acb - all messages by user

1/20/2004 8:13:13 AM
felting Thanks - I`m going to check for both color grabber sheets and Orange Clean the next time I`m shopping. It could be that we don`t have them in Canada, but I`m sure going to try to find them!
Felting Thanks - I`m going to check for both color grabber sheets and Orange Clean the next time I`m shopping. It could be that we don`t have them in Canada, but I`m sure going to try to find them!
felting Thanks - I`m going to check for both color grabber sheets and Orange Clean the next time I`m shopping. It could be that we don`t have them in Canada, but I`m sure going to try to find them!
Felting Thanks - I`m going to check for both color grabber sheets and Orange Clean the next time I`m shopping. It could be that we don`t have them in Canada, but I`m sure going to try to find them!
1/27/2004 1:00:31 PM
ACB...Can a Pattern be Resized? Thank *you*, Patricia. I hope I didn`t make it seem too complicated. It`s simple in principle, but it was tricky trying to strike a balance between giving full information, and not scaring people away!
1/27/2004 1:08:35 PM
does everybody get the same color yarn skein sample? I usually try to put together several different color schemes for the sample skeins mailings, so that it`s more fun for the staff who make them up. In January, there were 5 different color schemes as follows:

January 2004 Sample Skeins

Blues:
Austermann Candy - 16 Cerulean Blue
Peruvian Collection Pure Alpaca - 9155 Cornflower
Peruvian Collection Uros - 3427 Endless Blue
Schoeller Esslinger Geisha - 15 Lapis

Turquoises:
Austermann Candy - 01 Snowdrop
Peruvian Collection Pure Alpaca - 4145 Dusty Teal
Peruvian Collection Uros - 1530 Capri Blue
Schoeller Esslinger Geisha - 14 Nile Blue

Green/Cream:
Austermann Candy - 13 Chartreuse
Peruvian Collection Pure Alpaca - 0100 Natural
Peruvian Collection Uros - 1477 Watercress
Schoeller Esslinger Geisha - 10 Cream

Black/Rose:
Austermann Candy - 02 Ebony
Peruvian Collection Pure Alpaca - 1349 Antique Rose
Peruvian Collection Uros - 1930 Desert Rose
Schoeller Esslinger Geisha - 02 Black

White/Mauves:
Austermann Candy - 01 Snowdrop
Peruvian Collection Pure Alpaca - 1742 Dusky Lavender
Peruvian Collection Uros - 1076 Mauve
Schoeller Esslinger Geisha - 01 Fresh Snow
1/30/2004 1:11:17 PM
ACB Pakucho We haven`t made a final decision about whether or not to restock Pakucho this year. I`ll let you know if we do!
2/2/2004 7:17:03 AM
How this works Hello Les,

If a pattern is still on the website, but showing "temporarily out of stock", it means that we have re-ordered it, and are just waiting for new stock. As soon as we learn from a supplier that a pattern has gone out of print, or is no longer available, we remove it from the website. Usually out-of-stock items become available again within 2-3 weeks.
2/2/2004 9:00:48 AM
Hanna Falkenberg I`ve found www.xe.com to be a great place to get accurate, up-to-the-minute currency conversion information.
2/2/2004 4:26:53 PM
Great Stuff mustangjudy! No restrictions at all on the yarns and projects you can post here, Judy (provided they`re not "x"-rated!)
2/7/2004 7:59:37 AM
Summer yarn This March, Elann will be offering a 98.3% cotton/ 1.7% elastic yarn that`s wonderful for summer socks. It`s a sport weight, and we`ll be offering it in 20 solid colors and 12 printed colorways.
2/8/2004 3:31:27 PM
Steek photos Hi Rene and MacChick,

We`re actually working on programming so that our chat center photos would automatically go to an archive after being posted for x number of days. I think when we put this in place, if there are any pictures like the steek pictures that relate directly to posts on a certain date, we`ll mention that in the caption, so that searching for the relevant supporting posts will be easy.
2/8/2004 6:02:04 PM
Steek photos Teresa - if you`re using Internet Explorer, you should be able to put you mouse on any picture you want from the left frame, and then execute a right mouse click. One of the options you`re offered should be to print the picture, and another should be to save the picture to your own computer.
2/14/2004 10:38:51 AM
Which Peruvian yarn would you most like to see restocked? Thank *you* all for your enthusiasm!

As long as demand warrants it, we`ll continue to re-offer the Peruvian Collection. The beauty of our being able to order directly from a mill is that we are able to re-stock, and we can pick our own colors too. I`m looking seriously at a re-stock for the Fall, but Baby Cashmere and Baby Silk might just have to make a re-appearance sooner than that - with perhaps pink A in one and pink B in the other!

