bets - all messages by user

10/17/2003 10:04:22 PM
knitter`s magazine Gregg-

Hi, how are you doing this week? If I have this right, it`s Skacel La Spezia. Freda, is it the Ridges and Bridges sweater? It`s a traditional fisherman (I want to say Guernsey, but I`m not sure that`s right) and the gauge is 24X34 on 4mms in a k4, p2 stitch.
10/17/2003 10:04:22 PM
Knitter`s Magazine Gregg-

Hi, how are you doing this week? If I have this right, it`s Skacel La Spezia. Freda, is it the Ridges and Bridges sweater? It`s a traditional fisherman (I want to say Guernsey, but I`m not sure that`s right) and the gauge is 24X34 on 4mms in a k4, p2 stitch.
10/18/2003 7:03:59 AM
Project suggestion-because I am a dork! I bought the remaining "sweet potato" Skyline, a ball of creme, a pattern for the Juliet cap they have here, and a ball of some coordinating hairy stuff. Since I am STILL due for 2 turkish rib mobiuses (mobui?) this week, Miss One Note Samba (that is just jumpin up and down) still looking for other stuff. You are the cheerleader, and oddly enough, this movie is CALLED cheer up! I wanted to make something for DD too.
10/18/2003 7:06:12 AM
knitter`s magazine Freda, I happened to be looking at my order page, and realized that Elann had that yarn this past summer. It was a nice, tightly twisted cotton, but there was nothing SPECIAL about it! It should be easy enough to sub.
10/18/2003 7:06:12 AM
Knitter`s Magazine Freda, I happened to be looking at my order page, and realized that Elann had that yarn this past summer. It was a nice, tightly twisted cotton, but there was nothing SPECIAL about it! It should be easy enough to sub.
10/19/2003 5:44:57 AM
Knitter`s Magazine Freda, if you want a swatch of that yarn, I think I have a little left.

Bets
10/19/2003 5:44:57 AM
knitter`s magazine Freda, if you want a swatch of that yarn, I think I have a little left.

Bets
10/19/2003 8:51:19 AM
Posting photos Fran-
I`ve often wondered the same thing-how to do this thing I LOVE for profit. I did sell a quilt I made, but it paid for itself, and that`s about all. I`ve been paying attention to my state`s film comission web page (which is how I found out about the "extra" slots) because I read they are always looking for extra help, and you could check in wardrobe and such.

My other suggestion is to look at bazaars and local "shows". Is there a women`s show, or a gift show at a local ampitheatre? Perhaps a table at the Junior League Fall Bazaar would cost less than a kiosk at the mall, and then you aren`t committed for the month, either.

The other thing I`ve been thinking about (because I live in Texas, where Church = football) is doing things in team colors. If you live near a major university, you might case their shop to see if it`s a likely market.

I, too, would like to hear how someone else has made it pay, and not sweatshop wages either.

Bets
10/20/2003 2:25:24 AM
Question.......... Hi-

I know, I had to hunt her down to. I believe my LYS has some, I will check. Which book is it? The one with the woman and the eyepatch-with the dragon sweater? I ended up buying mine off of e-bay, because my shop wanted so much for the book.

I think her designs are about the most knittable ones that Rowan ever paid for-they look cool, but they are pretty straight forward.

regards-

bets
10/20/2003 2:29:16 AM
GIFT Hi Joyce-
Berrocco had one, but I haven`t seen it lately. Have a look at the White Buffalo leaflets on this site, because I believe they had one also.

Betd
10/20/2003 5:52:56 PM
Bleugh! Eileen-

When you drink too much coffee, take a nap! That usually fixes me right up.

Not even going to touch the felting issue with a ten foot pole-but if you are feeling froggy, you could crochet up a few odds and ends and throw them in with some jeans and see what happens.

Regards-
B
10/21/2003 8:35:30 PM
Photos of the Blankie!! Hey Eileen-

That looks terrific-I`ll bet he was just floored to get it! The intarsia looks great, if Fran hadn`t asked "how to," I certainly would have.

Don`t be so certain you are the only one who struggles with finishing. I sew a lot of mine up by machine if I think I can get away with it. I have one sweater that`s been done since April that needs to be finished...(make that 2) and the "making up" is kicking my butt!

Good going!

Bets
10/22/2003 3:20:09 AM
Dang, let`s start a new thread or two- Theresa-
I believe Tim KNOWS the power of positive thinking. You had put in a much earlier post that he thought it terrible that other moms didn`t make snuggly socks for their kids.
Our eldest suddenly figured out self-fulfilling prophecy last year...she wasn`t sure her on-time rate improved when she quit wearing her "Always Tardy" t-shirt, but she knew her teachers were less likely to pull out the detention slips.

If God sends a baby, cool. If not, buy a dog. Modern life is odd like that-but so what. If Ashton Kutchner can propose to Demi Moore (sorry, don`t think it`s good-when she`s 60, he`ll be in his early 40s, and THAT`S not good-this must be lust accompanied by a whole lot of publicity) then I maintain that you can do pretty much whatever you want! Hoping it all goes well for you!
10/24/2003 2:55:02 AM
Knitting in a plane Dear Tanya-

I`ve had knitting in my bag also, and it`s not a problem, but I too had projects on plastic needles. Nail clippers are a good substitute for scissors, but usually I don`t need them.
B
10/24/2003 3:02:33 AM
What are you working on this week? Hi-
Eileen, what gorgeous project are you on this week? Fran, are you still on scarves? Theresa? Greg? Christina? Everyone? Anyone?

I`m working on Adrienne Vittadini Fall `03 number 13, which is an easy-peasy slash-necked pullover in pink (ok, smushed rasberry sherbert) L`amour, which is merino and angora and looks felted when knit up.
B
10/24/2003 3:05:11 AM
What are you working on this week? Oh, yes, Patricia, did you sort out the arms and shoulders on granddaughter`s sweater?

I gave my aunt her pink mohair mobius in mock Turkish rib, and she liked it. That yarn is nice!
10/24/2003 3:10:24 AM
knitter`s magazine Hi-

Of course you want to make the sweater, the taupe/grey one, right? La Spezia? I am saying if you want a few yards of the yarn to take to your LYS to find a substitute, I`ll be glad to mail you some, as I have leftovers. betsymamo@earthlink.net
10/24/2003 3:10:24 AM
Knitter`s Magazine Hi-

Of course you want to make the sweater, the taupe/grey one, right? La Spezia? I am saying if you want a few yards of the yarn to take to your LYS to find a substitute, I`ll be glad to mail you some, as I have leftovers. betsymamo@earthlink.net
10/24/2003 5:28:04 PM
What are you working on this week? Christina, I am going to the TKGA show in Houston next week, do you "need" anything? Also wanted to let you know I got some Colinette seconds from e-bay, and I think they`re fine. I`ll show you the week after next. But if you need something, e-mail me.

B
10/24/2003 5:31:21 PM
What are you working on this week? Bravo Fran,
Glad there`s something in the list for you! That Pingiuon (oh the spelling!) that Patricia and I are raving about is GREAT for the price.
B
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25... Last