angelah - all messages by user

4/29/2008 11:08:22 AM
superwash Bamboo question....Say it aint so! Dear Elannites,

this is my first post on the Chat Center although I may have had the pleasure of sending some of you Order Confirmation e-mails. I hope you will forgive me jumping into this conversation but I wanted to share my
experience with the Superwash Bamboo.

I knit a Hemlock Ring Blanket (ala Brooklyn Tweed) out of the Superwash Bamboo using 5.5mm needles. When I was ready to wash and block, I put it in my washer by itself on a Cold/Cold `delicate` cycle with minimal agitation. My washer does not have a delicate cycle so the amount of agitation depends on how quickly I can run down the stairs to stop the machine and let my item
soak. I`m not generally very quick about this so the blanket would have received a fair amount of agitation as I also let the machine rinse and spin normally.

My blanket blocked out easily with a lovely drape and sheen. It`s no longer `crisp`, but I don`t find it limp even with the larger needles and I don`t find it noticeably fuzzy. It has been a couple of months and it has held both the blocking and its shape beautifully. I hope that this information is helpful.

Angela
4/30/2008 8:34:47 AM
Hi Angela from elann! Thank you for the warm welcome.

I am very lucky to be part of such a great team here at work and of course the wonderful elannites here at the Chat Center.
5/28/2008 2:49:37 PM
Namaste Malibu bag has arrived There will be more coming, I promise.
6/2/2008 10:47:24 AM
Rambling Leaves shawl errata Dear Christine,

we correct all of our patterns as we find errata. Let me take some time to review this pattern to see if I can help you with row 29.

Thank you for alerting me to the differences between the pdf chart and the chart in the body of the pattern, we will try and get that corrected as soon as possible.

Best wishes,
Angela
6/2/2008 10:47:24 AM
Rambling Leaves Shawl Errata Dear Christine,

we correct all of our patterns as we find errata. Let me take some time to review this pattern to see if I can help you with row 29.

Thank you for alerting me to the differences between the pdf chart and the chart in the body of the pattern, we will try and get that corrected as soon as possible.

Best wishes,
Angela
6/2/2008 4:17:58 PM
Row 29 Hi Christine,

Here is what I did to make Row 29 work. I will be working tomorrow on harmonizing the charts so some of my `corrections` may not be necessary depending on which one you are following.

Row 21 - there should be a k2tog before the final yo
Row 23 - changed the double decrease to a k2tog
Row 25 - changed the ssk to a double decrease
Row 27 and 29 should now work.

Please feel free to e-mail me if you have any more questions or if you find more puzzling areas/corrections that need to be made.

Thank you,
Angela
6/3/2008 8:58:27 AM
Row 29 Hi Christine,

do you want to e-mail me directly with the stitches as you worked them from Row 27 and I will do my best to see what might be a viable fix for you.

(just add .com to the end of my `name` above)

Best wishes,
Angela
7/9/2008 2:16:25 PM
Benne`s Eye Surgery by Thom Excellent news, don`t rush the recovery and listen to your very talented Dr. Wang!
7/9/2008 3:15:39 PM
Dyeing soy Hi Daryl,

Soy is very interesting as it is truly a protein fibre, but from a plant source!
7/14/2008 8:09:27 AM
Help - LUNA PEACOCK PLUMES BOLERO Hello,

the balancing decreases for the Peacock Plumes pattern precede the 3 yf,k.

You could work a swatch over 33 stitches (16x2)+1 to see how the pattern flows.
8/1/2008 8:31:25 AM
Himalayas question Hi Bets,

the long cardi is shown in Col. 03, Baffin Island

Best wishes,
Angela
8/25/2008 4:33:36 PM
When Will We See Peeks Again? Soon, I promise!
8/26/2008 2:37:36 PM
Lorrill, Angela-those are cute socks! Thank you everybody!
9/3/2008 10:15:00 AM
New Debbie Bliss Mag Yes, I am expecting stock very soon.
9/4/2008 7:51:18 AM
ORNE BOOK??? Hi Evelyn,

we also have it here if you enjoy having vouchers for future yarn purchases!
9/15/2008 1:50:26 PM
New Addi Interchangeable`s And A Big HELLO Yes, we will definitely have the Addi Click needles. They will be listed on the `What`s New` page when they arrive.

Also, we have the Addi 2.25mm and 2.75mm needles coming in soon, they will be added to the existing Addi listings (Turbo and Lace), so look for them there in the next couple of weeks.
9/18/2008 11:29:16 AM
Cornelia T H book wanderlust for Noro Hi Bets!

Looks like they have given you the instructions for the blocks before you need to work them.

Skip them and start with the instructions for the Garter Stitch Border. Then, create the points, and go on to the instructions for the Body and follow the block instructions.

Hope this helps, it looks like a lovely pullover!
10/29/2008 10:14:25 AM
Silken Smoke Pattern Hi Marta,

I`ve updated the pattern. Thank you for your eagle-eyes!

Angela
10/31/2008 9:21:31 AM
Anyone get their snips in yet? Hello everybody,

Please let me extend our apologies that the sample skeins and snips mailings have been slightly delayed this month. Everything has now been mailed and I hope that they will be found in mailboxes shortly!

Angela
11/24/2008 1:26:23 PM
Grace, Paulina, Suzann and Daryl... Hi Paulina,

Welcome to the Chat Center. You may change your user name by clearing the cookies in your browser. When you come back to the Chat Center, you may enter the user name of your choice and password and this name user name will be stored for you in a new cookie.

Best wishes,
Angela
pages: 1 2 3