bets - all messages by user

10/25/2003 1:25:39 AM
knitting pattern Hi-

There`s one in the August 2003 Knit `n Style called "Continental Divide" which is a men`s sweater with diffferent sized squares that "checkerboard" up the front. I know this because I just knit it up. Another place to look is at your library. See if they have any Rowan books.

Good Luck!
Bets
10/25/2003 1:25:39 AM
Knitting Pattern Hi-

There`s one in the August 2003 Knit `n Style called "Continental Divide" which is a men`s sweater with diffferent sized squares that "checkerboard" up the front. I know this because I just knit it up. Another place to look is at your library. See if they have any Rowan books.

Good Luck!
Bets
10/27/2003 3:04:37 AM
What are you working on this week? Hi-
I think it`s funny when the "head office" dictates policy and they are so off the mark! Sheesh! When I was in Alaska, our office in Hawaii dictated the snow removal policy, so ridiculous comes in more than one form. Fortunately, Christmas IS coming, and people can "gift" those projects. My husband is from Ft. Meyers, I think a pillow cover or even an afghan would be more appropriate!

Bets
10/27/2003 3:14:21 AM
jessica simpson shawl If you can refer us to a website with a photo, maybe we can help?

bets
10/27/2003 3:24:25 AM
Thursday is a great day in the knitting zone! Oh, sadly I cannot take the train to Islip! (But if we were in Britain I would...I noticed all the names were British!)
I am going to TKGA conference in Houston...my only beef is the expense of the hotel room-it cuts into my yarn money in a BIG way! (Not that I need any!) But it`s nice to hang out with like-minded people.
I`m going to designer day on Thurs, MARKET is Thursday night, and then I have a slip stitch class on Friday. Then a 4 hour drive home. (Didn`t really want a slip stitch class, figured I`d go because I have the chance and could learn something!) I am excited-heck, escully and I met for supper last month, and THAT was great, imagine being around more! I mean really, how many people have you actually seen knit? Unless you are at such an event, or your LYS, not many, I`ll bet!

Bets
10/27/2003 3:32:08 AM
Who taught you how to knit? In my case it was my mom, who would pour thru Japanese pattern books, then camp in a recliner until her project was done...she knit these fabulous cabled dresses in the early 70s, unfortunately, she was also very frugal, and used bargain yarns in harvest gold and orange. Ick. But I remember wearing them, they fit nicely, oh, just the color. I remember knitting a dust mitt in Girl Scouts as a Mother`s Day gift (Who came up with THAT as a good idea?) but I didn`t really pick up the needles on my own until I was a young adult in the mid `80s. Since then, I`ve tried to teach a few people, but not many people have the same passion for textiles that I do.

Your turn-
Bets
10/27/2003 7:06:06 PM
Yarn shopping in London Hi-

Depends on what a good deal is. First, you have do go to Liberty. It`s the law (LOL!). Then you have to go to Debenhams, and John Lewis. Colinette yarns are cheaper in the UK, of course, and so is anything Rowan, but the other thing to look for is the oddballs that the shops are clearing out. I don`t remember if Harrod`s has a department or not, I don`t think so, because I would have kicked up on THAT. My favorite shop by the British Museum is closed, but go to the museum anyhow, because it`s free/by donation. Also go to V & A because it`s worth it. Lucky you!

Bets
10/27/2003 7:08:58 PM
I am new Hey Pam, I was reading about H. F. and the fabulous "cut" of her garments...which I can`t really see on a page. Do you like the way she thinks? (And now that you`ve finished it, if someone just dropped a kit in your lap, would you do cartwheels or swap it?)

Bets
10/27/2003 7:08:58 PM
I am new Hey Pam, I was reading about H. F. and the fabulous "cut" of her garments...which I can`t really see on a page. Do you like the way she thinks? (And now that you`ve finished it, if someone just dropped a kit in your lap, would you do cartwheels or swap it?)

