slfweather - all messages by user

9/10/2006 9:20:02 AM
to AMY QOY Hi, I love your branching out scarf, Amy. I did a search to see what yarn you used..and can`t find it. (Alchemy Bamboo, right?) I am wanting to try a lace weight (or equivalent) project using one skein (as it is my first and I dont want to be daunted if I have too much lace yarn and dont feel I am skilled enough to continue on it. The pattern you used in Knitty is BEAUTIFUL. I hope to find it and see if I am game to try it.

Suzie in BC
9/10/2006 9:22:47 AM
Amy QOY mitred throw Amy, Do you have a blog? I am very curious to see your work. You have rave reviews galore!

Thank you so much. Suzie in BC
9/10/2006 11:58:13 AM
Selfish or selfless knitter? I read your comment with interest and compassion at the loss of your hard work. I read somewhere that the best people to give knitted projects are usually knitters themselves. I would say that is probably true, as I have noticed when I "show off" my work, I dont seem to get much response from non-knitters. They dont appreciate the effort and skill that goes into knitting.

My two cents worth. Would you say thats true?
Suzie in BC
9/10/2006 12:02:17 PM
to AMY QOY Never mind sending info on Alchemy Bamboo. I was slow to think about doing a google search on it. Found it! I hope to get your knitting blog site, if you have one. Happy Knitting.
Suzie in BC
9/10/2006 1:13:43 PM
Blog Sites from folks in and around Vancouver, BC Hi everyone,
I am a new member who just used up the majority of my stash and am now building a new one. Today I subscribed to the monthly yarn sample club. I can`t wait to get the first package in the mail. =)

I am inspired by the photos and messages on the site and have across "mention" of blogsites. I would enjoy links to them so if you could pass them my way I would be very happy to have them. I have a (non-knitting)blogsite which I need to update, and am thinking of adding a knitblog - I do have a pic (see link below) of my first knitted socks done while I was recovering from surgery on my head. I am about to try the circular method of knitting a sock. I am eager to hear from you! Happy Knitting
Suzie in Delta, BC
http://withinearshotbc.blogspot.com/
9/10/2006 1:33:22 PM
Blog Sites from folks in and around Vancouver, BC Hi Jayne! Thanks so much. I did recognize your pic`s submitted to Elann in your site. Your blog is delightful. Nice to meet you!
Suzie
9/10/2006 2:14:53 PM
Blog Sites from folks in and around Vancouver, BC *smiling sheepishly* I thought I might sound a bit `prejudiced.` However its very nice to meet you, Blogless Billie. I was born in Camrose, Alberta =)
I`m happy to show you what I did with my stash. I put it into a bag. Now to figure out how to attach a pic... I`ll get to that momentarily. Thanks for your interest.

Suzie
9/10/2006 3:03:58 PM
Blog Sites from folks in and around Vancouver, BC Thanks so much, CatBookMom for your site. Blogging is F-U-N. I see you are thinking of selling your turbo needles. What size do you have? Free to write at slfweather@yahoo.com if they are still for sale. Cheers.
Suzie
9/10/2006 3:18:49 PM
Blog Sites from folks in and around Vancouver, BC Thank you for sending me your blog! It is soo fun to read. Your garden is beautiful, your knitting fabulous. Suzie
9/10/2006 3:32:45 PM
Suzy -- the SSI address Thank you very much, Jayne. Will look it up. I just became familar with the Chat Center, and have only looked back on it 5 days. =)
Suzie
9/10/2006 4:06:12 PM
Alice on Saltspring Island Hi Alice,
I have been minimizing my stash, and have some skeins I wouldn`t know what to do with. Are you still interested in getting more yarn, all a mix of stuff. Let me know.

Suzie
slweather at yahoo Dot com
9/11/2006 5:56:33 PM
a new Knitty Issue?? Hello from a newbie to Elann. I`m Suzie in Delta, BC and am wondering how is it you can get a Knitty issue? I have the site in my favorite places but I dont seem to get any updates. All I get is a page with a pattern located in Knitty.com that I used to make a tote using Nepalese Recycled Silk yarn. (My collegue brought it back for me. Grin).

I am enjoying this site very much and look forward to my first envelope of yarn samples! October doesn`t come soon enough. I worked this summer to get my stash down and though that feels like an accomplishment, I was in for a surprise. I actually feel empty without my stash.

See you later! Suzie
9/11/2006 6:37:38 PM
Blog Sites from folks in and around Vancouver, BC What a welcoming thought! Thank you so much for the invite. I will keep this in mind. Sounds great..<jotting in calendar>

Suzie
Delta
9/11/2006 6:44:33 PM
a new Knitty Issue?? Thanks so much guys. Makes sense to me.

Suzie
9/12/2006 7:53:01 AM
Blogging Photo Help PLEASE Hi all< I was wondering the same thing. Tried posting my big tote using the near-end of my stash. It said it was accepted. Another pic was not as the file was too big. underestandable - just wish i knew how to shrink it - not in the washing machine! lol.
9/12/2006 7:06:41 PM
Sonata cardi DONE!!! You guys! Whats this excitement all about?? I am dyyying to get my yarn samples. For a couple of weeks I`ve been sooo tempted to get the Sonata varigated yarn (I love the free pattern that comes with it). But guys, whats this Sonata Cardi??? I`ve got to see it!!

suzie in BC
9/12/2006 7:07:48 PM
Mister Joe, and other odd names for yarn... Mister Joe yarn is worth getting, is it? mmmm.. Now I cant decide on the color. Whats everyone thinking of making with it?
Suzie in BC
9/12/2006 7:28:04 PM
Blogging Photo Help PLEASE Thanks so much you guys... I`m now starting my blog - its under http://withinearshot.blogspot.com - Go to My profile and scroll to bottom. Click on Knit n Listen.

Give me time to get going. thanks for all your help Everyone! Suzie
9/12/2006 8:26:31 PM
Suzy -- Free patterns Thanks Jayne,

Is there a popular yarn that people seem to really enjoy working with. Probably a far fetched question.

I`ve got my knitting pics in flicker. Now Im trying to figure out how to get it into blogger!

Suzie
9/12/2006 8:51:11 PM
Cuzco sneak peeks are up! "PLB"

a newbie here who already tried to find Cuzco. =P
Suzie
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18