If ongoing brisk sales were to support it, I`d love nothing better than to be able to have a permanent collection with all colors in stock most of the time.
2/14/2004 10:44:23 AM
Ballet pink is A Thank you all for your very definite opinions on this one - perhaps we`ll just have to offer both:-)
2/14/2004 10:52:45 AM
Oh, Duh, Ann`s torturing MacChickie! Torture or titillation? . . . any other colors we should torture ourselves over?
2/14/2004 6:55:46 PM
Oh, Duh, Ann`s torturing MacChickie! It`s lovely for me to see customer wish lists and to do my best to fulfill them. Let me share with you the constraints we face from a vendor`s point of view, so that you can better help me to make your dreams reality.

First, because we must meet the same weight minimums per color for more expensive fibre blends as for less expensive ones, the more precious the yarn (e.g. Baby Silk and Baby Cashmere), the fewer colors we can afford to offer. A further constraint is that not only is the investment risk per color much greater for us with more expensive yarns, it is for you the knitter too -- I reason that you`d be far less likely to gamble on a wild card color in Baby Cashmere than you would in Highland Wool -- hence, we must be doubly cautious.

We offered 8 colors each in Baby Silk and Baby Cashmere last time - I think we might be able to increase that to 10 this time. With Highland Wool, because its price is low, we could easily double, and perhaps eventually even triple, its color range, and then consider its most popular colors for future orders of more expensive fibre blends - it could conceivably be our "cast your vote for colors" yarn. I know this would make Alice and MacChick happy, and hopefully others too!

That said, there are other considerations, and caution must still be the order of the day (pardon the pun!). Colors that may be popular in 100% wool, may not necessarily be popular in Baby Silk or Baby Cashmere. I reason that, at least in part, the more precious the fibre, the more precious (i.e. rare) the colors must be. I could see offering a very large range of colors in Highland Wool on an ongoing basis, and then on a seasonal basis, offering much smaller, ever-changing palettes of Baby Silk and Baby Cashmere. That way, we might achieve a nice overall balance of stability and novelty. Let me know what you think.

Fibre also dictates color. The softness of Baby Cashmere doesn`t really translate to vibrant colors - it seems to cry out for more muted tones. Baby Silk is probably more versatile this way - but how does one add ruby red to the palette without making the whole palette more vibrant? Perhaps the answer is to offer deep, vibrant tones in the fall, and softer lighter colors for the Spring/Summer - again, let me know your thoughts.

One of the most important considerations is that the marketplace is by its very nature a democracy. I`m a redhead, and I adore browns, beiges, apricots, and terracottas . . . I won`t go on, or you`ll all be puking on your keyboards, I know! I learned early that I don`t determine elann`s colors - its customers do - they vote with their dollars. Here`s the lowdown: blues and purples outsell every other color group 2 to 1. Next most bound to sell are whites, blacks, and off-whites, because they go with everything. In the middle of the pack are reds, after that come browns, greys, and greens (sorry Eileen, just think of poor, marginalized me, and know you`re in good company!) and always at the bottom of the heap are yellows and oranges. This doesn`t mean that we never offer the less popular color groups - we simply offer fewer choices in them, because at the same time as we realize what sells, we also realize that we must try to offer a full spectrum. Here, particularly, it`s important to let me know *exactly* which pink or which green you think is lovely, because we may only be able to offer one or two choices within each yarn type.

I`m thrilled you`re passionate about your colors! Passion sells yarn, and sales are what drive elann`s success. Tell me what you dream of, and if it flies off the shelf, it`s yours until it no longer continues to fly!
2/15/2004 8:46:04 AM
Another Peruvian yarn vote My experience has been that the purchasing patterns of most knitters do follow the seasons. Do you see March, April, May, and June as a time for us to offer mostly Spring/Summer fibres, July and August as transition months, September, October, November, December, and January as a time for us to offer mostly Fall/Winter fibres, and February as a transition month?

I know there are some customers who prefer to buy cotton/linen blends year-round, because they live in warm climates, or because they can`t wear wools. For these people, we`re introducing a new collection in March called "The Endless Summer Collection." Should components of the Peruvian Collection also be "endless"? What are everyone`s thoughts on what they`d like to see available when? Cast your votes, keeping in mind the reality that we can`t warehouse all yarns all the time, and that any yarn, no matter how yummy, can`t be re-stocked if its not continuously purchased.

While we`re on the topic of knitting weights and wish lists - what new weights in what fibre blends would you like to see added to the Peruvian Collection for the Fall?
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25... Last