acb - all messages by user

7/30/2004 10:56:46 AM
To Ann: about tajmahal Yes, the Pingouin yarn had different yardage, Shui Kuen. Here`s our description of the yarn requirements:

V-Neck Sweater for women, with front neckline and sleeve pattern motifs, to fit bust sizes 34, 36, 38, 40, 42” (finished bust 40, 42, 44, 46.25, 48.25”; finished length 22.5, 23, 24, 24.5, 25.25”). Uses 1220, 1342, 1464, 1586, 1708 yards of sport weight yarn (24 st/4”).

Tajmahal has 185 yards per ball, so the pattern would require 7 to 10 balls, depending on your size.
8/1/2004 9:11:27 AM
ACB re Debbie Bliss yarn I haven`t knit anything with the Cotton Aran, but I can tell you that it has no appearance of being overspun, and therefore twisty. Its spin appears soft and lofty.

A home ball-winder is a good solution for the problem you describe with your CottonSilk. It would allow you to quickly wind a new ball, starting from the outside of the original ball, so that its outside end would become your new inside end. I really like the balls produced on these winders, because they sit flat like compact donuts, and if you pull from the center, they hardly move while you`re knitting.
8/2/2004 3:21:25 PM
Yarn question for Ann Hello Libby,
Elann doesn`t seek to bring in all new yarns featured in the marketplace each season. Rather, our aim is to bring you the best quality yarns at the best possible prices. For more info, click our "Info" button above, and then click the "About Elann" button.
8/3/2004 3:59:43 PM
New Improvements to Search Engines Anyone game to test-drive Peter`s latest improvements to our search engines? He`s made it so that you can now hold down your control key to make multiple selections in each criteria drop-down menu. Best of all, if you use the yarn search, and are looking for specific colors, the search results will now show you color chips of all available colors within your color parameters!
8/5/2004 6:37:09 AM
Ann, is that lovely young lady your daughter? Yes, that`s Margaux, Benne. That was her too on the beach in the Cables and Lace cardigan in the former home page shot. And as you already know, that`s her as a baby in our "chat center" graphic!

Eileen, the Alpaca Shirt shots were taken about a block from our home here in Tsawwassen. The park looks west, and over the ferry terminal. The Cables and Lace shot was taken at Boundary Bay, a 1/2 hour walk from our home.
8/6/2004 9:26:35 AM
Ann - question about le fibre nobili Benne, I doubt we`ll be able to get this yarn again, because we did buy all that Plymouth had when they offered it.
8/9/2004 11:29:59 AM
1 thing I don`t like about that new yarn search... Peter did originally say it had to be either/or, but because several people have emailed me with exactly the same wish as yours, MacChick, I`m working on him! My guess is that he`ll have the column sort back before the end of the week.
8/9/2004 11:52:37 AM
Ann-question about Modular Magic book Hi Bets,

Our book supplier automatically sends us all new knitting books, so any time you see a new title, you can be sure that we`ll be offering it as soon as it is shipped to us.
8/11/2004 2:04:41 PM
It`s Done! I just knew Peter could do it -- the sort function for the gauge and fibre columns are now back when you click "Products" and then "Yarns".
8/11/2004 2:09:03 PM
Ann... notice an increase in APO orders?! LOL Wow, yes - August has already beaten July, and we`re not even halfway through the month yet! Thanks very much for spreading the word, Jean.
8/16/2004 8:04:41 AM
Araucania Chunky Wool - are we getting any, Ann? Hi Martha,
You just never know what might show up at Elann:-)
8/23/2004 12:16:27 PM
I`ve gotten aggressive with the taj mahal I think you`ll be fine, Benne. Silk can really take quite a bit of abuse. Just be sure to put vinegar in your rinse to bring it back to its natural PH level when you`re done torturing it! I`ve found with silk garments, that adding vinegar to the rinse makes them last much longer.
8/30/2004 4:09:51 PM
Ultimate sweater machine I`ve done lots of chunky projects on my Bond. MacChick is right that the ideal weight is worsted, and it`s best to use worsted until you`re in the driver`s seat with the machine. Once you`ve mastered it, however, the possibilities are myriad. I`ve had great results with bulky 100% wool (14 st/4"), using just every other needle, and the number 4 keyplate, to make the carriage glide effortlessly. Once you`ve mastered this principle, the other keyplates can be used with every other needle too, to give you a wide range of gauge possibilities.
8/30/2004 4:09:51 PM
Ultimate Sweater Machine I`ve done lots of chunky projects on my Bond. MacChick is right that the ideal weight is worsted, and it`s best to use worsted until you`re in the driver`s seat with the machine. Once you`ve mastered it, however, the possibilities are myriad. I`ve had great results with bulky 100% wool (14 st/4"), using just every other needle, and the number 4 keyplate, to make the carriage glide effortlessly. Once you`ve mastered this principle, the other keyplates can be used with every other needle too, to give you a wide range of gauge possibilities.
8/31/2004 1:33:52 PM
New Programming Feature In response to Cate`s request for the option of not having gallery pictures load with each new chat page, we have a new button on the left frame for those of you with slower dial-up connections. You can now choose to either "Hide Pictures" or "Show Pictures".
8/31/2004 4:33:24 PM
Ann, I`m hoping you can help me Hi Benne,
Here are the pattern directions, and information about the yarn itself will now be in the Yarn Archive (click "Info/Help" and then "Yarn Archive"):

Garza di Organzino Wrap knits up quickly on 15mm (US 19) needles, and uses just 4 hanks:
Cast on 43 stitches.
Row 1: Knit to end.
Row 2: Knit 1st stitch. Knit 2nd and 3rd stitches together. Knit to second to last stitch, increase one in this stitch. Knit last stitch.
Repeat these 2 rows until all but enough yarn to cast off is used.
Cast off.
9/3/2004 6:35:13 PM
Sock Journal Hi Shari,
We do have the new Sock Calendar, and it will be appearing on the website within the next few days.
9/3/2004 6:37:34 PM
ACB You`re the Best!! Thanks very much for your kind words, Laura. I`m still in computer h_e_double_hockeysticks, but I`ve been assured that my problems will be solved by Tuesday morning!
9/3/2004 9:36:31 PM
Sock Journal Sorry to be confusing, Shari - this year`s new sock calendar is indeed called the The Sock Journal, and I have now made it orderable for you. Just click "What`s New" to find it.
9/12/2004 7:02:11 AM
Who Will be the First to Try It? Peter has set up a new automated way for you to submit pictures. Just be sure you`re logged into your elann account,and then click the "Send Photo" button on the left. All we need do from our end is approve the picture (necessary, unfortunately, because of internet pranksters), and it`s live!
pages: First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26... Last