Posts 67
Fibre Content: 100% Extrafine Merino Wool
Made In: Italy
Care: Hand Wash/ Dry Flat
Knit: 21 st/4 inches 4.0mm (US 6)*
Yardage: 125 m (137 yards)
Size: 50g (1.75 oz) ball
Price: US$4.25

Luxurious extra fine Merino wool, in an amazing palette of 54 colors!

Featured Design: Shaped Cable Pullover is Lana Gatto Leaflet 1300. Columns of cables flow on the body of this turtuleneck pullover, resulting in a feminine shape. The cables repeat on the sleeves, which are finished with a gentle flare, for a polished finish. Available in sizes S, M, L, XL, 2XL, and 3XL (finished bust 30.5, 34, 38, 42.5, 46.5, 50”; finished length 20, 20.75, 21.75, 22.75, 23.75, 24.75”), it uses 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22 balls of Lana Gatto Super Soft. Permission has kindly been granted to elann.com to offer this pattern, as well as 3 others, in the Free Patterns section of our website for as long as quantities of Lana Gatto Super Soft remain.

Some colors available in lesser quantities - shop early to avoid disappointment!

Please note that some ballbands indicate an incorrect needle size. The correct needle size for Lana Gatto Super Soft is 4.0 mm (US 6).
Standard price for this yarn is US$8.49 - elann.com discounted price saves you as much as 50%!

Unblocked, Blocked and Ravelry link

This one reminds me of Sublime Cashmere Merino Silk DK in how it knits up. It is absolutely gorgeous on the needles. As was mentioned in the sneak peaks thread, this yarn is made up of two plies lightly twisted, then 5 of those lightly twisted together to make the 10 ply. This complex twist (or cable spun) make for great stitch definition. I had no problems finding many cabled projects using this yarn and they were all gorgeous.

I had no problems with it. Period. It frogged well, didn’t split, loved it’s wet and dry, is softer than a baby’s bottom and is springy and squishy. It stretched just a bit while wet, but bounced right back to shape in the drying process. I got gauge and love the fabric, but loose knitter’s will want to keep in mind that they’ll need to go down a needle size or two if they don’t want something see-through.

One drawback - yep, you guessed it! This puppy is gonna pill. If you’re willing to shave, knit at a tighter gauge or just use it for accessories that might wear better with less use, then I’d suggest you get in line. I think Jen has talked herself out of this one, so the sapphire is up for grabs!

One more quick note, before you all start setting up your camping equipment to start the line early for this one, as with many cable spun yarns, it does have the tendency to have one side of the knit stitch more predominant than the other. It’s a product of the s-on-s cable spun yarn, not necessarily of any particular knitting style. As quoted from Clara Parkes, Knitter’s Review.com, “The difference between S-on-S cabled yarns and traditional cable-spun yarns is all in the final ply. S-on-S cabled yarns are usually made from several two-ply strands that are then twisted together in the same direction as the original plying. With all that twist going in the same direction, your fabric can sometimes bias in the direction of the excess twist. S-on-S cabled yarns also tend to produce a tighter, completely vertical left leg in knitted stitches.” You can see this in particularly well in the blocked photo. My left leg is nearly a vertical column, while the right leg is nice and fat. But, my swatch did not bias at all, as these plies are very loosely spun.

Notes:
- US6 (4mm) metal
- Frogged well
- Did not split
- S-on-S cable spun
- Preblock gauge: 21s/3.875”, 8rpi
- Blocked gauge: 21s/4”, 7rpi
- Will pill
- Soft, soft, soft
- Grows when wet, but bounces back once dried
pages: 1
HomeProduct ChatTues, 2/7 - Lana Gatto Super Soft