kvh38 - all messages by user

4/8/2013 11:15:19 AM
Help w/pattern ... Hi ... I'm just getting back into knitting after a 2 year hiatus and I bought the Mirasol Tika yarn and got the pattern for the Wari Summer Top from the Mirasol Collection Book 2. I'm a bit confused by the 3rd row of the pattern stitch wherein you have to ("yrn" knit 1) 6 times then knit together 3 times (don't have pattern in front of me - at work ... shh ..). I searched "yrn" which is basically a yarn over. When I do that, I'm coming up with a lot more stitches on my needle than the original 146 stitches than I started with. Seems to be simple enough, but I'm definitely doing something wrong ...

Has anyone does this lovely pattern that maybe able to assist me?

Thanks,

Karen
4/11/2013 11:22:47 AM
Help w/pattern ... Hi Maggie,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, that's what I thought that I would be taking away stitches and adding and that it would come out to be the same. However, when I get to the end, I'm not ending with enough stitches to do (k2tog) 3 times and then a k1. Instead it's ending with the (yrn, k1) 6 times and with like 4 stitches or something left over. And I can tell there's definitely A LOT more stitches than 146 from what I started. I'm apparently not doing something right ... even got the Knitting for Dummies book out ... LOL

I'm going to have to try it again (third time) and see what happens.

Thanks again,

Karen
pages: 1