bets - all messages by user

11/23/2003 7:25:23 AM
Most fun ever Aha! There are things that are VERY gratifying to knit-rather, they come out so well, you do the happy dance because you are so pleased! I had a fun time making Baby Genius` pumpkin hat (so christened because her momma was not gonna look at the ultrasound for gender, and I hated he/she/it) and then there`s the true hallmark of my dorkdom...I made these felted booties (my very first socks!) out of some Colinette Skye in a homely color called mushroom, so I took them and dyed them with Koolaid. Just a big messy FUN art project....

B
Course we all know EVERYTHING Theresa does is an objet d`art, cuz she`s just cool like that! :-)
11/23/2003 7:25:23 AM
Most fun ever Aha! There are things that are VERY gratifying to knit-rather, they come out so well, you do the happy dance because you are so pleased! I had a fun time making Baby Genius` pumpkin hat (so christened because her momma was not gonna look at the ultrasound for gender, and I hated he/she/it) and then there`s the true hallmark of my dorkdom...I made these felted booties (my very first socks!) out of some Colinette Skye in a homely color called mushroom, so I took them and dyed them with Koolaid. Just a big messy FUN art project....

B
Course we all know EVERYTHING Theresa does is an objet d`art, cuz she`s just cool like that! :-)
11/23/2003 7:27:55 AM
Angora Hi Darla-

How about something in Fair Isle-Kaffe Fassett had one that reminded him of traffic cones, it was just zig zags, and it lends itself to many colors and textures. Or the San Francisco shirttail?

Lucky you!

B
Angora Hi Darla-

How about something in Fair Isle-Kaffe Fassett had one that reminded him of traffic cones, it was just zig zags, and it lends itself to many colors and textures. Or the San Francisco shirttail?

Lucky you!

B
angora Hi Darla-

Lucky you!

B
11/24/2003 4:23:12 PM
Roxy Wool Fibre Content: 90% Wool/ 5% Acrylic/ 5% Polyamide
Made In: Italy
Care: Hand Wash/ Dry Flat
Gauge: Polar Weight - 9 st/4 inches on 9 mm (US 13)
50g (1.75 oz) ball Yardage: 47 m (51 yds)

Hi- They moved the info tab-look under info, then look for the archive tab. I think this is your yarn.

Bets
11/26/2003 9:00:19 PM
Happy Thanksgiving! Hi knitters!

It`s time to get in gear---geez I have a lot to finish up in the next 30 days! I am thankful I have y`all to talk to about my obsession/hobby, thankful I have plenty of supplies, imagination, family, and friends I must sling some string for! If I could just clone myself!

Best regards to everyone, please be safe, and don`t let your family get out of doing the dishes tomorrow! Hug someone. Enjoy pie without making excuses about the size of some stupid body part. Laugh til the latte foams out of the sides of your mouth. If you are in a dysfunctional group (and if you are, I empathize) just practice mimicking them all the way home...they earned it.

Love y`all!
B

It`s time to get in gear---geez I have a lot to finish up in the next 30 days! I am thankful I have y`all to talk to about my obsession/hobby, thankful I have plenty of supplies, imagination, family, and friends I must sling some string for! If I could just clone myself!

Best regards to everyone, please be safe, and don`t let your family get out of doing the dishes tomorrow! Hug someone. Enjoy pie without making excuses about the size of some stupid body part. Laugh til the latte foams out of the sides of your mouth. If you are in a dysfunctional group (and if you are, I empathize) just practice mimicking them all the way home...they earned it.

Love y`all!
B

Love y`all!
B
11/28/2003 2:14:21 PM
Ebay Purchase Hi-

Well, it may still be stuck in postage. If you didn`t pay for anything beyond surface, it may be a few weeks more. You may have been a little hasty in posting the feedback, but it would have been nice for her to at least PRETEND she was trying to help you.

I would be sulky too.

B
11/28/2003 2:18:39 PM
hurting Well, make sure you vary needle sizes too. I find that I do better with smaller needles, but that might vary. Take frequent rests...maybe you should fold socks in the interval, so you aren`t using the same muscles, and don`t feel like you are wasting your time!

