acb - all messages by user

3/23/2004 9:08:40 AM
Arm Warmers The new Spring/Summer 2004 issue of Vogue Knitting has these - design #15, page 62.
3/25/2004 6:31:22 AM
Baby knits If you like the colors lemon and seafoam, I`d highly recommend the Norwegian Sport Wool on this website. It`s actually beautifully soft superwash baby wool that we were able to purchase because it did not meet the fingering weight gauge specifications of its mill (instead of knitting 28 st/4", it knits 26 st/4").
3/25/2004 6:31:22 AM
baby knits If you like the colors lemon and seafoam, I`d highly recommend the Norwegian Sport Wool on this website. It`s actually beautifully soft superwash baby wool that we were able to purchase because it did not meet the fingering weight gauge specifications of its mill (instead of knitting 28 st/4", it knits 26 st/4").
3/25/2004 3:04:45 PM
Pattern Explanation Hi Julie,
The pattern reads:
Basic patt: Number of sts multiple of 5 + 2 + edge sts.
First row and all return rows: edge st, K1, *, K2, P1, K2, rep from *, end with K1, edge st. On right side rows work sts as set.

It`s really just a simple rib pattern. "As set" means "as the stitches appear", and "return rows" is another way of saying "every right side row". Here`s my translation, which I hope will ease your frustration:

Right side: k1 (edge) *k2, P1, K2*, rep from * to last stitch, K1 (edge)
Wrong side: Work sts as set (as they appear - i.e. maintain rib as you see it)
Right side: k1 (edge) *k2, P1, K2*, rep from * to last stitch, K1 (edge)
3/26/2004 9:16:21 AM
I got my needles! I got my needles! That message pops up to combine any 2 orders placed on the same calendar day. I say any 2, because if you were to place a 3rd order, the programming would not merge it with the first two - instead, it looks for and offers to merge orders 3 and 4 of the same calendar day.

Robert, who oversees order processing, will be emailing you directly about your orders, Corinna. As I`m sure you can imagine, yesterday was a very hectic day, because of the discrepancy between the yardage on the Araucania Nature Cotton labels and its actual yardage, but all will get sorted out today.
3/28/2004 8:22:01 AM
"My Valuable Yarn Guide" Elann does have a mini on-line version of this idea, covering many yarns of the last 10 years. If you haven`t noticed it before, you`ll find it if you click "Info/Help", and then "Yarn Info Finder". We`ve made it so that if you hold your mouse over a listing, you`ll see gauge and yardage information, and if you need to see the info for more than a few seconds, you can click on the yarn name, and a pop-up window will appear.

I have an old book called "The Universal Yarn Finder" by Maggie Righetti, Prentice Hall, 1983 and 1987. Unfortunately, most of the yarns in it are so long gone, that I no longer find it very useful. As far as I know, there is no contemporary equivalent in print.
3/28/2004 8:24:07 AM
Neckdown shape tee shirt leaflet 233 Carol, this pattern should be back in stock here by next week.
3/29/2004 7:05:47 PM
Araucania Nature Cotton - yardage issues Hi Ell, Yes, you should be just fine with the amounts specified in the free pattern, as Diamond has assured me that their knitter knit the sample sweater from the same batch of Araucania cotton as ours - i.e. with skeins of exactly the same yardage, and she has specified quantities in hanks, not yardage.
3/30/2004 6:20:25 AM
The Vega`s here! Hi Bets, I`ll make the pattern show again until you`ve had a chance to print it. As soon as a yarn sells out, I do need to take its free pattern down, lest the link to its yarn be a dead one! Please just let me know when you`ve printed it, so I can take it down again.
4/1/2004 8:09:08 AM
Reply to: Ann, Les, Benne, Marion, MacChick, and Sandra D Thank you for sharing such beautiful thoughts and visions with us, Shui Kuen. Your photos and paintings of your utopian home are now displaying on the biography page, when you click on "Click Here to see my pictures display on the left frame", at the foot of your biography.
4/2/2004 4:03:29 PM
Endless Summer Question for Ann "Endless Summer" alludes to year-round summer, since many people like to wear summer fibres all year, especially knitters in warmer climates. As with the Peruvian and Sock it to Me yarns, we plan to re-stock Endless Summer yarns where demand is strong.
4/2/2004 4:03:29 PM
Endless Summer Question for Ann "Endless Summer" alludes to year-round summer, since many people like to wear summer fibres all year, especially knitters in warmer climates. As with the Peruvian and Sock it to Me yarns, we plan to re-stock Endless Summer yarns where demand is strong.
4/8/2004 10:01:01 AM
Question for Ann You read my mind, Marion - I`ll check with Michelle again today!
Question for Ann You read my mind, Marion - I`ll check with Michelle again today!
Question For Ann You read my mind, Marion - I`ll check with Michelle again today!
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25... Last