Posts 67
Fibre Content: 50% Wool/ 25% Silk/ 25% Bamboo
Made In: Italy
Care: Hand Wash/ Dry Flat
Knit: 19 st/4 inches 4.5 mm (US 7)
Yardage: 105 m (114 yards) per 50g ball
Size: Bag of 10 50g (1.75 oz) balls
Price: US$33.00

A gleaming luxury fibre blend with a soft hand and great stitch definition.

We are revamping our color offerings of Incense for the 2012/2013 Fall/Winter season, and are now clearing select colors in a special full bag blowout sale at $33.00 USD per bag of 10 50g balls - a savings of as much as 63%. Some colors available in lesser quantities - shop early to avoid disappointment!

Unblocked, Blocked and Ravelry yarn link for comments/projects

Lots of comments on this one about knots and slubs and just as many comments that people love this yarn!

I had no problems with my sample skein and really like this yarn. My one concern, as with all yarns with silk or bamboo content, is that it will grow, grow, grow. But, reading through the projects, I found a couple that stated there was no problem with this yarn holding it’s shape well! That’s a Yay! for me.

This one is definitely a hand wash, though, as there were comments about it felting in a gentle wash. Now, since I don’t know if this meant a gentle machine wash, I can only comment that I do not swish or agitate at all when I am blocking in the sink, so am not certain how the people washed theirs which ended up in felting. I had no problems with felting in mine.

I was able to fuzz it up enough to get one little pill, but really had to work at it. This is a nicely rounded, three ply yarn that gives good stitch definition. I didn’t quite hit gauge but would use the suggested needle size for anything I wanted soft and drapey. Otherwise, I would definitely go down a needle size or two, even, because the fabric wasn’t really dense enough for my taste for a garment that wouldn’t be see-through, like a pullover or tee.

I couldn’t break the yarn. The bamboo/silk gives it a nice sheen without it being shiny. This one was soft enough for me, but some comments do mention it feeling a bit scratchy, so if you are really sensitive, you may want to swatch and wear the swatch around to see if it’s soft enough for you.

Notes:
- US7 (4.5mm)
- unblocked gauge: 19s/3.5”, 6.5rpi
- blocked gauge: 19s/3.75”, 7rpi
- Frogged well
- Could not break
- Did not split
- May pill lightly
pages: 1
HomeProduct ChatTues, 1/17 - Elann Incense - Disc. Colors Full Bag