bets - all messages by user

1/4/2004 2:38:58 PM
yarn Uh-oh!
Someone else has fallen for the Siren Song of Trendsetter. I caught the bug at Halloween, and while I haven`t seen it on sale, I did find some at
http://yarnlady.com/webstore/
Better save your pennies, it`s 14.95 per ball!

Bets
Yarn Uh-oh!
Someone else has fallen for the Siren Song of Trendsetter. I caught the bug at Halloween, and while I haven`t seen it on sale, I did find some at

Bets
yarn Uh-oh!

Bets
yarn Uh-oh!

Bets
1/4/2004 8:18:02 PM
Gardening, not knitting weather Hi-

More from San Antonio...I`d give anything for 90 days of 45 degrees or below straight-we can`t grow tulips or lilacs here! I`ll plant outdoors in Feb, just so everything can grab hold before a blazing summer.

We wear our woolens to work-because the server room is always cold!

Bets
1/5/2004 4:40:02 PM
Fair Isle and Mosaic Knitting Alice,
I wanted to thank you for the help making the terrific mock Turkish rib mobius modeled by my DD. (see lower margin) It went as a gift to one very appreciative older aunt.

To all-you`ve got to appreciate an instructor like Alice, because having a generous instructor is a grand and beautiful experience.

Betsy
1/5/2004 4:48:05 PM
ADDI TURBO NEEDLES Patricia, Fran-

Nuke a large bowl of water until it simmers, and dip your cables in the hot water. This will generally take the kink out of any circular needle!

Bets
Who owns addis and inoxs both, and likes them. BTW, I was at my MILs, and she gave me a pair of Addis that she bought when my husband was an infant-40 years ago-the chrome is shot, but I still think they are pretty cool!
1/7/2004 4:01:41 PM
Yahooo! Eileen is back!!!! She`s here.....! We thought you`d fallen off the face of the earth! Have you talked to Theresa lately...we want your ever-so-wonderful self to join us on an adventure!

Betsy
P.S. How does cozy comfy like his new job?
1/7/2004 4:08:13 PM
KNIT-A-ROUND KNITTNG WHEEL Oh, rock on!
Nah, after he masters the basics using Redheart, give him an oddball of nice stuff to make something. It may be the only thing he ever makes, so let it be something nice! Both of you, tho, don`t put your eyes out during the Packers games!

I had to laugh at my DH...he was looking at something, and he said "I can`t see the owl in the pattern, all I can see is the cable!" Instant yarn dork!

You go! Patricia AND the Packers!
B
1/8/2004 3:23:58 AM
Yahooo! Eileen is back!!!! Not even if we delay mailing until the 21st of January...heck, I`ll even STOCK your box (ok, THAT would be a complete and total surprise for you...but I think I could do it!) but I would do it, just because we all wanted you to play! PUHLEEZE!!! (whinging and whining now!!!!)

That certain someone just got an envelope this week with some Colinette mill ends because he wants to make Kaffe Fassett`s Foolish Virgins, which I now refer to as the ugliest sweater known to man, but he could probably stand some mail, if eveything went as scheduled.

I am so happy CC loves his job...will go look of pictures of the "Little House in the Snowbank" now!

TTYL
B
1/8/2004 4:33:23 PM
Yahooo! Eileen is back!!!! We`re all making the same top. We buy the pattern (and it stays with us) and gather up about 60-75% of the yarn we need, and pack it up in a box (but make a sample square, so we can meet your tension) and mail it on to the next person on the list. You will always mail a box to the same person, and always receive a box from the same person. We`ll all be working on the same sweater for different owners. Every six weeks, we mail off the portion we`ve finished to the next person.

I will stock your box...ohh, that`ll be a big surprise, can you wear magenta? The top we`re making is the Diamond Patch sweater, I just need your email address so I can mail you the whole rule thing so you know what`s going on. betsymamo@earthlink.net, if you please. I can just give your box to Christina, if that works. Or we can delay til 1 Feb...oh, nosy me, I have stuff I want to throw in to Theresa`s box too! Arrgggh!
1/8/2004 4:38:16 PM
Where did all the candy go? That was the yarn d`jour? I had samples, and it`s just not my style...besides that, it`s too hot most of the time here.

Can you email me please, I have something I want to ask you? Just put from elann in the subject, so I won`t think you are spam.

B
1/8/2004 4:59:54 PM
Hey, good projects! MacChick, that sweater looks terrific! I`m quite impressed. I also like the hats, o great Hatted One, wish I lived someplace to wear them!

Regards all-

bets
1/9/2004 6:30:27 PM
Hey, good projects! MacChick-your MacChicklet did a great job with her sweater! See, living proof (besides me) that it DOES NOT always skip a generation!

As far as the rest of that "intimidated" blah blah stuff, give me a break. I`ve made a LOT of sinfully ugly...do you think I sent in THOSE pictures? No, of course not. The point here is to be supportive, not competitive. All those things I knit up without having a SOUL to help me figure out how to do things, let me tell you, I have made projects only a mother could love, and only then if she was wearing them to take the garbage to the curb!

B
1/9/2004 8:20:44 PM
Hey, good projects! What-throw something AWAY???? No, my mom grew up in WWII overseas, 1 squash to split between 7 people, and that sort. My Dad grew up in the US depression, no, we keep stuff, no wasting! Fortunately, 1 man`s ceiling is another man`s floor, so it all evens out eventually.

As for patterns, there`s only a few things you can do...knit, purl, yarn over, increase, decrease...the part that kicks me is keeping track. But at the end of the day, it`s all a design feature! Can`t wait til you post something!

Bets
1/9/2004 8:26:41 PM
Where did all the candy go? Ok benne, now you are in huge VATS o` trouble. You GOT Cleo, you KNIT Cleo, you FINISHED projects in Cleo, and haven`t given us a single picture. Ok, now you are behaving badly. because THAT is too much!

Betsy, who would like a big box of Cleo to materialize out of thin air!
1/10/2004 4:07:37 AM
Where did all the candy go? Ok,

Still NEED pictures! Still!!!!

I`ve e-mailed you already, I don`t CARE how many Scullyknits needs, I would like just 1. Course if she doesn`t want any, I need them all. No slugging needed to settle this! It`s not like I don`t need my own storage shed!

Betsy
1/11/2004 9:43:40 AM
Round Robin participants Hi-

Ok all. It`s time to check your patterns, fill out your forms, and tape up your boxes. Make sure you KEEP your patterns, but send your "wish" forms!

Please remember not to put any "melty" prezzies in, because it will warm up significantly here in the south.

I need good e-mail and snail mail addresses for everyone but Theresa and Christina, so I can finalize the mailing order.

Eileen, are you playing in this one? (I don`t know how you can resist-we`ll start your entire box for you...I`ve offered to stock it, and Theresa`s offered to knit it!-Shheeeesh! shall we wear it for you too? LOL) I did not get your mail, Hotmail lied to you.

Get set to mail next weekend!
1/11/2004 4:05:25 PM
Round Robin participants Oh, soooo sad.

But thanks for being straight up about it. That keeps us all friends. You keep your eyes open for the next project, ok?

Bets
1/12/2004 4:57:02 PM
OOOH, Bets Oooh-
I actually flinched when I saw it, I thought EXACTLY the same thing, THEN I saw that it only came in the 3 colors, none of which are TRULY stellar on us Asian babies, then I figured out 98 yds X 6 balls of yarn and 27 SPI, and i`ve been able to control myself.

NO, not this time!
(scary tho, isn`t it?)
pages: First ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34... Last