Messages in this topic - RSS
9/12/2011 5:44:02 AM
duckbunni
duckbunni
Posts 67
Big 100g balls of cozy, supersoft wool, and a rainbow of colors

100% Wool
Made in Taiwan - Hand Wash/Dry Flat
Bulky Weight - 10-14 st/4 inches 6.5-9.0 mm (US 10.5-13)
100g (3.5 oz) ball - 100 m (109 yards)
$3.98 USD/$3.82 CAD

Available in 27 colors shown, plus 5 more colors in lesser quantities. See our sneak peak page for details!

Note: There’s also a mention of coordinating Crystal Palace Iceland Prints that will be available on Thursday, September 15.

Unblocked & Blocked

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a single ply, 100% wool behemoth! And it’s lovely. It flew off my needles (literally, a couple times, so I’d suggest using plastic or bamboo with this one) faster than a speeding bullet. It’s lofty and squishy. I had no problems with frogging this (three rows!) and reknitting. I’m positive it will felt like a dream, although I didn’t try it. I might though, as I have to start some laundry today and I swatched it on the largest size needles just in case I wanted to experiment.

The single is twisted nicely and I could not break this one. At all! I wrapped it around my fingers a couple times after the third try and snapped as hard as I could and all that happened was I had indents in my fingers from the yarn. LOL! The stitches smoothed out and the swatch survived it’s blocking beautifully. Surprisingly, there wasn’t much movement in the fabric from pre to post blocking. The spi and rpi were nearly identical before and after.

Lots of color choices: pastels, primaries, jewel tones. Something for everyone. 32 colors! Amazing.

While this woolie wonder will probably felt great, I could not pill it during my pill test (rub that sucker together vigorously for a few minutes). It didn’t even make it all fuzzy. And it is soft. I was expecting itch, but really didn’t feel anything but heat on my shoulder (have I mentioned this is a super bulky behemoth?).

I’m wondering how fast we can crash the Elann site trying to order this one! lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes:

- US13 (9mm) metal
- Frogged well
- Could not break
- Unblocked: 10 stitches/3.5” (2.86 spi)
- Blocked: 10 stitches/3.75” (2.66 spi)
- suggested gauge: 10 stitches/4” (2.5 spi) (On 13’s)
- 4 rpi, both unblocked and blocked
- Will probably felt well
- Not itchy
- Astounding color selection
9/12/2011 9:21:23 AM
duckbunni
duckbunni
Posts 67
Felted

So, I threw the swatch in with my color load - warm wash, cold rinse on a 10 minute cycle. Then into a low heat dryer for 30 minutes and this is the result. The stitches still have definition and it felted quite well. The felted gauge is now 10 stitches/3” and the row height condensed to 5rpi. The swatch is still wet, and could use a little more heat, but I needed the low heat for the rest of the load. Even so, I think the felting results are pretty good. If you use a US 15 and did a hot wash/cold rinse and high heat (you might not even need the dryer), it would be even better!
edited by duckbunni on 9/12/2011
pages: 1
HomeProduct ChatTues, 9/13/11 - Crystal Palace Iceland