bets - all messages by user

1/16/2004 9:01:28 PM
Yarn Paradise Fibers for those Brown Sheep mill ends....
B
yarn Paradise Fibers for those Brown Sheep mill ends....
B
YARN Paradise Fibers for those Brown Sheep mill ends....
B
B
B
B
B
B
B
Yarn Paradise Fibers for those Brown Sheep mill ends....
B
1/16/2004 9:08:33 PM
knitting magazine gripes Oh, I`m sorry, I was not paying attention-MARTHA, I made a mistake.

My apologies,
B
1/19/2004 4:59:40 AM
Heidi C. Cotton Sweaters Wow Heidi-

Are you sure these are not the pictures that come out of the picture frames? (Quit trying to pass the family in your new wallet off as your own....LOL, kidding!) Gee, beautiful kids, perfect sweaters... what a fantastic job! They look great!

Betsy
1/19/2004 7:49:40 PM
Yarn and the joys of having it!! Yes, and today my husband went to the yarn store with me...and followed me around like stink on...well you know. When we got back out to the car, he said...you know, I wasn`t following you around to rush you, I just didn`t want anyone to see me in there without a woman!
Fortunately, I only spent 30.00 in there today.

(eyes rolling...so silly!)
Bets
1/21/2004 4:14:52 AM
Yarn and the joys of having it!! HA HA HA! Both of you make me laugh! My husband was a single dad for a while, and he used to threaten the girls in department stores....if you don`t behave, I`m taking you to the ladies undies department and putting a pair on my head, and then I`ll make sure everyone knows I`m your dad! So yes, I know.

Men SECRETLY want to feel pretty. My husband got an award at work a few months ago. On my way home, I stopped at Bath and Body works and bought him some cologne and stuff, all in "matching" fragrances-they have a few guy scents, and he was happy. So if your husband likes ties, Patricia, it`s because he has so few outlets to be expressive...let me know how the yarn board works! I can just see him RAIDING your stash.

I live 50 miles from the LYS, and BTW Patricia, isn`t there some place near...I`m sorry, you don`t live that far out in the boonies, do I need to ask my Lake County IL relatives where to send you? All I bought was some Cabana...I`d spent 150.00 two weeks ago at their half off sale, and it turns out I needed more yarn than the pattern stated for the Bistro Shirt by Oat Couture, so I was just making sure I didn`t run out...I really like that, but I can`t believe they want that much $$ for it.

Benne, you do film crew stuff for $$? My DD and I just sat in a crowd as extras a few months back. 18 months ago, when she decided to come live with us, she got spotted by one of those "take all your money" talent scouts in Dillards...she was bitterly disappointed and cried when we wouldn`t give them 1,000 to post her picture on their website for a year. The TX Gov`s film website has casting calls, so we drove allllll the way to Austin and sat in a football stadium as free extras (I had been waiting all my LIFE for hollywood to notice me, so I figured I`d better get on the stick!) for a crowd scene. Between the drive and the waiting, she was TOTALLY uninterested when they came around looking for PAID extras for the next weekend. I asked her later, she said she`d be more interested if it had been in San Antonio or Corpus...I am totally forgiven for not throwing my money away at that company! So do you travel around, or try to stay local? Next time work sends you to TX, you should speak up, and we`ll come visit you, and take you on a yarn tour!

Gotta go to work!

B
1/22/2004 3:48:21 AM
Yarn and the joys of having it!! I wrote a big long "thing" back at you guys, then the dial-up crapped out, so I`m gonna have to try this again tonight!

B
1/22/2004 3:51:33 AM
Happy Chinese New Year !!!!!!! Happy Year of the Monkey all!

This should be a good year for all Monkeys, Dragons and Rats-essentially, if your age at your birthday this year is divisible by 4, it oughta be good!

Bets, with her somewhat odd 2 cents this morning!
1/22/2004 7:57:31 PM
Translating knitting patterns Heather-
Pam was right, Bea is as nice as she can be. In addition, Schoolhouse Press (I believe) had a book (about 15.00) that was a knitting translation guide. I used it to get a grip on German patterns, but I seem to remember some nordic languages too. It wasn`t much help with Japanese tho.