Bets
10/27/2003 7:12:15 PM
discounted imported wools on Elann Hi Ann-

I liked the Skyline. It`s nice. Fact of the matter is, they get nice stuff in here all the time, and if it`s fabulous, you`d better buy it quick!

The other thing to consider is buying a bottle of Eucalan-you add some to the washer, fill it up, let your sweater sit, then spin it out. That`s all. (No, this is not a paid announcement!!!!) It`s good stuff!

welcome!
10/27/2003 7:15:52 PM
Weblog Oh, I see the "Betsy keep out" sign on the door. There`s a lot I`m for, and a lot I`m against, but all I know is, when I get rich, I`m starting my own country where people have to use their turn signals and play nice with each other. OR ELSE I`M VOTING THEM OFF THE ISLAND, AND THEY DON`T GET ANY PUBLICITY!!

Just LMK when you have new projects to show off, k?

B
10/27/2003 7:22:17 PM
Good Vibrations! Hi-
I`ve noticed promotions, new jobs, new contracts, new, new, new work-related things have been falling out of the skies this past month. I hope this one is IT for your husband-nothing like getting called for an interview just so they have the correct "body-count" of resumes needed in order to select. I`ve felt THAT pain.
I know that this sounds like crazy voodoo crap, but we`re gearing up for the year of the Monkey (Yahoo! Ok, I think the Asians got it spot on on their horoscopes, not the white folks!)

(Course he could always join the military-we need behavioral scientists!)
Love you Eileen, and LMAO!
Bets
10/27/2003 7:28:29 PM
Took the plunge Hi-

Oooh, I can`t wait to see this. Did Bonnie bully you, or was it the scary lady? (All, we`ve decided one lady at our LYS has a really mean contenance, but she cut me a good deal last time I was there.) I think Bonnie`s been wanting a reason to carry it anyhow. I can`t wait to see how this garment turns out!
Bets
10/27/2003 7:32:55 PM
Thursday is a great day in the knitting zone! Hi-
I looked, but since there are a LOT of places in Texas that are so poorly engineered (no easy way to get there from here...) and my class starts right after rush hour, and I`ve never been there, I wimped out. Not like I need any more yarn, not like I`m not on a budget, but I`ve gone to conferences with cheese and crackers before. I had a budget trip to Denmark one time-McD`s was a 6 dollar meal (in 1989!) and I had taken a box of those Kraft plastiky cheese and cracker kits-haven`t eaten one since.

Eileen, go to Kohl`s online before you go to bed early in the a.m. THOSE are some deals!
B
10/28/2003 5:37:55 PM
Yarn shopping in London Hi-
Yes, Eileen, John Lewis has Sirdar and Colinette. Debbie Bliss HAS a shop in London, I just don`t know where it is.

I think if you go to the "knitting Universe" website (sponsored by Knitter`s magazine) they have a "where to shop guide" which is not all inclusive, by any means. Just about any "good" department store with a housewares department will have a yarn shop.

B
10/28/2003 7:04:41 PM
One magazine subscription you couldn`t live without? Hands down, Knitters, without a doubt. I like Interweave, I like VK in theory-but I really don`t make much out of it-I think they live on some other planet, I don`t like FCEK (FECK I HATE FCEK, Eileen ha ha ha!) Knit & Style is dicey, but they have manufacturer`s patterns, so you could theoretically make a few of the latest and only buy one magazine.

Bets
10/28/2003 7:05:58 PM
Onlinie Evita Sweater I got the sample, Eileen, and I am dreadfully tempted. If I wasn`t going to Houston tomorrow, I would purchase, because the swatches seemed nice.

B
10/28/2003 7:08:33 PM
I am new Not to be an alarmist Freda, but keep your stuff by the door, we want to see you safe.
B
10/28/2003 7:08:33 PM
I am new Not to be an alarmist Freda, but keep your stuff by the door, we want to see you safe.
B
10/28/2003 7:20:41 PM
Who taught you how to knit? And you will laugh at me, then, because when I was little I would check those books out of the library and teach myself. I would be a terrific domestic goddess except I`m rather a slob!

LOL
B
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25... Last