bets - all messages by user

12/4/2003 8:50:47 PM
Found THE green- Thanks all, Scullyknits MADE me buy some Reynolds Destiny, which is very nice, but retail! Yikes to that! It is the perfect shade-and now that I`ve found it and paid full price, hunter green will start falling out of the sky onto my head.

Speaking of green and purple, Christina, go to Coldwater Creek @ the Quarry, they have the perfect changable silk blouse..it`s purple with a green iridescence! Buy Buy!

ha ha!

Bets
12/4/2003 8:58:40 PM
HELP Gail-
Congratulate her! That probably took forever!!! I found a pattern for an IV wrist cover-picture a mitten with no thumb and no hand section- in the IN KNITTERS charity knitting supplement for 2003. They are at inknitters.com. You`d probably have to modify it, and make an attached "sock toe" type covering, but it might be close to what you want.

Betsy
hELP Gail-
Congratulate her! That probably took forever!!! I found a pattern for an IV wrist cover-picture a mitten with no thumb and no hand section- in the IN KNITTERS charity knitting supplement for 2003. They are at inknitters.com. You`d probably have to modify it, and make an attached "sock toe" type covering, but it might be close to what you want.

Betsy
Help Gail-

Betsy
Help Gail-

Betsy
Help Gail-

Betsy
12/4/2003 9:09:20 PM
Found THE green- Speaking of which, Christina, what do you think of the free Positano pattern on this website in the Destiny? The gauge is right, and I think a shallower neck rib would also be nice, as would lace on the cuff, but overall, i think I like it better than the lace cardigan pattern from Classic Elite. (All, my MIL is 73 and wants a dressy hunter green sweater)
Opinion?

Bets
12/5/2003 5:40:57 PM
knitting software Hi-

How many blocks do you need in your sweater? We CAN do this with 4, we`ll just have more blocks to do. If you talk to Eileen.....
12/5/2003 5:40:57 PM
Knitting Software Hi-

How many blocks do you need in your sweater? We CAN do this with 4, we`ll just have more blocks to do. If you talk to Eileen.....
12/5/2003 7:35:40 PM
Found THE green- This blouse REALLY is the perfect fabric for you. My main beef is that everything in the store is either 69.00 or 79.00. This is a wrap shirt (put a tank top underneath, it will be fine) and I`d consider it if it were on sale, but at full price-I think they could do better on the fit (in her case). 3 inches longer and some semblance of a waist would be more flattering to the general population. But you should at least look, so you can consider it. The FABRIC is really YOU, the cut, I`m not nuts about.
B
12/5/2003 8:15:53 PM
Last call for the knitting round robin--- We`ve been discussing a round robin sweater starting after Christmas. I`ve participated in quilting round robins before, and they can be fun.

I envision a knitting round robin to work like this:

Everyone has to buy the same pattern. The pattern does NOT travel. (We`ve tenatively selected the Just One More Row Diamond Patch Sweater)

Everyone buys about 2/3 to 3/4 of the yarn required for their size. And holds a skein or so BACK for when their sweater returns. Say your sweater needs 40 blocks. You would do one block for swatch/tension as a sample for everyone. Then mail your box to the first person on the list. They do their required number of blocks (with 5 participants, that would be 8), and maybe throw in 10-20 yards of whatever they augmented your yarn with. Then they mail it on to the next person, who also does 8 blocks and throws in 10-20 yards of whatever-she might have used some of the previous rounds extras, so she`d augment to give the sweater continuity. The last person on the list would mail it back to you, you`d have 8 blocks, sleeves and hem to do.

Last call on interested parties-I have room for just a few more, and then we`ll have to close for this sweater, as too many mailings gets hectic.

Bets
12/5/2003 8:18:00 PM
Where to buy a zipper on-line? Bella,

Try Hancock Fabrics of Paducah Kentucky ...they have EVERYTHING.

This month`s Family Circle Knitting has a BIG cable how-to section. (nag nag nag!)

Bets
12/6/2003 7:54:29 AM
Where to buy a zipper on-line? Hi-
Do not venture if there`s a likelihood of getting stuck! You CAN use the 6s to hold your stitches, just be careful they don`t fall off. Often, I run a piece of scrap yarn thru all my stitches, tie the ends together, and hold them that way. Since the weather`s bad, you don`t have a DPN, and you are working on size 10.5s, may I suggest a chopstick (pointed ends might be easier than blunt ones) or a pencil (tape up the lead so you don`t wreck your yarn) just for your crossing row. (My brother calls it my knack of doing something with nothing) Assuming the cable is fairly simple, this should work until the roads are plowed.

Relax, and just make a stocking stuffer list of little tools you`d like Santa to bring you.

B
12/6/2003 2:34:39 PM
Where to buy a zipper on-line? Hope you picked up a Knitter`s magazine while you were out. I just noticed they had a whole page of instructions on zippers this month.

Bets
12/7/2003 6:25:06 AM
Where to buy a zipper on-line? The zipper article is in "Knitter`s" magazine. I thought the illustrations in Family Circle my help you get your arms around the fear of cables. Now you can see why we were cheering you on-they (most of the time) SOUND more intimidating than they are.

Bets
12/7/2003 1:47:50 PM
Last call for the knitting round robin--- Hi C-

Because we`re destashing!!!!! (Aha!) Seriously, Theresa and I were talking-we have "what was I thinking" when I bought this yarn, and there are always those little oddballs at the end of the project (except on that little sweater I was working on the other night...that sleeve cap is SHOOORRRRRTT! I could have used another 30 yds.)
I have plenty of greens that need to go in your green and purple sweater!!!!! I`ve counted you, Theresa and Eileen.

B
12/7/2003 1:56:35 PM
Elann, do you ever restock? Bella-

If you run short of something, look at the swap center. Or check on e-bay. (I strongly suspect the answer is greatly influenced by which yarns they can get a good buy on.)

B
12/7/2003 11:53:09 PM
What not to wear, Bets Oh, just nominate me already! Hurry up, I need it!

Bets
12/7/2003 11:56:39 PM
What percentage The financial wizard answer is NO! You are used to making XX payment now ANYHOW, continue to do so and pay your house off sooner.

The Betsy answer is-um, 30% would be a righteous knitting tax to the house-goddess.

Bets
12/8/2003 4:03:37 PM
DONE Bravo-

I know that some things feel like you are knitting a football field! Congrats-did you make it for a gift?

Bets
pages: First ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28... Last