Mariah - all messages by user

6/5/2007 9:59:53 AM
Camila Flower Petal Shawl question When I showed the new newsletter and my samples to my mother, we both really liked the Camila and the flower petal shawl so I want to order the yarn to make it. However, on the pattern it says I need 6 balls but on the order page it says 7. Which should it be? I already have the sample to swatch albeit in a different color.
6/5/2007 4:43:21 PM
Camila Flower Petal Shawl question Thank you for the answer. I ordered the 6 skeins today but I also ordered a shade card for Sierra Aran. When I put in my order for the Aran sometime next week, I will remember to add an extra skein of the Camila to my cart.
6/16/2007 11:30:22 AM
Highland Silk color/lot question Before you order it, maybe you should try putting a post about in the swap center. If no one responses, then you could order what you will need.
7/9/2007 12:36:43 PM
FLOWER PETAL SHAWL I am helping my mom make this shawl in Camila (she`s knitting it, I help fix her mistakes.) Looking back over her instructions, this is what is happening.

First, you cast on 9 stitches.
First row, you really finish with fourteen stitches, so you are only increasing the five middle stitches for the ten stitch total listed on the pattern.
Second row, wrong side row, knit the first two stitches, purl the next ten stitches, knit the last two stitches (10 stitches, but really 14 with the garter stitch border)
Third row, you really need to knit 4 stitches then pm, knit 2, pm, knit 2, pm, knit 2, pm, knit 4 (10 stitches, but really 14 total due to the garter stitch border).

I hope this helps, if not, I will be back about 9:30 PM EDT.
flower petal shawl I am helping my mom make this shawl in Camila (she`s knitting it, I help fix her mistakes.) Looking back over her instructions, this is what is happening.

First row, you really finish with fourteen stitches, so you are only increasing the five middle stitches for the ten stitch total listed on the pattern.
Second row, wrong side row, knit the first two stitches, purl the next ten stitches, knit the last two stitches (10 stitches, but really 14 with the garter stitch border)
Third row, you really need to knit 4 stitches then pm, knit 2, pm, knit 2, pm, knit 2, pm, knit 4 (10 stitches, but really 14 total due to the garter stitch border).

Flower Petal Shawl I am helping my mom make this shawl in Camila (she`s knitting it, I help fix her mistakes.) Looking back over her instructions, this is what is happening.

Flower Petal Shawl I am helping my mom make this shawl in Camila (she`s knitting it, I help fix her mistakes.) Looking back over her instructions, this is what is happening.

12/14/2007 6:12:51 PM
pattern help needed Someone with more experience then me may come along and correct me but I think this is what you have to do.

Cast off one stitch, yfwd (which I heard was an older way of saying yarn over) So now you have two loops on the right needle. Pass the stitch over the yarn over. Cast off another stitch, yarn over, pass stitch over. Then you pick up and knit into the stitch below (two stitches back on the right needle). Cast off a stitch, 1 stitch on the right needle. Repeat from the beginning.
Pattern help needed Someone with more experience then me may come along and correct me but I think this is what you have to do.

Cast off one stitch, yfwd (which I heard was an older way of saying yarn over) So now you have two loops on the right needle. Pass the stitch over the yarn over. Cast off another stitch, yarn over, pass stitch over. Then you pick up and knit into the stitch below (two stitches back on the right needle). Cast off a stitch, 1 stitch on the right needle. Repeat from the beginning.
Pattern help needed Someone with more experience then me may come along and correct me but I think this is what you have to do.

5/9/2011 3:57:22 PM
more help with coin lace stole In this pattern what you are supposed to do is push the labeled dropped stitches off of the left needle without doing anything else to the stitch to put it on the right needle. Then you take that strand of the yarn and gently tug it free so that it is separated from the strand below it.

You can also do what I am doing but is going to take me some time and patience later. I did this when I made my Clapotis too. What I did was knit/purl the stitch that was supposed to be dropped until the row before I would purl it together with the edge stitch. That is when I would first let it slide off of my needle and then gently tug it free and knit it. I am knitting it in the Baby Cashmere, which has enough "fuzziness" so that it does not drop free all the way down to the bottom without some intervention (I can tug it apart and it mostly unravels but sometimes some of the fuzziness effects it). I like this so I do not have to worry about it snagging on anything in my bag and it keeps it narrower.

Hope this helps
Mariah
pages: 1