bets - all messages by user

1/12/2004 7:31:41 PM
lamb`s pride? Patricia,
You are such an enabler!!!

Leslie, if mill ends are appropriate for your project (felting and such) you can buy Brown Sheep odd lots and discontinued colors at

paradisefibers.com

Bets
But it`s in the U.S.
1/13/2004 3:46:06 AM
crayon box jacket Hi Pam-

Never heard of it, but it sounds interesting! Did you have to buy a pattern for your class-and if you did, who wrote it?

Hurry and finish your jacket so you can send in a picture!

Bets
1/13/2004 3:46:06 AM
crayon box jacket Hi Pam-

Never heard of it, but it sounds interesting! Did you have to buy a pattern for your class-and if you did, who wrote it?

Hurry and finish your jacket so you can send in a picture!

Bets
1/13/2004 3:54:22 AM
people cozies Patricia`s right, it`s called a capelet! There`s one in Knitty- called acapella, you can see it at
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter02/PATTacapella.html

This is also not lacey, because it`s done with short rows, but you can crochet a lace edging on it.

It seems to me that I`ve seen TONS of these patterns, but since I live in the south, I don`t pay attention!

Bets
1/13/2004 4:02:19 AM
people cozies Also-
Ann Norling has a capelet pattern, and there`s also a "shoulder cozy pattern" @http://www.infiknit.com
1/13/2004 4:05:03 PM
lamb`s pride? Patricia-
do you mean DIL needs to have other people tell her what "cool" is? Eye-roll!

I yelled for your GBPs this weekend, but I guess not loud enough.

Did you see the Geisha coming up at the end of the month?

B
1/13/2004 6:09:16 PM
OOOH, Bets No, she doesn`t need it at all because her daddy would get p.o`d about her diapers showing thru the lace, and then I would be grouchy about doing all that work on those itty-bitty needles for no good reason. Can`t we get something frilly-girly in DK, and not fingering weight? any project I start now has to be 36 mos, because she`s in 12-18 mos NOW.
1/14/2004 3:58:05 AM
lamb`s pride? Hi
I gave up on the credit card, and yesterday, mailed elann my first check to pre-pay my account. I`m making OC`s Bistro Shirt right now (except I`m adding a little waistline shaping) out of "stuff" that was on sale at my LYS.
It sounds like you are training those DGDs right!
1/14/2004 4:08:31 AM
The new winter VK is out And man am I disappointed, so I`m going to crab to you all!

First off, I just got it, and it`s filled with all these scarves, hats and accessories that would have been PERFECT for Christmas gifts! Where was this 2 months ago? Secondly, I live in Texas, so most of these won`t be knitted until NEXT fall for Christmas gifts.

I thought there was a lot of What Not to Wear (WNTW!)-boxy, cabley things that stop 3" below the waist-you know, so you have absolutely no waistline whatsoever! On the whole, I don`t see a single design I want to make...but I did notice a lot of the 30s/80s silhouette is sneaking back in.
Anyone else?
1/14/2004 6:07:13 PM
Zoom knitting ribbon Hi Vicki-
Well the info on the ball band said:
Fibre Content: 95% Polyethylene/ 5% Nylon
Made In: Italy
Care: Hand Wash/ Dry Flat/ Do Not Dry Clean
Gauge: 8 st/4 inches on 10-12 mm (US 15-17)
Yardage: 50 m (54 yards)
Size: 100g (3.5 oz) hank

But the pattern says: 6 st per 4"

-from the schematic, the front of that top should measure 48 cm or 19.2" so for area you want to increase, and I`m guessing about 4"-add 3 stitches per side. That is if you are working to the stated gauge.

Does that help?

Bets
1/14/2004 6:23:15 PM
The new winter VK is out Ok, -

Darla- Who puts out "knit it" Is there a publisher`s slip or something, is there info on the masthead? Don`t worry, you aren`t going to miss anything out of this issue.

And Moussie, is there publisher`s info for your new one also?

I used to LOVE the VKs, but now, pshhh! I think I have every single issue from 1985 onward, but this time, the articles didn`t even send me! I do like Knitters, because they do interesting things, and it`s a different theme every issue, so you can learn different things. There is one issue of Knit n` Style that I KEEP knitting out of, so I guess I appreciate their variety.

I`d appreciate any publishing info you can give me on those 2 magazines!

Betsy
1/14/2004 6:31:30 PM
OOOH, Bets Oh, no, worsted is fine, and Encore comes in all those nice washable colors, that`s good!

Bets
1/14/2004 6:33:10 PM
MacChicklet is a Cutie! What a lil flirt! Good job on the capelet/mantle/dickie hood thing! You`ve got the perfect model!

Bets
1/15/2004 4:38:54 PM
MacChicklet is a Cutie! Ok,

Tell me how to do the MacChicklet lacy sonata thing, because my lil punkin head might need one of those!

CicconXXXXX? Did I get the start of it right?
1/16/2004 3:52:39 AM
Pattern for Sonata Lace Sweater Hi!

Ok, I think I can handle that! (It`s notlike I don`t have enought yarn....I even HAVE Sonata!) With a DK yarn and large needles like that, MacChicklet doesn`t snag on anything?

Bets
1/16/2004 4:04:51 AM
Steeked cardigan at left-what kind of knitting? Hi-

If I were the knitter, I would have thrown in the towel several years ago too! Is it entrelac, picked up and knit, intarsia....?

It looks like one of those mid-to-late 80s wonders that beat you down so much you only made one sweater a year. Fashion knitting or Rowan...what`s the yarn like?

Did you zig-zag or finish your edges after you cut them? Maybe some of that knitted seam tape would make it neater and more stabe.

Looks great-I probably would have felted it and made a pot holder from it!

Bets
1/16/2004 8:53:48 PM
knitting magazine gripes Well yes, I agree with both of you...Marion, I must confess to seeing 2 things made of fun fur that I actually liked-a "Davy Crockett" cap on Knitty and a collar and cuffs set (to dress up that classic sweater)---but in the slew of patterns in the past 3 years, that`s really not alot.

I did convince Miss Benne to give up her Cleo, but that`s more of a very short plush yarn, and not that Sasquatch stuff.

Frankly, I was looking at a magazine with a "fun-fresh" look garment, and I told my kid to watch her step or I`d make her wear it...she took one look and LEFT the room.

Here`s the thing...there`s a large number of garments I wouldn`t wear...and a large number of garments my DD wouldn`t wear...so who`s making all this crap????

I want a magazine that offers ONE classic fitted garment, one Aran style traditional garment, a Fair Isle, one intarsia, two men`s garments, 1 child`s and 1 infant`s garment, 3 things for the teen set, and 3 things for the 20-20 set, two accessories and 1 home dec item. That`s 17 tolerable patterns. Add two practically instant garments for beginners, and I think that is a tolerable mix. How hard could that be?

Apparently, REALLY hard. I think it`s really sad when the best thing about VK is the patterns from the past feature...oh, wait, they don`t even do THAT anymore.
1/16/2004 9:01:28 PM
YARN Paradise Fibers for those Brown Sheep mill ends....
B
Yarn Paradise Fibers for those Brown Sheep mill ends....
B
yarn Paradise Fibers for those Brown Sheep mill ends....
B
pages: First ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35... Last