Messages in this topic - RSS
1/24/2012 8:18:37 AM
duckbunni
duckbunni
Posts 67
Fibre Content: 100% Highland Wool
Made In: Peru
Care: Hand Wash/ Dry Flat
Knit: 15-16 st/4 inches on 6.0 mm (US 10)
Yardage: 70 m (76 yards) per 50g ball
Size: Bag of 10 50g (1.75 oz) balls
Price: US$22.00

Our most popular wool in a quick knitting weight!

We are revamping our color offerings of Highland Chunky for the 2012/2013 Fall/Winter season, and are now clearing select colors in a special full bag blowout sale at $22.00 USD per bag of 10 50g balls - a savings of as much as 63%. Some colors available in lesser quantities - shop early to avoid disappointment!

Unblocked, Blocked, and Ravelry link

What can I say? Another of of Elann’s favorites! Loving this wool chunky, gliding right off my needles and this is one you can knit without looking. (I love to freak out my kids and hubby by doing that!)

Frogged well and smoothed out nicely after it’s soak and dry. Some pilling comments, but my swatch didn’t fuzz too much on me. I find it soft enough, but those with super sensitivity might not like it next to skin. Definitely would be great outerwear, knit at a bit tighter gauge. Some projects/comments show it felting well, as one would expect with a 100% wool.

I got gauge, but would actually go down a needles size for most garments. The fabric I got was just a little too drapey and loose for my taste in a chunky wool. However, I might actually go up a size if I wanted to make a nice warm, winter-weight oversized shawl with this (I’m thinking along the lines of Caireen or Snowflake, by SusannaIC).

All in all, if you’ve used this and loved it, you’d better get the colors while they have them. If you haven’t used it, you might want to try to beat out those who have, cuz it’s gonna go fast.

Notes:

US 10 bamboo
Preblock gauge: 15s/4” 5rpi
Blocked gauge: 15.5s/4” 5rpi
Felts well
Frogged well
Couldn’t break
May pill
Semi-soft, probably not next to skin (unless you’re Jen!)
2-plies of singles with nice twist
pages: 1
HomeProduct ChatTues, 1/24/12 - elann.com Peruvian Highland Chunky