Trish - all messages by user

11/28/2005 9:28:59 AM
Elan yarn subscription ? What week of the month does the monthly Elan yarn subscription get mailed?

Also, what kind of envelope does it come in? I`d hate to accidentally throw it out with the junk mail!

Thanks!
Trish
12/8/2005 11:02:16 AM
DB Merino Chunky Hi Melanie,
Yes, I`ve bought the DB Merino Chunky & I`m itch-phobic, too. It definitly is nice yarn; but, it`s not as soft as, say, DB Cashmerino or Jagear Extra fine Merino. Overall, I`d certainly give it an above average on softness compared to all usual merino wool yarn, and it has great stitch definition.

Personally, I`m using it only for sweaters and items that one wears a blouse under--but I told you I was wool itch phobic.

That`s my two cents,
Trish
Yes, I`ve bought the DB Merino Chunky & I`m itch-phobic, too. It definitly is nice yarn; but, it`s not as soft as, say, DB Cashmerino or Jagear Extra fine Merino. Overall, I`d certainly give it an above average on softness compared to all usual merino wool yarn, and it has great stitch definition.

Personally, I`m using it only for sweaters and items that one wears a blouse under--but I told you I was wool itch phobic.

That`s my two cents,
Trish

That`s my two cents,
Trish
12/21/2005 5:55:36 AM
Better put on my asbetos knickers --- I like 35`s + B Print HI Theresa!
I recently knit a cardigan from a Rowan pattern book in Biggie Print. It used 8 skeins and size 35 needles. I was motivated by the photo in the book and the gorgeous yarn color--it was called "cookie dough" and looked so much like it that it just about made me salivate!

I made a complete sleeve in ONE quarter of Monday Night football. I also converted the lower body of the cardigan to have no side seams-- ie I did the left front, back, and right front as one piece.

I did feel like I was working with PVC pipe instead of knitting needles, but it was still fun.

All that said, I need to note that big & bulky tops may not be flattering in larger figures. I think I had good luck because I made the cardigan in the yarn and exact color shown in the pattern book.
12/21/2005 5:59:37 AM
Anyone Tried Quick Sticks? HI Theresa!
I recently knit a cardigan from a Rowan pattern book in Biggie Print. It used 8 skeins and size 35 needles. I was motivated by the photo in the book and the gorgeous yarn color--it was called "cookie dough" and looked so much like it that it just about made me salivate!

I made a complete sleeve in ONE quarter of Monday Night football. I also converted the lower body of the cardigan to have no side seams-- ie I did the left front, back, and right front as one piece.

I did feel like I was working with PVC pipe instead of knitting needles, but it was still fun.

All that said, I need to note that big & bulky tops may not be flattering in larger figures. I think I had good luck because I made the cardigan in the yarn and exact color shown in the pattern book.
12/21/2005 6:01:48 AM
Better put on my asbetos knickers --- I like 35`s + B Print Sorry everyone! I erroneously posted this as a new topic, instead of a reply to Theresa. I`ve now cut&pasted it onto her thread.
My apologies. . .
1/19/2006 9:10:47 AM
Someone has to help me-- I have a son who looks great in mossy, foresty, BDU-ish greens --- so I`m here and available to exploit if anyone has any they`d like to dump! And I`m not a ranger yarn dieter

He He!
:-)
Trish
1/19/2006 6:18:22 PM
Someone has to help me-- bets----

Just joking anyway bets--- but, I AM impressed with all the rangers` fortitude

Someone should email me and let me know the `normal` amount of stash---maybe mine is within normal limits!! maybe...
1/26/2006 10:03:59 AM
Optimal stash size--- a poll Hello sage yarn-lovers!

What`s the best stash size to be able to mentally keep track of (and use!) your stashed yarn. What`s your opinion?

Please DO NOT tell me what your stash size currently is! (It`s not a contest.)

But, knowing what you know now, what`s the best size to actually get all your stashed projects done while leaving space to expand and exploit super-deals on elann.com?

Your personal opinion, please?

Trish

To start things off, IMO, I`d say five - six pullover- sweater-size projects is optimal. (This is not my stash size now.) --For me, that`s a # of projects that I can keep in my head.)
2/16/2006 6:14:30 PM
My Trafford Sublime came in today! And guess who returned it, bets...Me!
I thought you might catch it when it was received--- I did keep all my Tumbleweed Sublime shade though :-).

Enjoy!
Trish
2/16/2006 6:21:12 PM
My Trafford Sublime came in today! Also, I was going to post and tell you that I was returning it; but, I thought you were on the Yarn diet, and didn`t want to drive you crazy.
3/3/2006 9:07:37 AM
Dear Elann Customer Service, Do you plan to carry Knitting Pure & Simple`s New Wrap (Ballet)Cardigan Top Down, Pattern #263. Should be available next week....

Thanks!
Trish
3/6/2006 6:23:13 AM
Simple tastes bets,
It`s an extra fine merino wool yarn--
What stitch definition and it feels great through my fingers and itchless against the skin!
3/6/2006 6:24:23 AM
Simple tastes oops! mis-posted! I`ll repost under bets` thread.
3/6/2006 7:13:00 PM
Great News! Bed & Breakfast Patterns on the Way!!! I`m in!
I`ll email you now.
Thanks, Benne!
Trish
3/15/2006 5:21:02 AM
Advice for my first cable project Good Morning Everyone!

Do you all have a suggestion or favorite book or pattern for a first time cable project?
I enjoy knitting without cables; but, would like to delve into a simple, functional project.

Thanks for your time,
Trish
3/15/2006 5:21:02 AM

Do you all have a suggestion or favorite book or pattern for a first time cable project?
I enjoy knitting without cables; but, would like to delve into a simple, functional project.

Thanks for your time,
Trish
3/15/2006 5:22:14 AM

Thanks for your time,
Trish
3/15/2006 5:22:14 AM

Thanks for your time,
Trish
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22