Posts 67
Fibre Content: 55% Viscose from Bamboo/ 35% Wool/ 10% Angora
Made In: China
Care: Hand Wash, Cold/ Dry Flat
Knit: 20 sts/4 inches 4.5 mm (US 7)
Yardage: 73 m (80 yards)
Size: 50g (1.75 oz) ball
Price: US$3.60

Cuddly soft angora, silky smooth bamboo, and the reliable elasticity of wool - perfect comfort!

Standard price for this yarn is US$7.99 - elann.com discounted price saves you as much as 55%!

Unblocked, Blocked & Ravelry Yarn page link

I had two concerns prior to even picking this one up to swatch. They are the same two concerns that kept me from ever buying any even though I’ve drooled over it often at the big box stores. 1) This sucker sheds and pills like crazy; the swatch at the stores always looked horribly worn. 2) It’s such short yardage for a worsted weight yarn, making the price/yard quite expensive.

I still hold those concerns after swatching. Comment after comment reads like a ode to shedding and pilling. That angora really doesn’t like being tied down and is constantly jumping ship stitch. While I wasn’t covered in brown fuzzies (I had on aqua colored capris, so it would have shown up pretty well), the swatch was giving off a cloud of fluff while I was performing the pill test. But I only had 10 yds to work with, not a whole sweater’s worth. There were enough pills that I wouldn’t have had to refill my prescription for at least another week.

On the good side, it’s lovely to work with otherwise. I had no issues with splitting or frogging. The hand is nice and the final fabric was smooth with great stitch definition and a definite sheen. Don’t use metal needles; wood, bamboo or plastic with grab are the way to go. That slickery (slippery + slick needles) bamboo will make it shed your needles, too! I couldn’t break the yarn.

If you can control the shedding and don’t mind the short yardage, it could make for some beautiful accessories.

Notes:
- US7 (4.5mm) plastic
- Unblocked gauge - 20s/3.75”, 6.5rpi
- Blocked gauge - 20s/4”, 7rpi (hit gauge!!)
- Sheds like a snake in molting season
- Frogged well
- Pill, pill and pill some more
- Short yardage for a worsted
- Couldn’t break
- Lovely hand
- Good stitch definition with sheen
pages: 1
HomeProduct ChatTues, 7/24 - Patons Angora Bamboo