B
11/29/2003 2:42:02 AM
another lurker comes clean Welcome Welcome!

Come on in, the water is FINE! We have enablers to help you buy more yarn! Seriously, it is great, because these are the knitting buddies you don`t have in your neighborhood. Glad you`ve given up the subterfuge!

Bets
11/29/2003 7:23:30 AM
Elann Shopper/New to Chat Center Hi Patience-

Well if you`ve looked at the logs AT ALL, you know that Patricia and I have absolutely been doing cartwheels over that Soft Hair-such nice yarn for the price! It`s been rather quiet around here lately, I think it`s because we ALL haqve WIPs for Christmas. (I have 4 that MUST get done, and 1 I`d like to finish for me, and another I`d like to start.) So much yarn, so much imagination, NOT enough arms to do it all!

Welcome!
Bets
11/29/2003 7:33:02 AM
Ebay Purchase Hi-

Yes, I can comiserate. But remember when you lived in Europe and the post seemed to take FOREVER? Even now, if you don`t pay for extra, sometimes it takes weeks longer. So wait a little longer-give it 6 weeks by post, THEN call your credit card company.

That`s for the benefit of the doubt, but I had one woman on e-bay whose response made me uneasy, sure enough, she stiffed me. Only one out of over a hundred tho.

More on overseas and the mail---When I was in Germany the first time, I sent a quilt top in to a woman who had an ad in QNM to hand quilt things. She said, no, she didn`t insure it, it`s usually VERY safe. Wonder of wonders, she posted (several years later) an ad for unclaimed quilts(!) So I caught up with her on that go-round, and said, HEY-you lost my quilt, and I paid you, and now you have all these "unclaimed" projects? HAH! She sent me one, but it was garbage, and my previous one was not "all that" but what she sent me was awful. I threw it in the charity bin.

Hoping your package show up, I know you had looked forward to it.

Bets
11/30/2003 7:45:40 AM
What happens if you take out the cables? Hi-

That`s an interesting question. Maybe. Do you want a bigger sweater?

Most certainly, you will use a little less yarn. If the sweater is heavily cabled it will PROBABLY end up bigger, but rather than spend a lot of time knitting a whole sweater, and being disappointed, why don`t you do 2 swatches with identical needles? Do one in cable, and one in plain ribs that are set in the same manner as the cables.
11/30/2003 7:54:03 AM
Has any one seen a hunter green......? Roll your eyes. My darling MIL would like a hunter green sweater. This isn`t really the fashion season, but figured Patricia or some other yarn maven might have seen a yarn. I`d prefer DK or worsted, in a summer texture (very little wool or alpaca). I looked at Saucy, Saucy Sport, and Fantasy Naturale, but no dice. There is one yarn on this site that`s perfect, but they only have 3 skeins. Sigh. (Goes without saying that I don`t wish to give up body parts to pay for it.) Bueller? Anyone?
11/30/2003 7:57:09 AM
What happens if you take out the cables? Bella,
Unless it`s a horribly complicated pattern, cables are VERY gratifying, even for beginners. You get a LOT of OOMMPH for very little extra work. If you don`t have a lot of experience, I recommend a simple pattern with a fairly short repeat. What sweater were you looking at?

Betsy
11/30/2003 8:01:08 AM
Pills, straggles, general knitwear care Hi-

Ok, throw stuff at me---it`s not a huge issue here-we don`t wear the woolies frequently enough. I have invested in a shaver, I own a brush.

B
11/30/2003 9:08:46 AM
What happens if you take out the cables? Hi-

No, I don`t own that book. If I remember correctly tho, Stahl is pretty good about charting their designs out, so if you just take it row by row (use a yellow sticky to help you keep your place) it should come out just fine. Flannell is (I think) a fairly substantial yarn, so it should go quickly, right? Just take it a step at a time, cables are VERY gratifying.

B
11/30/2003 1:00:47 PM
Doesn`t look possible Finish the ones that are closest to complete. Then the next.

Will you be able to play Wed?

Hope you feel better!
B
pages: First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26... Last