with the PI Topper Chemo Cap pattern.

Once the top of your PI Topper cap is the size you wish it to be, you will cast on 13 stitches to begin the band that circles the cap. You will then knit 12 of these stitches, then knit the 13th stitch with the next stitch on the circular needle, and then knit 2 stitches together from the circular needle. This will use up 3 live stitches from the circular needle.

When you turn the work and knit back, there will be 14 stitches on the needle. You will then repeat row 1 and 2 until all the live stitches from the crown of the hat are knit into the band you are making.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

All the best,
Maggie
6/3/2011 9:49:01 AM
PI Topper Chemo Cap Hi Cindi,

I'm happy to hear the pattern is working for you now.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

All the best,
Maggie
pages: 1 2 3