1/2/2012 5:18:17 PM
duckbunni
duckbunni
Posts 67
Discontinued Colors Full Bag Sale
Fibre Content: 100% Highland Wool
Made In: Peru
Care: Hand Wash/ Dry Flat
Knit: 19 st/4 inches 4.0 - 4.5 mm (US 6-7)
Yardage: 100 m (109 yards) per 50g ball
Size: Bag of 10 x 50g (1.75 oz) balls
Price: US$22.00

Our soft and lustrous virgin wool!

We are revamping our color offerings of Highland Wool for the 2012/2013 Fall/Winter season, and are now clearing select colors in a special full bag blowout sale at $22.00 USD per bag of 10 50g balls - a savings of as much as 63%. Some colors available in lesser quantities - shop early to avoid disappointment!

Unblocked & Blocked

Ok. This one sucks. No, really, it’s that bad.Ok, so maybe I just want it all for myself

Nice round 3 ply. Easy to knit, frog and reknit. Broke with a hard tug. This one flew off my needles without a snag, split or tantrum. Comments have it pilling, and my pill test showed this to be the case. But a few comments also noted that after a couple of shaves/depills, it’s good to go without further pilling. Nice smooth, even stitches, no biasing or rolling of edges once blocked.

Ravelry link, which will show this is a popular yarn choice, with more than 4,000 projects; stashed over 3,800 times; and 25 comments. While the comments do mention it’s a bit on the itchy side, I don’t find it completely intolerable. I put conditioner in it’s bath.

With 24 discontinued colors to choose from, one might wonder how many new ones there are going to be? So get the colors you want while you can. This one is worth the money!

Notes:

- US 7 (4.5mm)
- Gauge: 19st/4”, 6rpi - Blocked & Unblocked - gauge didn’t change for me and I got suggested gauge!
- Will pill, but should be ok after a couple shaves
- Slightly itchy, may be better not next to skin
- Frogged well
- Broke with a hard tug
- I signed up for a stashdown this year, so I could be so screwed!
pages: 1
HomeProduct ChatTues, 1/3/12 - Elann Peruvian Highland Wool