Posts 67
ibre Content: 50% Baby Alpaca/ 50% Fine Merino
Made In: Peru
Care: Hand Wash/ Dry Flat
Knit: Lace Weight (2/22)
Yardage: 550 m (600 yards) per 50g ball
Size: Bag of 5 50g (1.75 oz) balls
Price: US$16.50

Our own baby soft, multi-seasonal, lace weight blend!

We are revamping our color offerings of Baby Lace Merino for the 2012/2013 Fall/Winter season, and are now clearing select colors in a special half bag blowout sale at $16.50 USD per bag of 5 50g balls - a savings of as much as 63%.

Some colors available in lesser quantities - shop early to avoid disappointment!

Unblocked & Blocked

Well, since I already have some of this in my stash, I’m happy to finally play with it. It’s wonderful stuff. I had no problems with splitting. It frogged and reknit well. I could break it easily, but it spit spliced back together like a charm. The pill test was negative and it shows lace patterns well.

My only problem was deciding what size needles to swatch this one on, as there really isn’t a suggested needle size. Laceweight yarns can be knit using a very wide variety of needle sizes, so I looked at all the laceweight shawl patterns on Ravelry and then looked to see which needle size had the most patterns. Size US4 won! But there were patterns that went from a US0 all the way up to a US11!

This isn’t cashmere soft, but I find it nicely soft, so for those with sensitive necks you could probably wear it. There is enough toothiness in this one to grab the metal needles. I was just a bit afraid it would slide off a lot and would have to switch out to bamboo, but had no problems.

If I had thought about it, I would have cast on using one size larger needle. My cast on ended up being a bit tighter than my cast off.

Notes:
- US4 metal lace tip
- On this size needle, preblock: 28s/4”, 10rpi
- Postblock: 28s/4.5”, 9rpi (This was not a hard block.)
- Spit splices well
- Did not pill or fuzz
- Broke easily
- Frogged well
- Get some while it lasts!
pages: 1
HomeProduct ChatTues, 1/10 - Baby Lace Merino Disc. Color Bag Sale