I`ve had a LOT of practice going back from one language to another, and what may work-if you can find the knitting terms in a "begin to knit" book in that language, it should help a lot! they usually have the term, and then an illustration of the technique, so that, if you think about it, you are just learning new names for things you know how to do.

Happy Strick!

B

Betsy
1/22/2004 8:13:40 PM
Happy Chinese New Year !!!!!!! Ok all-

Lillian, thanks for the website, this gives your group a lot more credibility. Last year, they had some stupid sob story scam posted here. I will bookmark your link, so the next time I weed thru my stuff, I WILL make you guys a package.

Theresa-it seems to me small boy is a monkey, which means he likes to travel...perhaps we can widen his horizons this year? I`ll do what I can.

Benne, you proud, impetuous Dragon, you! 52 my eye, you are the luckiest sign! I am married to a Dragon, and have been told that Dragons and Rats (me) are a partnership star-tipped for happiness, which is good, because life is pretty challenging. Thanks for the good advice on the extras, because when younger darling stepdaughter comes down, I`m sure she may want to be an extra too. Thanks goodness for the state film commission website-it tells you what is and isn`t legal for agents to do in this state. DD (elder) has been cured of starry eyes-she didn`t even flinch when I told her a Farley Bros. movie needed extras...but if you EVER work in this state, we will be coming to see you, with needles! Congrats on that anniversary too...how the heck can you be depressed when you picked so well!!!?

And Miss Pat-talk about puppy-love...good going! I suggest you buy your husband an elann gift certificate. Actually, if you share your stuff with him, you will be able to clear out some of the "What was I thinking" yarns and get NEW STUFF! Yahoo!
B
1/23/2004 3:32:26 AM
Happy Chinese New Year !!!!!!! People born in the Year of the Dragon are healthy, energetic, excitable, short-tempered, and stubborn. They are also honest, sensitive, brave, and they inspire confidence and trust. Dragon people are the most eccentric of any in the eastern zodiac. They neither borrow money nor make flowery speeches, but they tend to be soft-hearted which sometimes gives others an advantage over them. They are compatible with Rats, Snakes, Monkeys, and Roosters.

It looks like your husband is a Monkey, Benne. People born in the Year of the Monkey are the erratic geniuses of the cycle. Clever, skillful, and flexible, they are remarkably inventive and original and can solve the most difficult problems with ease. There are few fields in which Monkey people wouldn`t be successful but they have a disconcerting habit of being too agreeable. They want to do things now, and if they cannot get started immediately, they become discouraged and sometimes leave their projects. Although good at making decisions, they tend to look down on others. Having common sense, Monkey people have a deep desire for knowledge and have excellent memories. Monkey people are strong willed but their anger cools quickly. They are most compatible with the Dragon and Rat.

People born in the Year of the Rat are noted for their charm and attraction for the opposite sex. They work hard to achieve their goals, acquire possessions, and are likely to be perfectionists. They are basically thrifty with money. Rat people are easily angered and love to gossip. Their ambitions are big, and they are usually very successful. They are most compatible with people born in the years of the Dragon, Monkey, and Ox.

All this was copied from the kid`s page from the Chinese culture center of SF.
http://www.c-c-c.org/chineseculture/zodiac/Rat.html
The only time you REALLY have to pay attention is in the first 10 weeks of the year, because this is based on LUNAR years, not calendar years.

So when people call you a dragon, Benne, or a Rat, Theresa, they mean it in the nicest possible way!

B
1/24/2004 4:30:23 AM
How To Get $ for Peruvian Addiction Oh MacChick!

You forgot-clean out closet...have garage sale or put it on e-bay! Clean out child`s closet. Clean out SPOUSE`S closet. Sell stuff.

Instead of going out for Mexican, just make quesadillas (just like making grilled cheese sandwiches, only use tortillas instead of bread) Serve with salsa, guacamole and sour cream.

Ask for Elann gift certificate instead of (insert jewelry/lingerie/chocolate/perfume/CARD) for Valentine`s Day.

Buy gift wrap at Dollar Tree.

Did I get you a few more balls of yarn?
B
pages: First ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36... Last