HomeElann AnnouncementsShui Kuen Kozinski Designs Contest!
Messages in this topic - RSS
3/20/2011 10:40:04 AM
psophia17
psophia17
Posts 100
Are you a fan of Shui Kuen's amazing lace designs, especially when they're enhanced by the quality and beauty of elann.com house brand yarns? Visit the Free Patterns section of our website to view more than 20 free patterns designed by Shui Kuen Kozinski, and choose your favorite.

Submit photos of your completed Shui Kuen Kozinski design, crafted in any currently available elann.com house brand yarn, for a chance to win one of 5 prizes of $100.00 elann dollar credits! Entries will be accepted until midnight, Pacific Time, June 30th, 2011, and you are welcome to submit more than one entry.

Voting for this contest will remain open until midnight, Pacific Time, Thursday, July 7th, and winners will be announced on Friday, July 8th.
edited by petra@elann on 3/22/2011
edited by admin on 5/17/2011

3/21/2011 3:55:58 PM
sduy45
sduy45
Posts 4
If a yarn is not listed today, does that mean it doesn't qualify? Would that yarn be available again during the contest time? I have Quecha and am interested in doing one of Shui Kuen Kozinski's patterns and I purchased the yarn from Elann, but don't remember when...????

Of more interest to me is the question, does this mean that Quecha will not be available ever again? I LOVE QUECHA!!!!
3/21/2011 6:22:59 PM
amerz
amerz
Posts 3
Too bad crocheters can't join in.
3/22/2011 7:45:03 AM
psophia17
psophia17
Posts 100
sduy45 wrote:
If a yarn is not listed today, does that mean it doesn't qualify? Would that yarn be available again during the contest time? I have Quecha and am interested in doing one of Shui Kuen Kozinski's patterns and I purchased the yarn from Elann, but don't remember when...????

Of more interest to me is the question, does this mean that Quecha will not be available ever again? I LOVE QUECHA!!!!

Unfortunately, projects knit in our yarns that have been discontinued, as our Quechua has, can't be entered into the contest. However, we would love to see them added to our Project Gallery. As well, if there's a yarn we've offered in the past that is no longer available, please do let us know - there's always a chance we could bring it back!
3/22/2011 7:47:23 AM
psophia17
psophia17
Posts 100
wcurtin-727840 wrote:
Too bad crocheters can't join in.

Maybe not this time, but we do have plans to increase the presence of crochet at elann.com, and there could be a crochet contest in the future.
3/22/2011 6:16:39 PM
rdott
rdott
Posts 16
I love the pattern in the Bird's Nest Smoke Ring and want to make a baby shawl for my niece using this pattern.
Would this qualify or is it too far removed from the pattern?
3/27/2011 5:29:07 AM
urbanp100
urbanp100
Posts 4
Where is the thread where people are posting their photos, the one you go to for voting? I seem to only find this topic.
3/27/2011 7:30:26 AM
acb
acb
Posts 1459
urbanp100-548999 wrote:
Where is the thread where people are posting their photos, the one you go to for voting? I seem to only find this topic.

Click Project Gallery on the Community menu!
3/27/2011 7:31:31 AM
acb
acb
Posts 1459
rdott-847286 wrote:
I love the pattern in the Bird's Nest Smoke Ring and want to make a baby shawl for my niece using this pattern.
Would this qualify or is it too far removed from the pattern?

Of course it would qualify - what a lovely idea.
3/27/2011 6:07:32 PM
rdott
rdott
Posts 16
Thanks acb.
I'm currently trying to decide how best to add the picot edging to the sides.
:-)
3/31/2011 10:18:15 AM
jungeun426
jungeun426
Posts 2
Are discontinued colors ok? I have 3 skeins of Silken Kydd I wanted to use for the Dancing Crane stole but I see the pewter color I have isn't currently available from elann.com and wondering if the project would still be eligible for the contest.
3/31/2011 11:52:29 AM
maggie
maggie
Posts 58
Hello,

We would be pleased to accept your entry using our Silken Kydd in #03 Pewter. While this color isn't in stock at the moment, the yarn is, and therefore is eligible for the contest. For those who are curious, we are expecting a new shipment of Silken Kydd, although we're not certain exactly when it will arrive.

