acb - all messages by user

11/2/2004 6:21:57 PM
Jo Sharp Silkroad Ultra It could just be a rare instance, Patricia, but please be sure to let us know if you find more knots than seems out of the ordinary.
11/3/2004 2:00:37 PM
Ann or Diane -- Merino Stretch yardage My guess is that it must be for stretched. Our Esprit yarn, which is cotton/elastic, is 100 yards relaxed - 186 yards stretched, so if you followed the same ratio, the Merino Stretch relaxed might be about 94 yards. It`s tricky to estimate substitute yardages for stretchy yarns, because it`s difficult to estimate how much you`ll stretch the yarn when you`re knitting with it. Thankfully, Schoeller has good pattern support for this yarn, which helps in estimating how much to buy i.e. even if you don`t use their pullover patterns, the yarn requirements for their designs should give you a good idea of how much yarn a pullover would require.
11/4/2004 8:47:17 AM
Thank you Ann: Excellent, Shui Kuen. Now you can shower us with your beautiful work!
11/6/2004 8:19:31 AM
Is that Ann`s daughter? Yes, it is, Bets!
11/6/2004 8:24:35 AM
Highland Greens question for Ann or anyone Hi Lisa,
Unfortunately, I don`t think any of the greens are a perfect traffic light green - I think you`re right that the Irish Moss might be the closest, though not quite right either.
11/6/2004 3:55:55 PM
Can Someone Help?? Susan,
If you email diane@elann.com on Monday morning, she should be able to help you. Another knitter had the same problem, and she and Diane solved it together.
11/8/2004 1:27:25 PM
Philospher`s Wool sweater If you have a graphics program for viewing your photos, you should also be able to re-size pictures with it. Check the software`s "Help" menu for instructions on how to re-size your pictures and then save them as 85% rsolution .jpg files. Our gallery at the left is 138 pixels wide, so if you re-size to this width, you`ll be able to create a nice, small file for easy loading.
11/9/2004 9:26:24 AM
HW color Yes, it is Starlight Blue, Patricia.
11/9/2004 12:47:57 PM
98, 97, 96, 95, 94, 93.... Sorry to hear that the colors you chose turned out to be darker than you had expected them to be, Jean. To help view the most accurate color to yarn correspondence on your monitor, view the chips at 12:00 noon in a computer room lit only by good natural light -- that is when the light is at its purest, and that is when we always make our final color adjustments. Viewing your yarns themselves at this time of day, in pure natural light, will also give you the most accurate view of colors. It`s surprising how much darker yarn colors can look at other times of the day, and how entirely different they can look in artificial light.
11/12/2004 7:19:51 PM
need help with some stictches Filatura Di Crosa patterns specify "Double Stitch" quite frequently. Here`s an explanation from one of their glossaries:
“(Double stitch is very useful, as it allows the starting and closing of borders in an absolutely invisible manner.)
Starting and Knitting: using a yarn different than the yarn used for main knitting, cast on an even number of stitches, as required. Using main yarn, knit 1 row on this starting row, then work a few more rows (generally 4) in double-stitch as follows: *knit 1, yarn at front, slip 1 purlwise without working it, yarn at back*; repeat from * to* across the row and following rows. At work end, cut and remove the part made using a different yarn.”
11/13/2004 3:26:02 PM
Bri I am squinting to see Sock 2... Bri, I noticed the same problem with your first sock graphic, and I fixed it by cropping out the white space and rotating the picture 90 degrees for maximum exposure. I left this one, in the hopes you`d see it, because I didn`t have your email address to contact you about re-sizing. Please feel free to email me at info@elann.com, if you need my help with re-sizing. If you`d like to re-submit, I can simply delete the first submission.
11/14/2004 3:58:23 PM
A New Arrival! Congratulations, Libby!!!!! She`s a real beauty, and I`ll bet you picked out that hat especially to match the site colors!
11/15/2004 5:36:24 AM
question about reconstructing a sweater There was a good discussion of this topic last January. You should be able to find it if you type "Sleeves too Long" into the subject field of the chat search.
11/17/2004 7:48:53 AM
To my Fairy Yarnmothers... And your Fairy Yarnmothers asked me to let you know that if any of the colors are not exactly those you would have picked yourself, they won`t be the least bit hurt if you return them for a credit to your Elann account.
11/19/2004 9:12:23 PM
Shamrocks, anyone? HeartStrings offers a sock pattern with a beaded shamrock motif - here`s a link to the pattern at this site to copy and paste into your browser window: http://secure.elann.com/productdisp.asp?NAME=HeartStrings+Frolicking+Shamrocks+%2D+S10&Cat=&ProductType=4&Count=32#
11/21/2004 4:26:06 PM
The Peruvians are laying me out!!! Sneak peek up! Check out the free patterns section, Sandra!
11/22/2004 6:16:01 AM
The Peruvians are laying me out!!! Sneak peek up! Thanks Sandra and Bets! Those simple designs were so fast (about an hour a ball) and fun to knit, especially because all the while I got to enjoy the beautiful softness of the alpaca. The wrap is for me, and the poncho for Margaux -- it`s not very often that I knit anything she deems "way cool".
11/24/2004 11:40:08 AM
Pictures Gerlinde and MarthaG -- something must have gone amiss when you submitted your pictures, as I have not received them. Usually, I get to them within the hour, and it would never take longer than 48 hours. You can be sure that your picture has been submitted if, after submitting, you are taken to a screen that says "Thank you - your picture will be reviewed and posted within the next 48 hours."
11/24/2004 11:40:08 AM
Pictures Gerlinde and MarthaG -- something must have gone amiss when you submitted your pictures, as I have not received them. Usually, I get to them within the hour, and it would never take longer than 48 hours. You can be sure that your picture has been submitted if, after submitting, you are taken to a screen that says "Thank you - your picture will be reviewed and posted within the next 48 hours."
11/24/2004 12:57:17 PM
Pictures Still nothing from you, Gerlinde. Are you getting any error messages about the file you`re attaching being bigger than 50KB in size?
pages: First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29... Last