bets - all messages by user

10/15/2003 8:37:33 PM
A Senior Moment??? No, bad instructions. Which size are you making?

Just guessing, but I`m thinking your division must be 30/10/30. What do the instructions say for the side you AREN`t working on?
I would GUESS
Cast off 8, work 22, cast off 20, work 30.
Cast off 8, work 22. Join new ball, work 22.

You will have a similar row with 5 coming off each side of the neck edge.

More info please!

Bets
10/16/2003 4:13:56 PM
A Senior Moment??? hahahahahahahah!

Love ya anyhow! It`s gonna get better, you just aren`t allowed to fast forward.

Bets
10/16/2003 4:19:22 PM
Posting photos Hi!

Miss Eileen, Elann has just informed me that they`ve tried to thank you for website photos, but your mail keeps bouncing.

I sent in two last night. Please ignore the large porcelain bowl in one of them-or just point and laugh, and know that yes, I have those days too.

As for the rest of you, Eileen and I are the only two brave enough to send something in. One of my photos is of Alice`s Mobius, which is done, and looks fab on my photogenic kiddo.

So I`m scolding you for not playing well. Participate, y`all!
10/16/2003 5:41:26 PM
DSIL`s Gift Hi-

I just went looking for my copy of VK, and it`s out wandering the streets right this minute. (I need to get organized!) The only thing I am certain of it that it is pre-1986. I beleive the girl has a rust blend sweater on the cover. The joke is, it`s pretty dang sad that we have to go back to the 80s to find the right dang sweater!
10/16/2003 5:46:16 PM
Posting photos Look, I`m the one who`s brave enough to send in a picture that includes my potty!!! (If anyone wants to crop that, it is ok with me!) I`m hoping you`ll be blown away by my glorious sweater modeled by my grumpy husband!
10/16/2003 7:39:42 PM
Posting photos Eileen, she said it would be a few weeks. I got my latest yarn order in, the one I was gong to make "Moonlight" with---and they were sold out! Argghh! I was excited about it, now...I just get to use something I already own. Sigh (grin!)

B
10/16/2003 7:45:43 PM
Done, done, done - to quote Bets! ok. So DO smash the ends together! Yes, all I did was spin a few yards, then knit it into a bag, which I promptly felted.

Speaking of the world owes WHO a living???? DD got her first speeding ticket today...we`ve been warning her for WEEKS about a speed trap they`ve got going-she`s always tossed her head, and said-"I`ll just take the class." It didn`t dawn on her that the JUDGE decides who takes it and who pays. Oh it`s hell when your parents are always right!
10/16/2003 7:47:57 PM
Posting photos He`s always grumpy. Both him AND my dog. Wonder how THAT happened? (Maybe it`s me????) The potty is incidental, but see, already you can`t wait to see my picture!!!! ha ha
10/16/2003 7:50:27 PM
How do I increase the size of a pattern? Well, I could just knit it for you, because I never can make gauge.

(kidding, but rueful)
Christina`s right, do watch the details to make sure they still fit.

Let us know how it works-
10/16/2003 7:53:39 PM
DSIL`s Gift Waiting for you to hurry up and finish small guy`s red toed socks, get busy on this gift, and produce some peektures, Missy! I am tapping my toes!

All I have is a Bond, and frankly, I don`t LIKE rib done on it.
10/16/2003 7:56:34 PM
Dang, let`s start a new thread or two- Cuz some of these are getting REALLY long!
10/17/2003 2:57:49 AM
DSIL`s Gift Small boy has a kind heart. It`s hard to want socks at all when you are a small boy!

Luck luck luck!
B
10/17/2003 3:03:08 AM
Posting photos Theresa, don`t buy ANYTHING, I am sure that you own it already. I, on the other hand, really DON`T own a sufficient quantity of anything to make "moonlight" I have yarn, just nothing in the 1600 yds of DK that I need to make this project. I`ve been searching-and there`s nothing sufficiently "oooh, pretty" to make this. Wish some more "Malta" would fall from the sky, or something.
10/17/2003 4:36:11 PM
Photos Darla,

Elann is preparing a site for photos of our projects. They ask that the scan/photos be less than 100KB (I think) If you go back to the middle of last week, look for a post from ACB. We`d love to see what you`ve been working on! I think the addie is info@elann.com, but please double check.

Bets
10/17/2003 8:22:58 PM
knitter`s magazine I went and checked Freda, it`s just a sport weight. (Actually, I wanted to see what you were drooling over!) It seems to be a very basic yarn, you should be able to substitute.

Bets
10/17/2003 8:22:58 PM
Knitter`s Magazine I went and checked Freda, it`s just a sport weight. (Actually, I wanted to see what you were drooling over!) It seems to be a very basic yarn, you should be able to substitute.

Bets
10/17/2003 8:23:31 PM
Jo Sharp DK Tweed Enabler! I won`t look!

Winking!

Bets
10/17/2003 8:23:31 PM
Jo sharp DK tweed Enabler! I won`t look!

Winking!

Bets
10/17/2003 8:45:14 PM
Dang, let`s start a new thread or two- Theresa, what project is it? #6? eww, I already HAVE swimmer`s shoulders, it`s not like I need to pad them.

On the subject of thin Christmases...I TRIED to get my MIL to lead for a "talent" Christmas, where people have to pick a name, and give the recipient something you cannot buy in a store. I like it when people make me stuff. As long as there are a bunch of cookies and some music, there`s still room for a lot of heart, and less....crap?!! Yes.

You and I are the same age-I married DH, who came w/ 2 small girls, who are not small anymore. I think that some days, family is HARD, and we forget to look for the shiny bits. Maybe small boy would like a Harry Potter sweater instead? (Not to lengthen the project list or anything!)

Malta is a Schoeller/Esslinger yarn Elann carried this past year-all cotton with little rayon threads that bounce a little light back. It`s also where my DH`s family is from.

B
10/17/2003 8:54:12 PM
Project suggestion-because I am a dork! No, make that a BIG dork! A HUUUUGGGE dork! I decided that since I`m never gonna be a movie star, at least I should try to be an extra. So I signed up today as an extra (Thanksgiving weekend) I, of course, want to make my knitting debut, and need to decide quickly, what cool thing I want to knit up.

I will be at a University of Texas football game. Their colors are white and burnt orange (Think smashed sweet potato...a color that does not flatter me in the least.) What`s a quick, inexpensive project? Of course, I may give this to my niece or next-door neighbor (both alumni) when done, as this color does not exist on my planet.

Your dork-meters must be pegging!!!! Yikes!
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25... Last