Posts 67
Fibre Content: 53% Silk/ 30% Wool/ 12% Superkid Mohair/ 5% Polyamide
Made In: Italy
Care: Hand Wash, Cold/ Dry Flat
Knit: 17 st/4 inches 5.0 mm (US 8)
Yardage: 85 m (93 yards)
Size: 50 g (1.75 oz) ball
Price: US$5.78

A soft and luxurious aran weight, silk, wool, and superkid mohair blend, in a richly bright and saturated palette. A gleaming single ply of silk is twisted with two fine strands, one ply of delicate superkid mohair, and one ply of sturdy wool/nylon, resulting in luscious, tone-on-tone marled colorways.

Standard price for this yarn is US$12.95 - elann.com discounted price saves you as much as 55%!

Unblocked, Blocked & Ravelry.com yarn page link

Lovely to knit. Beware though, the silk content is gonna make this thing grow faster than Pinocchio’s nose. I didn’t do a hang test (because I didn’t think to), but comments support this growth. My swatch went from 3 1/2” to 4” in width, so for me that’s a pretty significant difference, although row gauge didn’t change (odd, I know). Exceptions might be if you used smaller needles and knit it at a much tighter gauge. The gauge listed does end up being quite fluid and drapey. Blanket or shawl, yes. Fitted garment, maybe not so much (unless you make a really large swatch and do a hang test).

Oh, and it’s gonna pill. Hairy Mo makes sure you’re aware of his presence while knitting, as the swatch was quite fuzzy before the pill test. Even my granddaughter mentioned that she really like how the swatch looked, but boy was it fuzzy. (The 9 yo, not the newborn.) It is quite soft, but for those with issues with tickly yarns, keep that in mind. It isn’t itchy, but Mo will tickle your neck with his Hairs.

I couldn’t break it. It frogged well, but I had to be careful to get all three strands back on the needle properly. I could knit by feel (something which still freaks my husband out, along with typing without looking). The stitches are smooth and even. The blend of the marled colors is quite nice.

Notes:
- US8 (5mm) bamboo
- Unblocked gauge - 17s/3.5”, 6rpi
- Blocked gauge - 17s/4”, 6rpi
- Frogged well, but may split on needle reinsertion
- Did not split while knitting
- Pilling will occur
- Couldn’t break
- Will stretch
- Soft, but tickly
- Even, smooth stitches
- Knit at tighter gauge for garments