bets - all messages by user

11/16/2003 6:35:53 PM
How do you organize your stash? In SPACE BAGS-these are the business! These are the stuff. I HIGHLY recommend these, because you can make your stash look SOOOO much smaller. And see thru them. They just don`t work so well on yarn that`s wound around a core.

B
11/16/2003 6:38:20 PM
Ok-NOW what`s on your needles? You used MOHAIR yarn to make an egg cozy...I have heard EVERYTHING now. Shaking my head, and grinning. So are you going to BUY any of that yarn, or make a matching poodle skirt? (I think I may dye some!)

BTW, did that package make the mail? Should I send you cash for postage?
B
11/17/2003 3:33:41 AM
How do you work 3 sections separately? Hi-

You are going to have one elegant grand-puppy! Yes, break the yarn (if the section carries for a while, you might have to wind a small ball) The only elegant way to hold stitches is put them on a stitch holder-but if it`s the rest of the body, that might be a problem. Try it their way-and if that`s no good, you`ll know!
B
11/18/2003 4:02:15 PM
Can I enable you? ahahaha!

I can be the enabler this time! If you go to Colinette`s mill shop in Powys Wales (on line-just a second....http://www.colinette.com/millshop.htm) you can get a lot of Colinette for not a lot of $$$$ As a matter of fact, a lot of the Colinette on e-bay is sold in single skeins, you`ll notice. Wanna bet it comes from here? I just ordered the odds and ends packet (15 quid). Downsides-shipping (sigh), not being able to root through and find what you adore, and you`ll have to mail, call or fax.

Of course the oddballs packet is all I can afford after a romp through some on sale Trendsetter, thanks a lot, Patricia! Got my box yesterday, la la la!
11/18/2003 4:04:12 PM
Einstein Jacket Bravo-
That came out nicely!!!! It looks more appealing than it did in the book!

Bets
11/18/2003 4:06:57 PM
yarn over (s) Isn`t it interesting when the pattern CAN`T technically work, expert or no? Did you check their website for corrections? I`ve made a sweater out of VK before, and got to a point where I`ve said-well know, that CAN`T work! Then I had to wing it.

B
11/19/2003 8:43:40 PM
Can I enable you? wahoooo-I am the enabler (in a sing-song voice!)

B
11/20/2003 3:00:53 AM
Einstein Jacket Hmm,
Let me guess...knitting a football field? It`s good to have an "idiot knitting" project-I went to a knitting "meet-up" last night with a SIMPLE lace pattern and had to put it down because I was tired, and as soon as I`d open my mouth to talk, I`d forget a YO! What weight yarn does that jacket require?

B
11/20/2003 3:04:21 AM
White Lies Patterns Hi-

I just saw these up here, what do you think of them? I like the look, but am wondering if the 5`4"s like me would be overwhelmed by border width, etc...blah blah blah. Has anyone worked in these patterns yet?

B
11/20/2003 3:04:21 AM
White Lies patterns Hi-

I just saw these up here, what do you think of them? I like the look, but am wondering if the 5`4"s like me would be overwhelmed by border width, etc...blah blah blah. Has anyone worked in these patterns yet?

B
11/20/2003 3:29:57 PM
White Lies patterns Of the thong? You are on crack, dear! I am of the "rather have VPL than pick my butt" persuasion! Makes me feel like a sumo wrestler! The funniest thing I`ve seen is VTL-and actually, I see it often...ewwww...that CAN`T be comfy! thankfully, boy shorts are coming in!
11/20/2003 3:29:57 PM
White Lies Patterns Of the thong? You are on crack, dear! I am of the "rather have VPL than pick my butt" persuasion! Makes me feel like a sumo wrestler! The funniest thing I`ve seen is VTL-and actually, I see it often...ewwww...that CAN`T be comfy! thankfully, boy shorts are coming in!
11/20/2003 3:37:50 PM
Am I crazy or has this website changed overnight? La La La! I am THRILLED to bits-DH, DD, and DGD all on this site, looking like cuties! And they managed to edit the potty out---thank you thank you oh webmaster, you are the business! The new site will take a bit of getting used to, but I have to hurry and send out links to everyone I know-my family is so gorgeous. And why am I not in any pics? I would be the chubby one behind the camera! Ok, I have finishing issues on 2 sweaters too.....
B
11/20/2003 7:43:31 PM
A question on Cisne, Hi C-

I would categorize it as downy---like baby chicks. I was making something out of it before I learned Fran`s super trick, and it was giving me fits. It`s officially a UFO. What color, i may have extra-

B
11/20/2003 7:47:32 PM
Am I crazy or has this website changed overnight? You know, Theresa and Christina, I know you`ve got projects to post, and adorable kids to boot. (I`m betting on you, Theresa, and Christina`s little one looks like an angel baby.) Jump on in here with a photo or two.
11/21/2003 3:41:48 AM
Am I crazy or has this website changed overnight? Hi Ann-

I really like the little yarn icon that pops up- a lot of the time I open the same thing up again and again on subsequent visits, so this will help me (I HOPE!) remember what it looks like as I`m going thru!

I do like the page where the prices are labled out to the side. That will help me know if I should fear to tread ;-)

And on top of all that-I like the blue better!

Good job!

Betsy
11/21/2003 3:43:41 AM
Einstein Jacket Will you send Ann a picture for the site?

B
11/21/2003 3:50:47 AM
Round Robin -- Just one more Row Hi-

Just trying to gauge interest. Round Robins are something that happen frequently in the quilting world, I wanted to see if there was any interest in it here. Theresa and I have been chatting back and forth about it, and we think the Diamond patch sweater would be a good project. It would go something like this:

Everyone has to buy the same pattern. The pattern does NOT travel.

Everyone buys about 3/4 of the yarn required for their size. And holds a skein or so BACK for when their sweater returns. Say your sweater needs 40 blocks, we have 5 people sign up (I REALLY don`t want this to get too big, because then it`s unmanageable.) You would do one block for swatch/tension as a sample for everyone. Then mail your box to the first person on the list. They do 8 blocks, and maybe throw in 10-20 yards of whatever they augmented your yarn with. Then they mail it on to the next person, who also does 8 blocks and throws in 10-20 yards of whatever-she might have used some of the previous rounds extras, so she`d augment to give the sweater continuity. The last person on the list would mail it back to you, you`d have 8 blocks, sleeves and hem to do.

Does this make sense? Does it sound POSSIBLE?

We were discussing this for AFTER Christmas. Any interest?

Bets
11/21/2003 3:13:21 PM
BACK! Hi

I am SOOOOO pleased for you! (Told you weird stuff was afoot in the cosmos!) Congratulations! Tell Comfy-cosy I am so glad he`s gonna have an interesting and challenging new job! `course you are SOOOO lucky to have good friends to go visit in "the city." BTW-I owe you, big time. For that surprise.

B
11/21/2003 3:26:43 PM
A question on Cisne, Hi-

I have rasberry sherbert color, pale pink, white. I also have some red lashy stuff. I`ll bring it with me, no prob. The rasberry stuff is half knit up, and I don`t think it pulls out easily, but I`m sure the red is up your alley.

b
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25... Last