Posts 67
Fibre Content: 65% Wool/ 25% Cotton/ 10% Nylon
Made In: Italy
Care: Hand Wash/ Dry Flat
Knit: 26 st/4 inches 3.00 mm (US 2)
Yardage: 200 m (218 yards)
Size: 50g (1.75 oz) ball
US$2.25

Soft, warm wool with a hint of tweedy color!

Featured Design: Neapolitan Belted Cape, designed and knit by Flora Yang using our elann.com Limited Edition Neapolitan Tweed, is simply worked in one piece from the top down with increases absorbed into single cables from neck to hem. Secured with a belt, it is available in one size fits most (finished length from back neck to hem 28”), and uses just 11 balls of elann.com Limited Edition Neapolitan Tweed!

This exclusive elann.com pattern will be available in the Free Patterns section of our website for as long as quantities of elann.com Limited Edition Neapolitan Tweed remain.
Standard price for this quality is US$6.50 - Elann mill direct price saves you as much as 65%!

Unblocked & Blocked

The wool/cotton/nylon blend feels and knits like a wool single. It tends to worm, though, on what I’m going to assume is the nylon core. Not badly though, but beware, as I had to keep gently easing it out smooth. The tweedy bits look like the cotton wrapped around the nylon at intervals, then plied in with the wool single. It broke pretty easily with a pull. And I kept snagging on the single, so you’ll have to pay attention.

On the suggested needle size (US2), I didn’t hit gauge, but I do like the fabric. And I tried to keep it really loose, to try to help with the worming. I could probably move up to a US3 and get gauge and still like the fabric (especially in cables). The pill tests was negative. For a somewhat single ply, it didn’t even fuzz up more than it was after it’s bath. The stitches evened out and the tendency to roll went away with the block.

The way the tweed is worked into the yarn leaves little nubs. There is no way the little nub of tweed can be pulled out though, as I said earlier, because of the wrap of color around the nylon core at intervals. I wouldn’t suggest using this for socks - those nubs would hurt your soles pretty quickly. It is soft, though.

I did notice on the Sneak Peak page that all the colors offered seem to be flecked with the same couple of colors - a mustardy gold, a pink and a brownish taupe. Unfortunately, the color swatches I got aren’t long enough to show all the flecks of tweed on each of the 3” long pieces.

Notes:
- US2 (3mm) bamboo
- Broke fairly easily
- Wormed a bit
- Probably won’t pill
- Unblocked and Blocked gauge remained the same - 28s/4” 9rpi
- Soft, but nubby at the tweedy flecks
- Snags/splits
pages: 1
HomeProduct ChatTues, 12/20/11 - Elann LE Neapolitan Tweed