benne - all messages by user

11/28/2003 4:09:12 PM
another lurker comes clean Hi, I`m new to posting but have been reading for months.I finally decided to take the leap and introduce myself. I`m a baby boomer who loves to knit and am trying to improve my skills. My lys had closed, I live in the boonies in rural Tennessee and I had not knit in several years. After the online shops became available I decided heck, I have all these cool needles and books, what am I waiting on? BUY YARN AND LOTS OF IT IMMEDIATELY!!! So I did and in the process discovered Elann and all of you and I`m thrilled. What a great group. Anyway, I just wanted to say hello so I could stop feeling like a sneaky little eavesdropper.BTW, my yarn stash is totally out of control but I KNOW I can tell all of you that without shame.
11/28/2003 4:13:04 PM
Ebay Purchase Hi Patricia, I read your email with interest because I had purchased from same seller one week ago and was waiting on my Ab Fab kit. It arrived today,so I can`t figure out why yours is taking so long. Can it be traced with the postal service over here or over there with shipping #? Good luck with it.
11/28/2003 8:47:25 PM
Ebay Purchase Hi Patricia,
I ordered my kit on 11/21 and received it today. I too am not happy that politics inappropriately entered into your situation. I sure do wish you luck with your kit. It is an expensive kit and I know you are disappointed that you have not received it.
11/30/2003 1:41:59 PM
Has any one seen a hunter green......? Hi Bets,
Brown Sheep makes a worsted yarn called Cotton Fleece which is 80%pima cotton and 20% merino wool, skein size 215 yds,hand wash,size 6 needles,$7.50 skein. I saw it in the Patternworks catalog. Have you looked at Tahki Cotton Classic? It`s machine wash,$4.50 skein,108 yds per,and they have several shades of green. I know,I know,my MIL`s favorite colors are peach and beige.
11/30/2003 1:59:42 PM
passing it on Hi everyone,thousht you might like to hear about my CCD class (cathetical classes) at my church. I teach the teenagers (I`ve had them since they were in 2nd grade and most will graduate this year-yikes,all my chicks are grown up. Anyway, I have always done lots of crafts,sewing - machine and hand- type stuff with them. The girls asked me to teach them to knit and crochet so this morning I took a bunch of my ancient stash (not the really good stuff) and crochet needles.I also took painting projects for the guys. At the beginning of class I announced I would be teaching crochet and those who weren`t interested could paint Christmas ornaments for the nursing home patients. Everyone wanted to crochet and they boys really got into it! To tell the truth they were better than the girls. The real capper is everyone asked if they could take their yarn and needles home with them to work on it this week! What a blast. My great uncle made gorgeous tatted lace so I`m not too shocked about their ability but their wish to learn. My Irish and Scottish grandmothers taught me to spin,sew,tat,quilt,crochet and knit and I was surprised to learn that most of these kids mothers do not know how to crochet or knit.Now the mothers are asking me to teach them too. It made me all the more grateful for the time and love my grandmothers invested in me.
11/30/2003 5:02:46 PM
Has any one seen a hunter green......? Hi again,
I`ve never used Brown Sheep. See why I need you all so much, great info and enablers too! As if I needed that. I`m making my daughters (in their 30`s, yeah I really was a child bride)tops and shawls in the Austermann Cleopatra. Silver/Black. The yarn feels really odd to me. I hope it`s not itchy. It works up nicely but is kind of a pain. I don`t think I would buy it again unless they make it in peach.lol
B
11/30/2003 9:08:33 PM
Has any one seen a hunter green......? Yes,I confess,I made up for lost time and got it in red,silvery gray and black.What a great idea for the itch test. Now I guess I have to get some sweatshirts with collars and try it.
B
12/1/2003 6:09:05 AM
Has any one seen a hunter green......? Bets, et al

Now I really do feel guilty but my daughters will look so divine wearing it. I have been buying here for months and I have never seen anything go so fast, the #`s were changing as I was ordering and it was gone,gone,gone in a millisecond. Bets,I promise to leave you some of today`s yarn. I have so many WIP I feel like Van Gogh.
12/1/2003 9:31:33 PM
Has any one seen a hunter green......? Bets.
I did NOT buy 30 skeins,only reason-I ran out of yarn money first. YOu can still move in though, I have always wanted a sister, and one who knits - heaven! No way anything I buy ends up on ebay. I`m too busy trying to knit up my stash to drive twenty miles round trip to the post office and mail it.Seriously, I think you may be right about where some of it goes. I realize when I was whining about Cleo being a pain to work with and feeling odd, you must have been gnashing your teeth and calling me an ungrateful little "something" (your choice of noun here.)It helped a lot when I changed from my Addis to bamboo. It is beautiful knitted up and I promise if it shows up again to stand back and let you at it. You`ll be proud to know that your enabling helped me to buy some of today`s black. No,not thirty skeins, just enough for one little measly sweater.
B
12/2/2003 6:34:35 AM
Has any one seen a hunter green......? Hi Bets,
I can be B2 if you like, after all you were here first.I will try the carrier yarn next time. The Cleo has worked out OK but I am grateful I have not had to knit backwards or pick up any dropped stitches thus far. I think the Harlekin sample is the aubergine/purple. It is beautiful. I`m sure you need some. I am like Scullyknits, love the flash, a real yarn wild child.
12/2/2003 9:14:41 AM
Has any one seen a hunter green......? Hi,
Gotta know what scrumptious yarn you got on ebay and what you will make up with it. Is it flashy?...be still my beating heart.
Benne
12/3/2003 3:10:55 PM
Arrival Patricia,

Hooray! I`m so glad your kit arrived after all. I don`t know where you live but I wonder if mine arrived so fast since I live near a very small town and it could get sorted out sooner than yours did. Anyway, I know what you mean about not getting done all you`ve dreamed of, I have visions of knitted things dancing in my head and I am afraid that`s where they`ll stay for a while. Enjoy your kit!
Benne
12/10/2003 5:34:49 AM
hELP Hi Patricia,
If you`re having a senior moment, I am too. I puzzled over this, knitted it several ways and either came out one stitch short or one stitch too many. I finally put it away until after Christmas because of WIPS for gifts. I got out all of my books and tried to figure it out. I`ve made a lot of scallop and feather and fan stitch items and I`ve never had this problem. I wondered if it was a difference in European terms. Please post what you find out. If we can`t get info I am going to make my own sequence. As a sage here intoned, "after all, it IS my blankie!"
HELP Hi Patricia,
If you`re having a senior moment, I am too. I puzzled over this, knitted it several ways and either came out one stitch short or one stitch too many. I finally put it away until after Christmas because of WIPS for gifts. I got out all of my books and tried to figure it out. I`ve made a lot of scallop and feather and fan stitch items and I`ve never had this problem. I wondered if it was a difference in European terms. Please post what you find out. If we can`t get info I am going to make my own sequence. As a sage here intoned, "after all, it IS my blankie!"
Help Hi Patricia,
Help Hi Patricia,
Help Hi Patricia,
12/10/2003 10:23:52 AM
Help Patricia,
Now I feel like getting it out again and giving it one more shot-hate to let anything get the best of me. I`ll let you know if I figure the___thing out. Great that Colinette was so helpful. The yarn is so yummy I couldn`t wait to start on it and I really felt the fool since they said is was easy!
Benne
Help Patricia,
Now I feel like getting it out again and giving it one more shot-hate to let anything get the best of me. I`ll let you know if I figure the___thing out. Great that Colinette was so helpful. The yarn is so yummy I couldn`t wait to start on it and I really felt the fool since they said is was easy!
Benne
Help Patricia,
Benne
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25... Last