HomeElann AnnouncementsSubmit your Ideas for a Crochet Project Contest
Messages in this topic - RSS
3/22/2011 12:58:56 PM
acb
acb
Posts 1453
As some of you know, we've just begun a new knitting-centered project contest, but we're keen on offering a project contest for crocheters too. Submit your ideas, and let's just see where they take us!
3/22/2011 2:21:11 PM
psophia17
psophia17
Posts 100
I haven't crocheted from a pattern, but would like to learn. If there are other knitters out there like me (and I'm positive that there are), it would be nice to see something that would entice aspiring crocheters to pick up a hook.
3/22/2011 5:26:57 PM
Marta
Marta
Posts 2140
petra@elann wrote:
I haven't crocheted from a pattern, but would like to learn. If there are other knitters out there like me (and I'm positive that there are), it would be nice to see something that would entice aspiring crocheters to pick up a hook.

Does it have to be from a published pattern? I recently did a set of placemats and coasters with variegated Sonata that I started free-form, and turned out quite all right...
3/23/2011 8:00:12 AM
psophia17
psophia17
Posts 100
Marta wrote:
Does it have to be from a published pattern? I recently did a set of placemats and coasters with variegated Sonata that I started free-form, and turned out quite all right...

Hi Marta,

We're just beginning to brainstorm ideas, so it doesn't have to be anything yet. Could you post some pictures of what you made in our Project Gallery, so we can see what you mean?
3/23/2011 8:01:21 PM
Marta
Marta
Posts 2140
Hi Petra,

First of all, let me clarify that I was not trying to talk up my project/s, but make a point - namely, would you accept works from personal patterns too? I am sure that there are a lot of talented people out there producing wonderful things in crochet from their own ideas.

As for my placemats: I have been looking for their pictures (which, for once, I remembered to take before giving the items away) and they are nowhere to be found. I have concluded that either I or my DH must have cleared the camera memory before downloading those pictures to the computer. But...I am going to visit the recipient in a couple of weeks, so I'll try to get new ones. Or will it be too late?

I have found my notes on the back of a ball band of the yarn I used, so if you think they would be helpful I'll be glad to send those to give you an idea of what I did (a very simple and practical project, but which was very well received).
3/25/2011 7:39:47 AM
wnjbaj101
wnjbaj101
Posts 1
hello... i'm new here,but do have some pictures of crochet items i've made... most of which is my own design....ie, baby,doll clothes etc.... crochet is so much easier to "make up as you go"... i can look thru my hard drive and send a few along if you'd like... just found Elann so most of these are just "discount" yarn... but the ideas are there... bj
pages: 1
HomeElann AnnouncementsSubmit your Ideas for a Crochet Project Contest