Jamie - all messages by user

12/28/2002 9:32:13 AM
gauge Hello, You might try a #11 needle if you want to get more stitches per inch. I use a lot of White Buffafo but I separate the six strands to 3 strands and knit lopi weight items - 3 to 3 1/2 sts/inch on #10 needles.
Good luck. Jamie
gauge Hello, You might try a #11 needle if you want to get more stitches per inch. I use a lot of White Buffafo but I separate the six strands to 3 strands and knit lopi weight items - 3 to 3 1/2 sts/inch on #10 needles.
Good luck. Jamie
Good luck. Jamie
Good luck. Jamie
12/28/2002 9:37:57 AM
washing cotton sweaters I do put my cotton sweater (a fox fibre which I purchased) in a lingerie bag and dry until almost dry, then I lay flat. It turns out really well. After years and years of wearing, this sweater is wearing out in the neckline stitches and I`m very sad. Jamie
12/29/2002 9:03:44 PM
gauge Hello again, If you haven`t used White Buffalo yarn before you want to treat it very gently. It tears apart easily, not too much so with six strands. I love the stuff. Have fun! JAMIE
gauge Hello again, If you haven`t used White Buffalo yarn before you want to treat it very gently. It tears apart easily, not too much so with six strands. I love the stuff. Have fun! JAMIE
1/3/2003 9:28:06 AM
Feathery Yarn Hi! I think this yarn is sometimes listed as "eyelash" yarn but it is sold by various companies with different names. I`ve used a lion brand and also a yarn called "firenze" from plymouth yarns. Jamie
1/3/2003 9:01:48 PM
gauge Hi Judy, White Buffalo yarn (now Siwash) is six strands of unspun roving. Roving is carded fleece that is ready for spinning, but it can be used to knit with it you are very gentle. It becomes quite strong in a knitted fabric. The roving before knitting (or spinning) can be pulled apart easily. I divide (very gently) the six strands into three and sometimes 2 strands and use it like Icelandic lopi. Most yarns have been spun, some more tightly than others. White Buffalo is warm because all the fibers are more or less loose, and can trap the warmth better than a tightly spun yarn. Try it sometime! JAMIE
gauge Hi Judy, White Buffalo yarn (now Siwash) is six strands of unspun roving. Roving is carded fleece that is ready for spinning, but it can be used to knit with it you are very gentle. It becomes quite strong in a knitted fabric. The roving before knitting (or spinning) can be pulled apart easily. I divide (very gently) the six strands into three and sometimes 2 strands and use it like Icelandic lopi. Most yarns have been spun, some more tightly than others. White Buffalo is warm because all the fibers are more or less loose, and can trap the warmth better than a tightly spun yarn. Try it sometime! JAMIE
1/13/2003 10:12:31 AM
Yarn Swap Party This is for a closed sale (just for group members): each person brings what they want to sell, labelled and in plastic bags, with a price. Members to around and choose what they want. It can be a bit of a free-for-all but fun and a good way to pass on some of your stash.
1/20/2003 10:20:15 AM
White Buffalo Unspun White Buffalo is a yarn made of 6 strands of pencil roving. Roving is carded fleece ready for spinning, but it can be knitted (very gently with 2 strands, but stronger with 3-6 strands), and in the knitting process the strands are turned some and gain strength as they become a knitted fabric. If you make a mistake you can undo it as you would a spun yarn. White Buffalo should be treated gently as it will tear apart more easily than spun yarn. Being unspun fiber, it creates a knitted fabric that is very warm because so many fibers are "loose" and catch the warmth better than a highly spun yarn. It wears very well in a sweater, or hats and mittens. Hope this helps. JAMIE
1/20/2003 10:20:15 AM
white buffalo unspun White Buffalo is a yarn made of 6 strands of pencil roving. Roving is carded fleece ready for spinning, but it can be knitted (very gently with 2 strands, but stronger with 3-6 strands), and in the knitting process the strands are turned some and gain strength as they become a knitted fabric. If you make a mistake you can undo it as you would a spun yarn. White Buffalo should be treated gently as it will tear apart more easily than spun yarn. Being unspun fiber, it creates a knitted fabric that is very warm because so many fibers are "loose" and catch the warmth better than a highly spun yarn. It wears very well in a sweater, or hats and mittens. Hope this helps. JAMIE
1/20/2003 8:12:34 PM
White Buffalo Unspun Virginia, Don`t let my hints on handling scare you away from White Buffalo. It is really easy to knit with, but is not as strong as other yarns in its un-knit state. After knitting it is a lot like other yarns, especially Icelandic lopi. JAMIE
1/20/2003 8:12:34 PM
white buffalo unspun Virginia, Don`t let my hints on handling scare you away from White Buffalo. It is really easy to knit with, but is not as strong as other yarns in its un-knit state. After knitting it is a lot like other yarns, especially Icelandic lopi. JAMIE
1/21/2003 11:56:12 AM
shaping the sweater back Hi! You will decrease at the beginning of the next row, the purl row. Decreases are almost done at the beginning of a row. Good luck. JAMIE
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25... Last