duckbunni
Posts 67
Fibre Content:75% Mohair/ 10% Wool/ 15% Nylon
Made In:Italy
Care:Hand Wash/ Dry Flat
Gauge:14st/4 inches 7.0 mm (US 10.75)
Yardage:100 m (109 yards)
Size:50g (1.75 oz) ball

Luxurious, soft mohair blend in a range of 12 beautiful colors!

Featured Design: Fire Place Kimono, designed by Shui Kuen Kozinski with Ann Cannon-Brown, is a one-size-fits-most kimono. Each of its component shapes is rectangular, knit in arrowhead lace, and edged with a 4 inch band of garter stitch on the lower edges of the body, sleeves, and front band/collar. A generous finished back width of 36” and 10” side slits at each hip make for a gracefully draping, comfortable, and flattering garment. Finished length shown is 22”, and pattern includes instructions for a 24” finished length for taller wearers. This exclusive design, which uses 9, 10 balls of elann.com Limited Edition Mode Mohair, will be available free for the printing in the Free Patterns section of our website while quantities of Mode Mohair remain!

Standard price for this yarn is US$10.00 - Elann discounted price saves you as much as 65%!

US$3.48

unblocked & blocked

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know! Another mohair. I don’t own US10.75 needles so I swatched on US11 (8mm). And I got gauge in the unblocked swatch! After it’s little bath and lay flat, it only grew from 4” to 4.25” for 14 stitches. The row gauge didn’t budge.

I frogged two rows and had no problems with it catching. But I wouldn’t suggest extensive frogging. I crocheted a chain with the length of yarn I had left (about 20”) and tried frogging that. Yep, caught on the second loop and knotted itself to Mo’s little hairs . So, if you plan on crocheting with this, don’t plan on frogging! Although, my crochet chain was tighter than the knit loops I got on the 11’s.

The yarn broke with a good tug, but didn’t shed at all while knitting. I had one lonely little hair in the sink after the bath. The fabric looks denser in the pictures than it appears in real life. It’s very floaty and airy. Soft, with not a hint of scratch or itch. If anyone is planning on knitting Shui’s pattern, you’re gonna love it!

My swatch tilted to the left just a touch while drying, which is odd for a non-cotton blend to bias. Could just be I didn’t pay attention when I laid it out to dry, so I wouldn’t worry about it.

I didn’t have any problems catching my tips in the fuzz while knitting this. All in all, if mohair is your thing, you will probably like this. It’s knit at a bulky gauge, so things will fly off your needles. It gives a lovely, soft drape and the colors are deep, saturated and beautiful!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notes:

- US 11 (8mm)
- preblock gauge: 14s/4”, 16r/4”
- postblock gauge: 14.25s/4”, 16r/4”
- Broke with a good tug
- Will frog once, but not with crochet
- Doesn’t shed
- No itch
- Deep, saturated colors
- May pill (it is fuzzy!)
pages: 1
HomeProduct ChatTues, 8/23 - Elann LE Mode Mohair