suzeeq - all messages by user

6/24/2007 1:52:30 PM
Pinwheel Sweater They`ve changed the instructions. Originally, the directions were to knit the sleeve stitches with waste yarn, put them back on the left needle and knit the waste yarn stitches with the sweater yarn. Then when you`re ready for the sleeves, unpick the waste yarn and put the stitches on your needles. The waste yarn takes the place of both stitch holder and provisional cast on. I found those instructions much easier than what`s in the current version of the pattern. sue
Pinwheel Sweater They`ve changed the instructions. Originally, the directions were to knit the sleeve stitches with waste yarn, put them back on the left needle and knit the waste yarn stitches with the sweater yarn. Then when you`re ready for the sleeves, unpick the waste yarn and put the stitches on your needles. The waste yarn takes the place of both stitch holder and provisional cast on. I found those instructions much easier than what`s in the current version of the pattern. sue
pinwheel sweater They`ve changed the instructions. Originally, the directions were to knit the sleeve stitches with waste yarn, put them back on the left needle and knit the waste yarn stitches with the sweater yarn. Then when you`re ready for the sleeves, unpick the waste yarn and put the stitches on your needles. The waste yarn takes the place of both stitch holder and provisional cast on. I found those instructions much easier than what`s in the current version of the pattern. sue
Pinwheel sweater They`ve changed the instructions. Originally, the directions were to knit the sleeve stitches with waste yarn, put them back on the left needle and knit the waste yarn stitches with the sweater yarn. Then when you`re ready for the sleeves, unpick the waste yarn and put the stitches on your needles. The waste yarn takes the place of both stitch holder and provisional cast on. I found those instructions much easier than what`s in the current version of the pattern. sue
pinwheel sweater They`ve changed the instructions. Originally, the directions were to knit the sleeve stitches with waste yarn, put them back on the left needle and knit the waste yarn stitches with the sweater yarn. Then when you`re ready for the sleeves, unpick the waste yarn and put the stitches on your needles. The waste yarn takes the place of both stitch holder and provisional cast on. I found those instructions much easier than what`s in the current version of the pattern. sue
6/30/2007 12:37:12 PM
Sore Neck & Shoulders Rather than go to a doctor, get a massage! It can even be a 10 minute chair massage in the mall or wherever, but that will help loosen up your tight neck and shoulders to start with. Then learn some stretching exercises, or try to do some yoga to keep from getting as tight again.

sue
6/30/2007 12:41:13 PM
Another pinwheel sweater question The waste yarn is only for the provisional cast on. The original instructions called for knitting with the waste yarn, then slipping those stitches back on to the left needle and knitting again, but with the sweater yarn. I find that`s much easier to do than these new instructions, plus the waste yarn is both a stitch holder and provisional CO.
The provisional stitches are not an addition to the 40 stitches, they just take the place of the ones you put on a stitch holder. So there will still be the same number of stitches in all the sections.

sue
7/1/2007 8:47:28 PM
Another pinwheel sweater question "So I cast on the provisional stitches with the waste yarn and then knit across those stitches with the working yarn and then continue on my merry way?"

I`m not sure that`s how it`s written now. It looks like you do the provisional CO, then go on to the stitches in the next section.

"Do I continue to increases where the provisional cast on is?"

The provisional CO becomes just another row. On the next increase row you increase in the same way you`ve been doing before.
7/2/2007 9:16:18 PM
Another pinwheel sweater question I think renocat`s making the child`s sweater. So for `40` stitches, and `80` total for the arm opening, it should be 18 and 36.

sue
7/2/2007 9:17:38 PM
Another pinwheel sweater question Oh dear, please ignore me. I got her confused with another person who`s making the child`s sweater...
7/6/2007 9:12:35 PM
Comfort Shawl question Probably to make a looser, light shawl. I knit with larger needles all the time - 10.5s, or 7mms - where the pattern may call for 8s. I don`t like dense knits and going up a couple sizes doesn`t make it as loose as you might think.

sue
7/6/2007 9:12:35 PM
Comfort Shawl question Probably to make a looser, light shawl. I knit with larger needles all the time - 10.5s, or 7mms - where the pattern may call for 8s. I don`t like dense knits and going up a couple sizes doesn`t make it as loose as you might think.

sue
7/20/2007 7:22:15 AM
`nother pinwheel question Sure, try it and find out how it seems to you.

sue
8/5/2007 11:25:04 AM
Lara Pinwheel Sweater They`ve updated the instructions for the armholes. I like th old version better: using scrap yarn, knit over the stitches for the armhole, slip them back onto the left needle, and knit them again with the sweater yarn. This makes both a stitch holder and a provisional caston and you then take out the waste yarn and pick up the stitches to do the sleeves.

sue
Lara Pinwheel sweater They`ve updated the instructions for the armholes. I like th old version better: using scrap yarn, knit over the stitches for the armhole, slip them back onto the left needle, and knit them again with the sweater yarn. This makes both a stitch holder and a provisional caston and you then take out the waste yarn and pick up the stitches to do the sleeves.

sue
Lara Pinwheel Sweater They`ve updated the instructions for the armholes. I like th old version better: using scrap yarn, knit over the stitches for the armhole, slip them back onto the left needle, and knit them again with the sweater yarn. This makes both a stitch holder and a provisional caston and you then take out the waste yarn and pick up the stitches to do the sleeves.

sue
9/1/2007 8:46:33 PM
new MagKnits is up The cardigan could be made more `wearable` by knitting the yoke further up and decreasing more to make a smaller neckline.

sue
9/1/2007 8:46:33 PM
New Magknits is up The cardigan could be made more `wearable` by knitting the yoke further up and decreasing more to make a smaller neckline.

sue
9/3/2007 12:43:57 PM
The “Betsy Ending” BO? In this pattern - http://elann.com/ShowFreePattern.asp?Id=239024 - the last instructions read: "Finish using a few rows of k1, p1 rib (or any flat stitch) or the “Betsy Ending” (which is k1-yo-k1 into each stitch)"

Okay, so you k, yo, k in each stitch... how do you bind them off? Does it create a sort of picot edging?

sue
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6