acb - all messages by user

10/8/2003 9:57:51 AM
Chatter`s Gallery Hi Folks,

Elann is exploring the idea of adding a gallery component to this chat center. If you`d like to have one of your knitting projects featured for all to enjoy, please send a photograph to my attention to either of our PO Box addresses (Canadian or US - you`ll find these under "Contact Info" when you click Ordering Info on the left frame menu).

Alternatively, just send a .jpg to info@elann.com via email, but please don`t send any files larger than 100KB!

Please also include a title or short caption with your picture, and let me know exactly how you`d like to be identified (i.e. chat center user name, first name, first and last name, etc.).

Warm regards,
Ann
11/8/2003 11:04:22 AM
Problem with pattern Hi Zolazae,

I just double-checked the source pattern (in the Winter 2002) issue of Online Magazine for you, to make sure that our scan of it for the website was exactly as it was printed. It is. My interpretation of the instruction is as follows:
- knit edge stitch, K2, P1, K1 (5 stitches worked)
- slip one, knit one, pass slip stitch over (=slip dec over 2 sts)

By this logic, you are working your decrease over stitches 6 and 7 on both sides, and you should have a match.
11/20/2003 9:00:26 PM
Am I crazy or has this website changed overnight? You could always just mail me a photo, Theresa (see Elann`s snailmail addresses on the Info/Help page), and I`ll scan it for you.

Ann
12/2/2003 10:57:39 AM
My Order To reach the staff at Elann, please just click the "Email Us" button on the black menu bar.
12/8/2003 11:26:40 AM
Elann, do you ever restock? Hi Bella,

If you click "Info/Help" on the black bar, and then click the "About Elann" button, you`ll find a comprehensive explanation of our yarn offerings.
12/18/2003 12:45:20 PM
Abrieviation users guide for newcomers? Hi Bella,

I searched the keywords "chat room abbreviations" on Google and found lots of links. Here`s two to get you started:
http://www.copd-international.com/library/chat-emoticons.htm and
http://www.cse.ucsc.edu/~shankari/abbreviations.html
12/19/2003 9:39:13 PM
Is anyone else having trouble posting? Thanks for alerting us to this problem, Bets. I think you`ll find we`ve fixed it now.
12/21/2003 8:13:09 AM
Salsa Adult Hat Pattern We posted the pattern exactly as it was transmitted to us, but you`re right, the chart certainly seems to be missing something! I`ve written to our supplier to see if a correction for the chart exists, and in the meantime, I`ve modified the pattern at the website - alongside the original chart, I`ve posted my own interpretation of the chart, as I think the motif appears in the picture. I hope this helps - my sincere apologies for the problem.
12/22/2003 1:09:38 PM
Salsa Adult Hat Pattern Our supplier just got back to me about the pattern. He managed to track down the original pattern in German, and sent me a graph that makes much, much more sense, and I`ve now posted it at the website. Bets was absolutely right that it`s actually a Greek Key pattern. I`ll now email all those customers who ordered Salsa to let them know!
12/31/2003 7:52:42 AM
Looking for the yarn and pattern for a cardigan I saw here.. Hi Trixi,

I think you might be thinking of the jacket on the cover of Stahl No. 18. It was the featured design for Stahl Teddy yarn, which was posted about one month ago, and has since sold out.
1/4/2004 9:33:18 AM
Sleeves too long---Plse help! Thanks for the link to the Knitty article, Christine. I especially like the tip on using a finer needle to hold the row you want to rip back to. I`ve always found it hard to rip back a sleeve from the bottom, if the knitting has been started from the bottom, so provided I have plenty of yarn, once I`ve secured those stitches, I find it easier to just cut-off all but about 1/2 inch of the excess length, pick-up, unravel the last 1/2 inch, and then knit down to finish. I know cutting sounds horrible, and it`s scary, but it has always worked like a charm for me. I`ve even used the cutting method successfully on purchased sweaters - when styles were loose, I used to purchase men`s sweaters, and then just cut back and re-finish the ape-length sleeves. I found that once most of the unwanted length was cut off, the yarn could easily be wound into a ball from the top-down, and then used for refashioning the bottom of the sleeve.
1/4/2004 10:10:10 AM
Sleeves too long---Plse help! Yes, that`s right, Bella - I knit the original piece from the bottom to the top, and then I made the revisions knitting from the top (picked up stitches) down to the bottom. As I said, I really like the idea the Knitty article suggests of holding the stitches to be picked up with a smaller needle. It might be ideal to use a short circular needle, or double-points, so that very little of the sleeve seam would need to be unpicked.
1/4/2004 4:59:32 PM
can I convert a pattern to larger size? So many beautiful patterns are written in such limited size ranges that I`m actually working on a rudimentary explanation and simple example of the re-sizing process for this website - I should have it ready before the end of the month. If you click "Info/Help" and then "FAQ" toward the end of January, you`ll find it. The example will be a conversion from a small to a larger size, but the discussion will also be useful for petite knitters like ChristineC, who want to down-size patterns.
1/5/2004 6:29:35 PM
Many thanks -- re zippers and shortening sleeves Bella, I`m thrilled to hear that the cutting method worked for you - way to go!
1/5/2004 6:43:22 PM
Peruvian Wool We will definitely be re-stocking Highland Wool. To finish this season, we`ve re-ordered the top 10 favorite colors (now sold out), and they should be here by the end of this month. If the re-stocking is a success, we`ll also be re-ordering it for next Fall. We`ve been very pleased with both the quality and the popularity of the Peruvian Collection. The beauty of our being able to order directly from a mill is that we are able to re-order, if demand warrants it.
1/5/2004 6:45:12 PM
toe-up socks Darla,
Have you seen the toe-up free pattern we posted in the Free Patterns section on January 1st?
1/20/2004 7:08:25 AM
Felting Thanks for this excellent discussion!

I`ve never heard of color grabber sheets before - what are they? I`ve also never heard of Orange Clean - is it a rinse agent?

We get frequently get emails from Elann customers, asking if a particular yarn is good for felting, so anytime someone finds a particular yarn works well, it`s great to hear about it!
felting Thanks for this excellent discussion!

I`ve never heard of color grabber sheets before - what are they? I`ve also never heard of Orange Clean - is it a rinse agent?

We get frequently get emails from Elann customers, asking if a particular yarn is good for felting, so anytime someone finds a particular yarn works well, it`s great to hear about it!
felting Thanks for this excellent discussion!

Felting Thanks for this excellent discussion!

pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25... Last