bets - all messages by user

7/5/2003 3:57:29 PM
silk knitting The only thing I`ve run into is that there`s not a lot of "give" to it. Wool is fairly elastic, but silk is a lot more like rayon or cotton, and not all that stretchy.

B
7/5/2003 4:19:19 PM
Christmas ideas-easy lace scarf???? Hi-

i just got the pattern, ok, THAT looks do-able! I`m a little worried tho, because I bought the Natural Fantasy 100% cashmere, and the yardage was MUCH less. Only 350 yards per ball-I just looked it up. But they are petite women, and don`t NEED 60" scarves, right? (crossing my fingers!)

B
7/7/2003 5:50:05 PM
Zip-lock Hi-

If the sweater is a synthetic, it should be fine. I store stuff in old pillowcases, just because it`s easy and dust-free. I think it really depends on the fiber content. Look at some of the quilting website, and they`ll tell you that plastic is hard on cotton because it does not breathe. My 2 cents......
7/7/2003 5:58:52 PM
Austermann Zoom So you do like the look of it? I`m kind of blah about it, having received my box of Lana Grossa Nicole, which I like the look of, but that rayon strand gets a little wiry! interested in knowing what it feels like on!

B
7/7/2003 5:58:52 PM
Austermann Zoom So you do like the look of it? I`m kind of blah about it, having received my box of Lana Grossa Nicole, which I like the look of, but that rayon strand gets a little wiry! interested in knowing what it feels like on!

B
7/9/2003 9:54:10 PM
Christmas ideas-easy lace scarf???? Hi-
Hey thanks Alice,
Can I use 6mm needles with lace weight? I may go down to 5s-I had tried U.S. 6s with this yarn, and I thought that was nice, but I`m a little hesitant about 6mm! Let me go dig out a pair of U.S. 8s. Can I just pick up the other side of stitches and knit them all up together instead of sewing? (I stink at that!)

Well, between your suggestion, and Fran`s 2, I may be ok!

Going away for the weekend, I think I have my lap project in order. Hope!
TTYL
Betsy
7/13/2003 11:13:43 PM
Alright, fess up. Who bought all the Socka?? Ok, pay attention ladies-----

Isn`t Thursday generally sock yarn day ANYHOW????

(don`t blame me, I was outta town!)
B
7/16/2003 3:34:39 PM
Alright, fess up. Who bought all the Socka?? No, just watch, silly-

Monday is something I ALWAYS want, Tuesday is advertised yarn day, and Thursday seems to feature a lot of sock yarn, which I have plenty of, and don`t need more of, thanks!
7/16/2003 3:41:24 PM
Looking for valeria di roma Topacio in other colors Is this a nice yarn? I`d seen it and wondered.
I have a few of the floral that are in the "later projects" pile-how is the varigation, and is the texture nice?

B
7/19/2003 9:55:24 AM
Valeria di Roma Cinta Pattern Hi!

I think it was Carola who was working on this same k2 yo problem. Scroll back a few weeks in this forum and see, she was having trouble with translation also. Someone else also volunteered to help her with the Spanish translation too.

Good luck
7/19/2003 10:00:20 AM
Looking for valeria di roma Topacio in other colors Does it have some "give"? I liked the way the colors ran together-does it look tweedy, rather than hard stripes?

B
7/19/2003 10:07:40 AM
Mental block around blocking Hi-

I always approach assembly with fear and trepidation, because if I don`t take my time, it looks like crap! I found that it really does even out my stitches. I tend to knit very loosely, so this is a big bonus for me. If it`s just straight SS, I actually LIKE sewing it up on my machine, but the snickety patterned stuff with one selvedge stitch is usually accompanied by hand-wringing.

B
7/19/2003 10:09:31 AM
Alright, fess up. Who bought all the Socka?? Yeah, I know, and I had to buy it. And if I hadn`t said "boo" about it, it would have been a sock yarn day. So what`s your point ;-)???
7/19/2003 10:11:16 AM
Valeria di Roma Cinta Pattern Follow the June 29th posting, that`s where it is.
7/23/2003 6:20:40 PM
Idea Oh Fran, you are worrying me...I didn`t really like the Zoom either...kinda like knitting trash bags, but what is it about the shiny/matte that will be in my mailbox sometime this week........?
7/23/2003 6:22:51 PM
Looking for valeria di roma Topacio in other colors thanks for the info on the yarn...I`m not at all nervous now!
7/27/2003 6:29:02 AM
Austermann Zoom Mine is a non-project right now, Darla. I just finished a Cisne scarf for my cousin`s lil girl. Do you live in the south, and is it hot?

B
7/27/2003 6:29:02 AM
Austermann Zoom Mine is a non-project right now, Darla. I just finished a Cisne scarf for my cousin`s lil girl. Do you live in the south, and is it hot?

B
7/27/2003 6:37:39 AM
Do you plan to go to any conferences/etc? Does anyone plan to go to any conferences? I just got the flyer on TKGA in Houston this fall. Is anyone frm here planning to go?

Bets
7/28/2003 7:03:23 PM
Austermann Zoom Hi-

Do you like it? (Mine may end up as something else...like a tote bag or something) are you glad you made it?
B
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25... Last