HomeProduct ChatTues, 9/27 - Monika Design Cashmerino Soft
Messages in this topic - RSS
9/26/2011 8:49:10 AM
duckbunni
duckbunni
Posts 67
57% Extra Fine Merino Wool/33% Microfiber/10% Cashmere
Made in Italy - Machine Wash, Cold, Gentle/Dry Flat
DK Weight - 22 st/4 inches 4.0 mm (US 6)
50g (1.75 oz) ball - 130 m (142 yards)
$2.98 USD/$2.86 CAD

Rich and lustrous cashmere blend in a warm, luxurious palette!

Unblocked & Blocked

So, how long do you think it will take to crash the Elann site with this one? Yes. It’s that nice. The September Spoilers thread had some great detective work going on, so this one seems like it could be a rebranding of a rebranding of a particular, popular rowan cashsoft yarn. I’d be able to tell you how similar if my other yarn wasn’t in storage 200 miles away.

Suffice it to say, O.M.G. I’m in lurve. No splitting, no problems frogging, great smooth and even stitch definition. It has a subtle luminescence. It feels and knits up like a wool/silk blend, even though there isn’t a hint of silk in it. It flew off my needles and I was sad when I ran out of my sample.

The colors are limited, but are lovely soft fall shades (well, maybe not the pink) and would replicate the colors used in the Impasto Shawlette, easily (SusannaIC, IK summer 2010), besides being the correct yarn weight.

I couldn’t break the yarn and my pill test showed it fuzzed up a bit, so those who are leery, it will probably pill with use, but didn’t while knitting. Softness test, smoftness test! Didn’t bother with one. I mean, really, this stuff is like buttah (only without all the fat content!). Cables or lace your thing? Yep, will probably be great for that too. This is just a good, overall, yarn.

Notes:
- US 6 (4mm) bamboo
- Preblock: 22.5st/4”, 7rpi
- Postblock: 22st/4”, 7rpi (Got gauge! Yes!)
- May pill
- 4 ply, good twist
- Did not split
- Frogged well
- Soft, with luminescence
- Could not break
- Possibly a rebranding of a popular name yarn
pages: 1
HomeProduct ChatTues, 9/27 - Monika Design Cashmerino Soft