HomeProject ChatShawled Collared Cardigan Rossini Yarn
Messages in this topic - RSS
9/13/2011 2:03:07 AM
mwrosenblatt
mwrosenblatt
Posts 4
Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased both the Rossini Yarn and began working on the Shawl Collard Cardigan featured as #30 in Knitsimple Fall 2009. I believe the editors and pattern was not carefully edited and very vague. (one person on Ravelry was frustrated and put her project aside). I will raise any vague issues here since this may affect other knitters and will add something onto Ravelry as I progress. It makes sense to raise the questions here since other knitters may make this pattern.

For the Center Front Shaping:
The increases look asymmetric: k1, inc1 at one end Knit to last 3 sts then inc1 and k2. I will adjust that but should the increases be done as well before and after the 2 markers that are placed.

When the armholes get shaped, there are no instructions for dividing the pattern. I get that, but the information should have been more explicit.
9/13/2011 11:56:23 AM
maggie
maggie
Posts 58
Hi Miriam,

Thanks for your post in our Chat Center as well as your email and phone call. It was a pleasure speaking with you this morning. I thought in case other customers are having problems with the Shawl Collared Cardigan featured with our Limited Edition Rossini I would post my answers to you here as well.

The increases look asymmetric: k1, inc1 at one end Knit to last 3 sts then inc1 and k2. I will adjust that but should the increases be done as well before and after the 2 markers that are placed.

No, I believe when I knit this pattern for our website I only increased at the beginning and end of each row.

When the armholes get shaped, there are no instructions for dividing the pattern. I get that, but the information should have been more explicit.

I looked over the pattern. After completing Shape Center Front you should see Shape Armholes instructions:
"Next Row: (RS) K to 5 (6, 6, 8, 7) sts before marker, bind off next 10 (11, 12, 15, 14) sts, removing marker, k to 5 5 (6, 6, 8, 7) sts before marker, bind off 10 (11, 12, 15, 14) sts, removing marker, K to end of row.

This is where you now work only on the Left Front stitches, with no further shaping by the armhole. Without knowing the size you are knitting I believe at this point you should have 20, 22, 25, 30 or 36 stitches for your Left Front.

If you have any further questions, you can email me at maggie@elann.com or customerservice @elann.com and I would be happy to help.

All the best,
Maggie
9/14/2011 5:58:19 AM
duckbunni
duckbunni
Posts 67
The increases look asymmetric: k1, inc1 at one end Knit to last 3 sts then inc1 and k2.

I know this sounds asymmetrical, but if you do a kfb, it ends up symmetrical. A kfb increase give you a knit stitch then a purl stitch. So at the beginning: k1, inc1 (kfb) gives you two k stitches then a purl. At the end then, k to last 3, then do the inc (kfb) into that third stitch from the end, will give you a k, p (of the kfb) then the last 2 k stitches.

Try it out on a scrap swatch.
pages: 1
HomeProject ChatShawled Collared Cardigan Rossini Yarn