bets - all messages by user

1/24/2004 5:07:17 AM
How To Get $ for Peruvian Addiction You know, I thought about this after I posted. What the HECK is your problem?????

Gosh Chick, if you had paid attention in school you would KNOW that the USDA thinks Americans don`t get enough fiber! Aren`t you supposed to get 30-40 grams per day? Listen up, you are doing this for your family`s health, it is SO IMPORTANT to get enough FIBER!!!!! Adequate fiber lowers cholesterol, stabilizes blood pressure, keeps everyone ...well, you know!

So that`s 40 grams per family member per day....and there are at least 3 people in your family...according to my calculation, you need a minimum of 16 balls per week to maintain your health!) ;-)
1/24/2004 8:00:28 PM
How To Get $ for Peruvian Addiction Hey-I went out and told my husband that you are gonna pimp your husbands to buy yarn, and that Benne was gonna get rid of one of her dogs, and asked him what he was gonna do so we could keep up. (In the mean time, the dog got a scared look on her face and curled up under the milk bone canister....)

After he got done calling us yarn dorks, he offered to buy us an alpaca.

Bets
1/24/2004 11:23:04 PM
auxiliary thread Hi-

Big deep yoga breaths here, it`s gonna be ok. I got out my copy of "The Knitter`s book of finishing techniques" by Nancie Wiseman, and here`s the deal...it`s the kid sweater, right? The purpose of this type of cast on-for a contrasting rib or border later, or to work in a opposite direction later...so

Get a piece of contasting yarn in a similar weight-scrap or "waste" yarn is fine...crochet a loose chain of 51 st + a few extra, "close" the chain, cut the yarn and tie a knot in the end you just finished (so you`ll know where to pull it out easier later.) Turn the chain over, insert your right needle into the loop in the back of the chain and "knit on" (pick up) a stitch WITH THE LUISA, or whatever...if it gets too tight, you can skip one, because you made your chain too big, so it`s no problem.

When you go to take it out, start s l o w l y at the end you knotted, and pull out the thread one stitch at a time, putting your stitches onto a needle.

If you twisted your chain, you`ll need to pick it out bit by bit, but otherwise, it should come out easily.

I think this is so you can put a picot edge on the sleeve and hem. Read further down in the finishing and see.

This should help you out. Keep your eyes peeled for this book, it`s very complete and clear. We want to see pictures when you are done!

Betsy
1/24/2004 11:30:39 PM
yarn addict Are you kidding, I still have stuff I bought from Karstadt from my first tour there, and my second, and NOW the stuff from elann. I envy you because you have good sweater weather! I got MAD one Saturday after I`d come back because I couldn`t go to my favorite yarn buying place!

Bets
1/24/2004 11:41:05 PM
MacChicklet and the ballet sweater Oh, it wasn`t enough that the local yarn store had Elite star and a cute Sirdar Daisy sweater pattern for little girls that I HAD to have today...nooooo, we also have to see this cutie pie in her ballet sweater and Patricia and I will break our necks trying to make these for our DGDs! MacChickie, I am now compelled to make one of these too! Sheesh, give me some time to catch up! BTW, did you get the flyer with Tuesday`s yarn in it? I think the Geisha will be ADORABLE in this pattern!

B
1/25/2004 7:58:23 AM
lack Bers Head for my next sweater. Hi!

Check in copy of "the tap dancing lizard" for a chart. (I think they also have a website) They chart EVERYTHING.

Bets
1/25/2004 8:08:49 AM
yarn addict Hi-

Jean, I am trying to think of where you are, and you are 45 min east of Frankfurt, right? The Opal Sock yarn folks have a factory outlet south of you....I have never been there, but I remember reading something....(heck, I remember they used to MAIL me stuff in those little mail order envelopes) and that may be worth looking at. Karstadt in Frankfurt ought to be good, and if you can go to the magazine handler, you can pick up German copies of Rebecca and (don`t remember the title) Lana Grossa magazines, and they always list stockists in their magazines.

You aren`t REALLY far from Bayreuth, are you? I MISS the Kaiser factory! Just box THAT up for me!

You holler if you need something...since you`ve been before, there`s probably not much, but if anyone misses hot peppers from South Texas, I`m your connection!

Betsy
1/25/2004 8:19:50 AM
Hello Hi Sharon!

Now that you`ve found us, you`ll find we NEVER shut up!

Welcome!
Betsy
Hello Hi Sharon!

Welcome!
Betsy
Hello Hi Sharon!

Welcome!
Betsy
Hello Hi Sharon!

Welcome!
Betsy
Hello Hi Sharon!

Welcome!
Betsy
hello Hi Sharon!

Welcome!
Betsy
hello Hi Sharon!

Welcome!
Betsy
1/25/2004 8:29:52 AM
What are you working on this week (don`t be shy!) Hi!

Ok, what are you working on this week?

Myself, I am working on the Bistro shirt from Oat Couture in Reynold`s Cabana in a denim blue, which is easy-peasy, I STILL have to finish my MIL`s sweater, I have a kid`s sweater on the needles (sirdar DK), and I have some Positano I have to knit up. Oh, yeah, and Theresa is mailing me her Diamond Patch Sweater---something I have to tackle too...Those are the top things I am mostly likely to knit this week. Guess I`d better sign off and get busy.

What`s on your needles?

Betsy
1/25/2004 1:52:32 PM
How To Get $ for Peruvian Addiction Oh this is sad. My MIL GAVE us that clock. We threw it away already.

I like the alpaca idea, but the coyotes have been roaming lately, so maybe it would be easier to just put the husbands to work.

I think my overall strategy for 2004 is preety good, tho. Consider it a bill, and just pre-pay your account. Because it IS fiber, it should definitely come out of grocery money.

Oh, yeah...dance, music, sports lessons for kids? Nah, just park them in front of the tube....they can get slack-jawed and glassy eyed like the rest of the country.
B
1/26/2004 7:03:56 PM
How To Get $ for Peruvian Addiction Whoa, whoa....

At my house, being a "hoot" means you don`t have enough chest to work at Hooters, so you can only be a hoot.

A direct quote to one of the children from my loving husband.

(If my husband knew how much alpaca yarn actually SOLD for, he`d buy a few....maybe I`ll leave that article out.....)
1/26/2004 7:10:23 PM
De-stashing, or how to make room for the new stuff Hey, I like that scarf!

I`ve used the swap center here. The cool thing about THAT is that whoever is getting your yarn can just send you an Elann gift certificate in the agreed upon amount. That`s how I weaseled that Cleo out of Benne!
1/26/2004 7:15:42 PM
Fashionista Kittens Ah, finally, proof that Theresa really does knit!

Terrific picture Eileen, beautiful sweater and cutie pie model!

B
1/26/2004 7:20:55 PM
Colours? When I lived in Alaska, the land of freezing your butt off and perpetual darkness, I painted my north facing living room a pale PALE peach...almost white, but warm enough to give the impression of a sunny day.

A very USEFUL color.
B
pages: First ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37... Last