bets - all messages by user

11/4/2003 3:31:30 AM
Not related to knitting at all... I knit, therefore I purl. Were you able to find the lovely Annabell at a decent price? Were you looking for any particular one?

Is it too cold to enjoy a crisp autumn? I miss THAT from my childhood-the brilliant sharp blue, the rustle of leaves-go outside before the cold sets in!

Hold steady and square up your jaw, we`re here for you.
11/4/2003 3:33:31 AM
I`m baacck from TKGA! Hm-

Shouldn`t you and small boy surprise Daddy?

(stirring up the pot!)

Bets
11/4/2003 4:23:00 PM
Not related to knitting at all... I talked you into raking? (Chortle!)

You have a good night!

B
11/4/2003 4:29:27 PM
Just a gee whiz survey-how`s your tension? I just happened to see Momineedles post about knitting too loosely, and now I`m curious. Do you knit Continental or American, and do you knit tightly or loosely?

The only time I can make the ball band gauge is when I`m doing intarsia. Otherwise, I have to adjust like crazy-for example, right now, I am knitting something on U.S. 7s-the ball band says I should be getting 20 stitches per inch, I am getting 16, so am using worsted weight on a aran weight sweater. This is how my husband`s sweater, from a size M pattern, now fits an XXL.

I knit Continental and way too loosely!

B
11/4/2003 8:52:36 PM
That luscious Pinguoin Theresa-
Do you want a few yards? Let`s see, I made a lacy pattern on size 10s. I have no idea what it looks like on smalls...but there`s a Paton`s Anna pattern I bought here to use with it. It`s got some lace and cabling. I don`t have the ball band with me, but you are talking about 50% and 25%-isn`t there another 25% we are missing? I think it would dye nicely, but it does have quite a halo, and so that might make for some toe-jam troubles. Maybe sock TOPS! I`m at betsymamo@earthlink.net if you want a swatch. My non-knitting aunt`s reaction, when I gave her her mobius- "ohh, soft!" It`s well worth the little price.
B

B
11/5/2003 8:34:01 PM
That Pingouin we won`t shut up about! Scullyknits and I had our knit support group tonight. She also bought some of the yarn we won`t shut up about. She was knitting it in Mock Turkish Rib (Thanks Again, Alice!) with a component yarn. She liked it too! Forgot to remind you tho, C, you can always dye it with Wilton Food Colors, and that makes for a fun art project!

She also made me buy that Trendsetter Safari yarn I`ve been dreaming about-ok, they didn`t HAVE the orange, so I got the pink/fuchsia combo, but what a pain to knit (now I shall whine...um, never mind I`m happy to be able to get it, just a little out of practice with REALLY textured yarn!)
11/6/2003 4:55:09 PM
Cleopatra yarn! Ohhh, sorry I missed that one-must be punishment for going to work (like it`s not punishing enough this week!)

Now I`m the one wearing the pout!
Bets
11/6/2003 4:57:19 PM
Hot Damn Afghan by Jan Metzger Carola-
Is this supposed to look like one of those Colinette kit afghans? I went to the site, and all I saw were directions, but no photo.

Bets
11/7/2003 6:18:44 PM
Fran, is the shawl a Finished Object? Fran-

It looks almost like raffia, is the ravello suitable for table runners?

B
11/8/2003 8:34:49 AM
Looking for newborn/christening patterns/sizing Hi-
Carol, I`ve been looking for the same thing. If you try "yarnstandards.com" that may help a little. You may go to your local mega-mart and just buy a sewing pattern and use it for your template.

I haven`t searched for standard body measurements in sewing tho, you might want to look at that. -

Let me know if you see anything anywhere else!
11/8/2003 8:44:19 AM
Hey how are you this weekend? Hi all-

Theresa, box is on it`s way, open from the underside, weed out anything you think is inappropriate. Hope your dinner went well.

Eileen, did you get a stomache ache??? JOKE!

Pat has won the title of Queen-Enabler...the website she gave me last weekend put a bunch of goodies on sale-Thanks alot toots, I spent 100.00 (but it`s sooooo beautiful!)

Fran-are things well?

Carola-wie gehts?

Must knit and prepare for a party...a HOUSE-CLEANING party. My kid told me she wasn`t gonna RSVP when I invited her.

Bets
11/8/2003 8:52:34 AM
Problem with pattern K2, P1, K1, slip dec over 2 sts, at end of row K tog sts 6 and 7 from end of row. Slip rem 18 sts sts onto a length of yarn.

Obviously this is a typo. I think what it might mean is K2, s1,K1, but that still leaves the decrease at different spots on the left and right edges, which shouldn`t matter much because it`s a furry yarn, but it would bug me.

Since you know it`s got to angle in for the raglan, try 1 edge stitch, K2, slip 2 onto the right needle as if to knit, insert the left needle into the two slipped stitches and knit together. At the end of the row knit the 4th & 5th stitches together , K2, 1 edge stitch.

hope it helps-
betsy
11/9/2003 5:24:26 AM
Hey how are you this weekend? Hi!

Repainting when darling spouse is not at home is NOT subversive. It`s "I`ve had enough!" You and small boy can go to the hardware store and pick a couple of color chips out-then go home and vote.

I spent all my allowance at the Knitting Garden, which I think is easy enough to find. Patricia gave me the URL last week on this forum.

Not inappropriate-I guess, if you have something that has more "wow" than ol` wool-ease, toss it in the pile. I would not be a good judge of excessively bad language. Or maybe I would-if I blush, then it`s gotta go!

Patricia, hubby owes YOU big time-this is one of those stories that gets passed to grandkids, etc, all cause Grandpa is out enjoying the "High Life".
b
11/9/2003 8:02:50 PM
When good needles go bad Pam Pam Pam Pam!

or WD 40

but that`s a wild guess, no actual experience with that.

B
11/11/2003 6:27:02 AM
Putting on the Ritz! Yahoo! I ordered my Ritz today-and that Crystal Cove pattern. I ordered assorted colors, because it looks like it`s all short rows, so some variance is well, variance! hope the yardage was right tho, because it didn`t seem like enough!

doing the happy dog butt shaking dance!

B
11/12/2003 4:49:34 PM
Ok-NOW what`s on your needles? I know I asked a few weeks ago, but Christmas is starting to loom over the heads of lil knitters everywhere. Right now, I have an infant`s DK sweater from a Sirdar pattern, a women`s sweater for myself, a scarf to wear for our day as movie extras that will go to the kind UT alumni next door for Christmas, and I got a request for a Christmas stocking that goes with some cruddy knit by machine in China stuff. My request lines are closing until December. Anyone else? Bueller?

Bets
11/13/2003 6:53:45 PM
Ok-NOW what`s on your needles? Egg sweaters? Like little caps to keep them warm? Are they lil chickies? (you gotta be kidding!)

Grinning atcha!

B
11/13/2003 6:55:29 PM
Links anyone? It`s this very sane and tidy set of needles and interchangeable cables. They were around in the 80s, and have just come back onto the market. I am far too scattered to own a pair, but am hoping for ADDIs instead.

B
11/14/2003 7:54:45 PM
Ok-NOW what`s on your needles? Hey-

My landlady in Germany had them. I almost bought some at a bazaar. I thought they were fun then!

B
11/15/2003 11:09:50 AM
Ok-NOW what`s on your needles? Itty bitty chicken shaped egg hats to keep boiled eggs warm. That is what you are making, right!

B
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25... Last