acb - all messages by user

2/16/2004 11:06:44 AM
new yarns - Ann New yarns are always posted at 6:00 am Pacific Time. For more information on what`s offered and when, just click "Info/Help" and then "About Elann".
2/17/2004 8:14:45 AM
question for ACB Please speak freely about anything here! - well *almost* anything - Ann:-)
Question for ACB Please speak freely about anything here! - well *almost* anything - Ann:-)
Question for ACB Please speak freely about anything here! - well *almost* anything - Ann:-)
2/17/2004 8:16:42 AM
Question for ACB I *wish* that was me on the beach!
Question for ACB I *wish* that was me on the beach!
question for ACB I *wish* that was me on the beach!
2/18/2004 9:46:18 AM
Kinky Kwestion Hi Marion,
I`m guessing that if you were able to have the cone sitting upside down, you`d be winding it straight off the cone in the opposite direction, and it might reverse the tendency to kink. I have a cone of Den-M-Knit on the floor beside me right now, and right-side-up, the yarn winds off counter-clockwise, but if I turn it upside down, it winds off clockwise.
2/18/2004 2:04:15 PM
wonder if Arena, Capri and Bufalo are in our future These are all yarns that have been available for some time, but their featured design patterns went out of print, so we`re now offering them free. Just click the balls of yarn to the left of the patterns to be taken to the pages offering the yarns.
2/20/2004 11:36:34 AM
Chat Gallery Archive Our Chat Gallery Archive is now in place! Just click the new link to it which appears under the first chat gallery photo and submission instructions to get to it. When you get to the new page, you`ll find that each archived photo is posted along with its caption and the date it was posted. If you click on the date posted, you`ll be automatically given the search results for posts of that day - that way you can check for discussion about the photo.
2/24/2004 5:48:28 AM
Before the Feeding Frenzy Begins... Eileen, I don`t think the kahki would be right for you. It`s green, but it`s a browny green, and I`ve gathered from your other posts that you like clear greens. Don`t worry, we`ll be ordering more Quechua (as well as the other Peruvian Collection yarns) within the next few months, and I`ll be keeping our color discussions in mind.
2/24/2004 5:48:28 AM
Before the Feeding Frenzy Begins... Eileen, I don`t think the kahki would be right for you. It`s green, but it`s a browny green, and I`ve gathered from your other posts that you like clear greens. Don`t worry, we`ll be ordering more Quechua (as well as the other Peruvian Collection yarns) within the next few months, and I`ll be keeping our color discussions in mind.
2/24/2004 6:19:35 AM
Before the Feeding Frenzy Begins... On second thoughts, Eileen, maybe you would like it! I just remembered that you did say that you like the new colors on the website. The kahki is close to a lighter version of the darkest color on the site now - the color behind "captivating yarns . . "
2/24/2004 6:19:35 AM
Before the Feeding Frenzy Begins... On second thoughts, Eileen, maybe you would like it! I just remembered that you did say that you like the new colors on the website. The kahki is close to a lighter version of the darkest color on the site now - the color behind "captivating yarns . . "
2/24/2004 6:37:48 AM
Before the Feeding Frenzy Begins... Yes, you`re absolutely right that the muted tones really lend themselves to vintage styles - that soft, muted look is one of the things I love most about alpaca blends.
2/24/2004 6:37:48 AM
Before the Feeding Frenzy Begins... Yes, you`re absolutely right that the muted tones really lend themselves to vintage styles - that soft, muted look is one of the things I love most about alpaca blends.
2/24/2004 6:43:58 PM
Koko Yarn pattern Last week, two customers emailed us about this pattern, and I checked the pattern at our website against the original Tahki pattern, and found that our posting of the pattern
appeared exactly as it did in the Tahki Spring/Summer 2003 Collection. I have contacted Tahki to see if there are any errata for for the pattern, but have not yet heard back from them. In the meantime, based on my own analysis of the pattern, I have added a * at the beginning of Row 1.

I`m not sure exactly which part of the pattern you`re having trouble with, but I`ve studied the Van Dyke Stitch instructions, and they do look correct to me. All rows do add up to 8 +1, if you check the glossary for the meanings of all abbreviations (I have added an explanation of sssk).

Now comes the tough part! I`m guessing that the part that might be stumping you is CO 50 (54, 58, 62) sts, but here`s what I would do - I would assume that since the rows always end with a K1 (a selvage stitch), I would start each patterned row with a K1 too. You would then have:

50-2 = 48, divided by 8 = 6 repeats for the first size
54-2= 52, divided by 8 = 6.5 repeats for the second size
58-2 = 56, divided by 8 = 7 repeats for the third size
62-2=60, divided by 8 = 7.5 repeats for the fourth size
66-2=64, divided by 8 = 8 repeats (for an improvised additional larger size
that might be easier to execute, because of its even number of repeats).

I don`t think I`d want to knit 1/2 repeats, myself, so I`d probably choose a
size with an even number of repeats. Alternatively, I`d knit the first 8
inches of the garment on a 32" circular needle, ignoring the whole idea of
having selvages for seams, and casting on 96, 104, 112, 120 (all of these
are evenly divisible by 8, so you would have an even number of pattern
repeats).

I hope this helps! I`ll be sure to post here and to edit the pattern further if I hear back from Tahki with corrections.
2/26/2004 6:07:31 PM
Question on the White Buffalo Guess what`s coming soon to Elann? 3-ply White Buffalo! The color range will be more limited - 8 colors in the brown, rusts, greens, and golds range, but I thought you might like a heads up. It knits at about 12-14 st/4", and its yardage is 270 yards per 8 oz cake.
2/27/2004 12:56:25 PM
how to figure out gauge when working with 2 strands of yarn If you go to the chat center search function, and type the keywords "2 strands", into the criteria box that searches the contents of messages, you`ll find an excellent discussion entitled "converting yarn" from last August that answers your question beautifully!
2/27/2004 2:52:25 PM
placing an order For help, click "info/help" on the black menu bar, and you`ll see that one of the help topics is "Shopping and Navigating".
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25... Last