Daryl - all messages by user

11/2/2004 5:40:06 AM
HW for Socks? Thanks, after I posted this question when I was lying awake last night plotting what colors to order I realized that the Highland Wool isn`t machine washable. Hmm,better go for hats and mittens. I ended up indulging in a bunch of colors just to play. If I spend all my time drooling and searching patterns when am I going to knit all the stuff I have already bought. Definitely time to go into strict therapy!!!
11/2/2004 6:05:09 AM
Highland Wool buyers: What did you buy and what will you knit? Well, you people did it to me again. My Jo Sharp Mohair and alpaca arrived and I thought the idea of receiving yarn for a sweater, shawl, three pairs of gloves or mittens and a hat/scarf would hold me from the Highland wool, but no, I woke up this morning and you guys hadn`t grabbed it all up yet!!! I even woke up in the night thinking I should go ahead and order at 2:00 am before it was all gone, and managed to dissuade myself that if it was gone it was meant to be. I bought Ruby for myself for a shawl to go with my Christmas skirt and sweater my sister in law gave me to branch out my colors. I bought dried herb to go with the Dali mustard lights to make a yarn sampler poncho, and a bunch of colors to make a bright Fairisle type for one of the darling daughters and some Sapphire and boysenberry to make the Santorini and Mykonos diamond design pattern from a Rowan designs book I got from the library. I can hardly wait!! You people are very dangerous. I may have to get a disabling illness so I can stay home and knit.
11/6/2004 12:57:11 PM
Shui Kuen`s Stained glass swatch Thanks Shui Kuen, I don`t know why I assumed it was HW. I certainly have drooled over the alpaca long enough that I should have recognized the names. that will truly be beautiful when finished. I can`t wait to see it. Daryl
11/15/2004 7:12:50 AM
A New Arrival! Congratulations and don`t despair if you no longer can sit down to knit because there is always someone in your lap. For a few years you can dream of colors and patterns and before you know it there will be lessons and car pooling and piano practice and ample time to knit for your friends all the baby patterns you thought you would knit for your own.
I noticed someone mentioned nursing, it is good for you and for the baby as long as you can, might I mention the benefit of books on tape and headphones for those hours in the middle of the night when she doesn`t yet know how to burp? It markedly diminishes one`s 3:00am resentment of being the only one who has to get up and sit there for five minutes while your beautiful baby waits to burp if you can "read" another chapter of a trahsy novel, not to mention diminishing the chance of falling asleep and droppiing the precious bundle. Lots of libraries have books on tape or CD for free! Enjoy these moments, those new babies often don`t sleep as much as you thought they would. Daryl
11/15/2004 7:51:48 AM
Felted Pillow There is a site which has knitting graph paper which you can download. It is on my computer at work, not at home, of course, but I will try to post the site next time I am at work. You can try searching for knitting graph paper and see what comes up. DON`T try graphing on regular paper as the picture comes out squashe, my daughter has a sweater with a VERY plump cat on the front from thinking I could get away with that. Then you can either find a logo and trace onto the graph paper or draw it freehand your self. Good Luck, Daryl
12/7/2004 6:16:56 AM
against better judgement Me too. How can I justify yarn as for Christmas presents when more than half of it is for me and I haven`t done most of what I have already bought for this Christmas. Well, I suppose there is already Christmas next year, and the year after...I got both the cornflower and the gentle violet for me, the sapphire, peridot, aubergine and raspberry for Christmas..Hee hee. Once the dam breaks! And I have Gjestal to order tomorrow for felted hats for the ballet teachers. At least there is a project I have a hope of getting done! My niece is going to just get the yarn for a scarf to match her hat. I am convincing myself it is enough of a gift to give a knitter good yarn rather than the finished project, even if she is only 14. Daryl
12/8/2004 6:33:57 AM
How do they disappear before 6 am? It`s the Kiwi. Somebody must be making something massive or an entire family of matching sweaters? What are you making? I got the bright pink too. One of my daughters has classic pink and white complexion and I`m hoping that she looks so good in bright pink that she`ll still wear it despite the maturity and coolness of middle school. Now the question is, do I make a fast simple sweater that will suit her still babygirl shape and she will grow into, or do I make the wonderful complicated cable pattern in the book, which might be too bulky on a roundish person? Such decisions.
12/28/2004 7:35:32 AM
Ok, the birthday list is winding down-have I got all the goodlooking folks? Thanks for putting this all together in a form even those of us with good intentions can handle. Daryl
12/28/2004 7:42:44 AM
Shui Kuen I don`t know. I haven`t been inside Gay`s house since I was there in high school for a hockey team dinner and before then when we lived in Washington and would come back to visit. Her youngest Emily tried in vain to teach us to play jacks sometime before I was in third grade and we moved back to Philly for good. It is a beautiful rambling house like a rabbit warren to my recollection. I will ask her next time I see her. Daryl
Shui Kuen I don`t know. I haven`t been inside Gay`s house since I was there in high school for a hockey team dinner and before then when we lived in Washington and would come back to visit. Her youngest Emily tried in vain to teach us to play jacks sometime before I was in third grade and we moved back to Philly for good. It is a beautiful rambling house like a rabbit warren to my recollection. I will ask her next time I see her. Daryl
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25... Last