bets - all messages by user

11/30/2003 3:12:54 PM
Has any one seen a hunter green......? Hi-
Well, at least her colors come in every spring...BTW I just bought my MIL a great "fake" suede shirt in peach at Goody`s. Anyway, I have the same catalog, I don`t like Brown Sheep (stealthy itch is built in!) and I was hoping for cheaper, but I`m keeping them in mind.

B
11/30/2003 3:14:16 PM
passing it on Bravo-

They say it skips a generation...in my case, it just came on thru!

Bravo!
12/1/2003 4:00:43 AM
Has any one seen a hunter green......? Ah....the guilty party. I sniveled and whined for HOURS because that was gone when I got home from work. That stuff was gorgeous.

Patricia, that stuff looks like Encore, Decore, Wool-ease....She wants to wear pearls with it, and she is often too warm...hence, the summery aspect. Maybe they`ll put something out here this week (BTW, did you guys get a newsletter? Tomorrow`s yarn is NICE! It just doesn`t come in hunter!) Maybe Benne won`t buy it all before I get home!

;-)
12/1/2003 4:01:58 AM
Christmas is coming---- Ok, guys, start snapping pictures as you complete your projects! Speak up when you finish them so we can applaud!

Bets
12/1/2003 6:38:50 PM

Worth considering that one-I saw a few Tuscany Olives, and I bought some varigated Sonata this summer. I didn`t have too many breaks, but I had a few. What dye lot did you have, Darla?

Bets
12/1/2003 6:42:58 PM

Today`s yarn is a good buy, but I tend toward boring. Scullyknits ought to be buying an armload, because she loves to play in novelty yarns.

Don`t worry, at least I KNOW someone who bought ol` Cleo...sometimes I`m sure this stuff (and stuff from Herschnerr`s too, BTW) ends up on e-bay. You COULDN`T have bought more than 30 skeins. If you did, I`m moving in next week so I can play in YOUR stash!

B
12/1/2003 6:46:27 PM
You never know when or where Oh, now I`m sulking because I`m not in Germany. All yarn stores in Germany are gems...sob!

But another gem, if you can catch them at a show is Interlacements..they sell a square value on yarn. Good fibers, fun colors, nice people from another place I`m NOT...Colorado Springs. Sob Sob!

Actually, this site is my gem. Thanks guys!
B
12/1/2003 6:47:47 PM
Bella how are those cables going? Just hoping you at least gave it an honest shot!!! It will probably be FINE, and look absolutely killer!

B
12/2/2003 3:18:18 AM
You never know when or where Hi
Christina`s got a point. You gotta go!

Is anyone else a nerd like me? I check the phone book when I`m in the US, and I`ll buy foreign language knitting books and LOOK at the stockist lists to figure out where the shops are when I`m out.

B
12/2/2003 3:25:40 AM
You never know when or where Oh yes-

I`d met my mother`s family again for the first time in 35+ years...and we were getting ready to leave my aunt`s house when I asked my cousin if she did patchwork, as many Japanese do BEAUTIFUL work. That led to a hastily planned trip to Yuzawaya, a few subway stops away from my Tokyo hotel. This place is seven stories, two of which are devoted to knitting. My little brother had warned me that Japanese products were not necessarily cheaper in Japan because of various taxes and tariffs, and he was right, but man, what selection! If you EVER are in Tokyo go THERE!
B
12/2/2003 3:31:57 AM
Has any one seen a hunter green......? B2
(because I am also a B!) Fran posted an idea a few months ago-she said that with fuzzy yarns, knitting with a carrier yarn really helps sometimes. When you get to your next project, try a few rows. She said it tames the unruly. I was trying to decide what color the photographed sample was on the Harlekin-is that done up in the purple?

B
12/2/2003 5:18:18 PM
Bella how are those cables going? Well bravo! (Isn`t that lovely feeling of "I did it myself" the greatest!)

My projects are going, at least they`re still out in public. More this weekend, think I`ll have a baby sweater done!~

B
12/3/2003 3:08:37 AM
a little luxury Hi-

No clue on that one. But I wish you warm fuzzy socks anyhow! (I was looking at yesterday`s yarn and pondering it!)

Bets
12/3/2003 4:06:28 PM
Arrival Oh yay, it just took a side trip. I think...was it Fran that made the Hanne stuff? Someone on this forum mentioned working on her stuff.

Get busy, you`ve got a lot of yarn to get thru!

B
12/4/2003 2:18:32 AM
knitting software Hi Jan-

I`m interested to see what others think about different programs. I think there are some beta versions you can download and test, I have one on my computer now that`s from England. Theresa, what were you using? Did you like it? (Apparently not, you didn`t reload it.....)

Bets
12/4/2003 2:18:32 AM
Knitting Software Hi Jan-

I`m interested to see what others think about different programs. I think there are some beta versions you can download and test, I have one on my computer now that`s from England. Theresa, what were you using? Did you like it? (Apparently not, you didn`t reload it.....)

Bets
12/4/2003 2:26:08 AM
knitting bag Marie Claire---the French or US version?

I use a picnic basket. I just ditched all the stupid cutlery in it, and that works just fine.

How`s the thesis?

Bets
12/4/2003 8:34:34 PM
knitting software Not a peep from anyone but Christina (Scullyknits)-I think I`d better table this til December 26th. What do you think?

Betsy
12/4/2003 8:34:34 PM
Knitting Software Not a peep from anyone but Christina (Scullyknits)-I think I`d better table this til December 26th. What do you think?

Betsy
12/4/2003 8:44:38 PM
knitting bag Hi-

Our Marie-Claire only covers relavent topics like "Sex at the Tattoo Parlour" (joking!) and doesn`t bother boring us with beautiful craft projects. It irritates me-a lot of magazines lose their spark when they come into the US. For example, Prima, which is great in England and Germany, and always features a knitting pattern, is called First here, and is just garbage. "How to lose 4 dress sizes in 6 minutes AND make a chocolate cake!"

We`re getting so good at "instant" in this country that it`s all starting to look like mindlessness....

Complain complain!
pages: First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27... Last