Good luck,
Maggie
edited by petra@elann on 3/31/2011
6/17/2011 9:02:31 AM
acb
acb
Posts 1459
petra@elann wrote:
Are you a fan of Shui Kuen's amazing lace designs, especially when they're enhanced by the quality and beauty of elann.com house brand yarns? Visit the Free Patterns section of our website to view more than 20 free patterns designed by Shui Kuen Kozinski, and choose your favorite.

Submit photos of your completed Shui Kuen Kozinski design, crafted in any currently available elann.com house brand yarn, for a chance to win one of 5 prizes of $100.00 elann dollar credits! Entries will be accepted until midnight, Pacific Time, June 30th, 2011, and you are welcome to submit more than one entry.

Voting for this contest will remain open until midnight, Pacific Time, Thursday, July 7th, and winners will be announced on Friday, July 8th.
edited by petra@elann on 3/22/2011
edited by admin on 5/17/2011

Just a reminder to everyone that this contest closes to entrants on June 30th, and closes to voters on July 7th! Be sure to post your entries to the Project Gallery for a chance to win one of 5 prizes of $100 elann dollar credits. Click Here to see and vote for the entries posted so far.
6/27/2011 1:55:13 PM
psophia17
psophia17
Posts 100
A reminder that our Shui Kuen project contest closes on June 30th. Post your entries to the Project Gallery for a chance to win one of 5 prizes of $100 elann dollar credits, and don’t forget to vote for your favorite submissions!

Good luck!
6/27/2011 6:59:18 PM
rdott
rdott
Posts 16
Sadly, I won't get my project finished in time. Grass cutting and weeding seem to be cutting into my knitting time. Would it be possible to post a partially finished project? I'm about 1/2 done and I could block it on the needles to take a photo of it.

However, I know that you specified completed projects...

Just thought I'd ask.
Thanks,
Debbie
6/28/2011 2:45:32 PM
maggie
maggie
Posts 58
Hi Debbie,

Thanks so much for taking the time to inquire if we would accept your half finished Shui Kuen project. Trust me, I do understand about mowing, gardening and all the other summer chores that take up our valuable knitting time. Unfortunately, the answer is no - we did specify that the contest was for completed projects.

We would still love to see your project when it's done!

All the best,
Maggie
edited by petra@elann on 6/28/2011
6/29/2011 9:31:51 AM
rdott
rdott
Posts 16
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I realize that everyone else got their projects done, so there really shouldn't be an exception for me. :-}

It's wasn't that big a project - I got hung up in the planning stage and then suddenly there was so much outdoor work to do. Plus, my knitting time was taken up by a gift for gand-daughter who's birthday is on July 1st. Luckily for me, my niece isn't due till the middle of July, so I still have a little time....

I will post my little baby shawl when it's done; it's such a lovely pattern.

Good luck to everyone else!
:-)
Debbie
6/30/2011 10:22:21 AM
Sandra D
Sandra D
Posts 4497
I didn't get mine finished as well, but liked having the incentive to get started on one that was in my queue

Today I looked at the project entries for voting...they are all so beautiful and inspiring, congratulations to all the entrants on the lovely knitting!
7/1/2011 1:05:03 PM
acb
acb
Posts 1459
The contest is now officially closed, but don't forget that voting remains open until Thursday, July 7th at midnight, and the winners will be announced on Friday, July 8th. View all the entries and vote for your 5 favorites here.
7/6/2011 4:50:16 PM
Marta
Marta
Posts 2140
I couldn't participate in this contest, but what a pleasure to vote - and how quickly I ran out of votes! Beautiful projects - Congratulations, everyone!!!
pages: 1
HomeElann AnnouncementsShui Kuen Kozinski Designs Contest!